|Shamcey Supsup-Lee Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||May 16, 1986|
Shamcey Supsup-Lee is a Filipino architect, pageant director, and former beauty pageant contestant who first came into the spotlight in 2011 when she was crowned as Binibining Pilipinas Universe, a national beauty pageant in the Philippines that selects Filipina representatives to compete in major international beauty pageants such as Miss International, Miss Grand International, Miss Intercontinental, and Miss Globe. At the same event, she had also won the Miss Talent, Miss Philippine Airlines, and Miss Creamsilk awards. Later that year, she was the 3rd runner-up at the Miss Universe pageant held in São Paulo, Brazil. In 2019, she had been appointed the national director of the Miss Universe Philippines Organization, a beauty pageant and organization that selects the Philippines’ official representative to the Miss Universe pageant. She had succeeded her former mentor Stella Araneta in that position.
Shamcey Gurrea Supsup
Iligan City, Lanao del Norte, Northern Mindanao, Philippines
Shamcey had graduated valedictorian in grade school and salutatorian in high school. After her high school graduation, she had joined the University of the Philippines Diliman, a public research university in Diliman, Quezon City, Philippines.
She had graduated magna cum laude (typically awarded to graduates in the top 5%, 10%, or 15% of their class, depending on the institution) from there with a Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in architecture. In June 2010, she had topped the Philippines’ licensure examination for architects with a board rating of 86.60%.
Architect, Pageant Director, Former Beauty Pageant Contestant
- Father – Timoteo Ferolino Supsup
- Mother – Marcelina Luega ‘Marcey’ Gurrea
- Others – Gavino Supsup (Paternal Grandfather), Brigida Ferolino (Paternal Grandmother), Miguel Auxtero Gurrea (Maternal Grandfather), Teodora Luega (Maternal Grandmother)
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Shamcey has dated –
- Lloyd Lee (2011-Present) – Shamcey had started dating a businessman named Lloyd Lee in 2011 and the couple got engaged in June 2013. They got married on December 29, 2013, and Shamcey’s former mentor and pageant director, Stella Araneta, was designated as one of the principal sponsors of the Christian wedding ceremony that was held in Quezon City. They have 2 children together – a daughter named Nyla Kelcey (b. January 24, 2016) and a son named Peter Nathan (b. September 2018).
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Filipino (Ilocano, Boholano) descent.
- Slender frame
- Center-parted, shoulder-length, straight hair
- Radiant face
- Charming smile
Shamcey Supsup-Lee Facts
- When Shamcey was 3 years old, her mother had moved to work overseas and she was raised primarily by her father.
- Her paternal great-grandfather had changed the family’s surname to Supsup during World War II because he was trying to hide from the Japanese invaders.
- In 2011, just before she participated in the Miss Universe pageant, she had served as a judge (for 18 episodes) in the talent show called Its Showtime. She had later returned to the show as an occasional guest co-host, often filling in for Filipina-Australian actress, model, TV host, entrepreneur, and recording artist Anne Curtis.
- In November 2012, she had joined the Miss Universe event as the host of its web coverage. She has also served as a host for the lifestyle program CityScape.
Featured Image by Shamcey Supsup-Lee / Instagram