|Shilpa Shirodkar Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||November 20, 1969|
Shilpa Shirodkar is an Indian actor and former photo model who has predominantly worked in Hindi-language films, including Khuda Gawah, Bhrashtachar, Hitler, Kishen Kanhaiya, Benaam Badsha, Hum, Nyay Anyay, Hum Hain Bemisaal, Swarg Yahan Narak Yahan, Tilak, Prateeksha, Dil Hi To Hai, Parwane, Jeevan Ki Shatranj, Return of Jewel Thief, Rangbaaz, Gaja Gamini, Apne Dam Par, Chhoti Bahoo, Aankhen, Pehchaan, Gopi Kishan, and Badmaash. In 2000, she took a hiatus from acting and then made a comeback on television after 13 years. Her television roles include playing Kamla Vitthal Jadhav in Ek Mutthi Aasmaan, Janaki Randhir Tiwari in Silsila Pyaar Ka, and Jaya Sunil Mishra in Savitri Devi College & Hospital.
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Actor, Former Photo Model
- Father – Nitin Shirodkar
- Mother – Vanita Shirodkar
- Siblings – Namrata Shirodkar (Younger Sister) (Actor, Former Model)
- Others – Dr. Shirodkar (Grandfather), Meenakshi Shirodkar (b. Ratan Pednekar) (Grandmother) (Actor), Anushka (Niece), Mahesh Babu (Brother-In-Law) (Actor, Producer, Media Personality, Philanthropist), Gautam Krishna (Nephew), Sitara (Niece)
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Shilpa Shirodkar has dated –
- Aparesh Ranjit (2000-Present) – In the year 2000, she got married to the United Kingdom-based banker Aparesh Ranjit. The duo parents a daughter named Anushka (b. 2003).
Race / Ethnicity
Shilpa Shirodkar is of Goan descent.
Shilpa Shirodkar Facts
- In 1989, she made her film debut by appearing as Gopi, a blind girl, in the Hindi-language film Bhrashtachar.
- She played the character named Bijli in the 1991 Hindi-language crime drama film Benaam Badsha, a remake of the Tamil film Pudhea Paadhai. Shilpa Shirodkar co-starred in the film alongside Anil Kapoor and Juhi Chawla.
- Alongside the likes of Amitabh Bachchan, Sridevi, Nagarjuna, and others, Shilpa Shirodkar co-starred as Heena, the daughter of jailor Ranveer, in the 1992 epic drama film Khuda Gawah. The film became the 3rd highest-grossing Indian film of 1992 as well as entered Limca Book of Records as the first Indian film to use surround sound technique.
- For her performance in Khuda Gawah, she was nominated for Filmfare Award for “Best Supporting Actress”.
- From 2013 to 2014, Shilpa Shirodkar co-starred as Kamla Vitthal Jadhav, Kalpi’s mother, in the family drama television show Ek Mutthi Aasmaan, a role for which she won the Zee Rishtey Award for “Favourite Naya Sadasya – Female” in 2013 and was also nominated for Zee Rishtey Awards in “Favourite Popular Face – Female” and “Favourite Mata-Pita Rishta” categories.
- She was cast in the recurring role of Jaya Bajpai, Sunil’s widow who is the mother of Saachi and Sunny, in the romantic medical drama television show Savitri Devi College & Hospital from 2017 to 2018.
- In 2020, she was seen as Brijesh Singh’s wife in the Hindi language action film Guns of Banaras, a remake of the 2007 Tamil film Polladhavan. The film was completed in 2014 but was delayed for 6 years and The Times of India gave the film 2 out of 5 stars.
Featured Image by Shilpa Shirodkar / Instagram