|Sierra McClain Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||March 16, 1994|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Sierra McClain is an American actress and singer who is best known for portraying characters such as Nessa Parker in the musical drama TV series Empire (2016–2018), Tanya Clifton in the psychological crime-thriller TV series Mindhunter (2019), and Grace Ryder in the procedural drama TV series 9-1-1: Lone Star (2020-Present). She has also acted in movies such as Daddy’s Little Girls (2007), Shrink (2009), and Honey: Rise Up and Dance (2018). Besides her acting prowess, she is a member of the pop and R&B girl group Thriii, along with her younger sisters, Lauryn and China Anne.
Sierra Aylina McClain
Decatur, DeKalb County, Georgia, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
- Father – Michael McClain (Music Producer, Singer)
- Mother – Shontell McClain (Songwriter, Former Screenwriter)
- Siblings – Lauryn Alisa McClain (Younger Sister) (Singer, Actress), Gabriel McClain (Younger Brother), China Anne McClain (Younger Sister) (Singer, Actress, Songwriter, Dancer)
- Others – Essie Lee Wright (Maternal Grandmother)
Vocals, Guitar, Piano
- Hollywood Records
- Walt Disney Records
Sierra McClain’s net worth had been $2 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She is of African-American descent.
- Slender frame
- Ever-changing hairstyle
Sierra McClain Facts
- Sierra’s journey in the entertainment industry began in 2004, as a 10-year-old when her younger sister China was discovered by a music executive who had heard her sing. China was consequently cast in the Christian drama film The Gospel (2005) while Sierra was cast as a member of the children’s choir. Around the same time, Sierra and her sisters had formed a music group, naming it 3mcclaingirls.
- In December 2005, while China was on the sets of the sitcom Tyler Perry‘s House of Payne, she had introduced her sisters Sierra and Lauryn to a show producer and they had performed a song for him. Consequently, all of them were cast in the 2007 film Daddy’s Little Girls. Sierra had also then earned a spot, as a guest star, in the TV series, Tyler Perry’s House of Payne.
- The sisters, around 2010, had changed the group’s name to the McClain Sisters and had performed 2 songs titled Perfect Mistake and Electronic Apology for the Disney Channel TV show called A.N.T. Farm in 2011. Sierra was also the theme music composer for the show.
- In March 2012, the group had signed a contract with a label called Hollywood Records. The following month, they had performed at the 2012 White House Easter Egg Roll.
- The group’s song, titled The Great Divide, had peaked at number 4 on Billboard’s US Kid Digital Songs chart. They had then performed this song at the pre-show for the 2014 Radio Disney Music Awards and their first headlining concert at the House of Blues in Anaheim, California. From the summer to the fall of 2014, the group had undertaken a state fair tour around the United States.
- After leaving Hollywood Records, the group had been renamed, McClain. Post-2015, the group had taken a hiatus after all 3 sisters had booked acting roles. In June 2020, the group had been renamed Thriii.
Featured Image by Sierra McClain / Instagram