|Sohum Shah Quick Info
|5 ft 9 in
Sohum Shah is an Indian actor, producer, and entrepreneur who has been cast in various films and shows in roles like Viren Shah in The Big Bull, Baabarr Qureshi in Baabarr, Vinayak Rao in Tumbbad, Vikramjeet in Bard of Blood, Navin Parnami in Ship of Theseus, Chief Minister Bheema in Maharani, Sameer Mehta in Simran, and ACP Vedant Mishra in Talvar. Described as a masterpiece, his produced film Tumbbad became the first Indian film ever to be screened as the opening film at Venice International Film Festival.
Sri Ganganagar, Rajasthan, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Actor, Producer, Entrepreneur
- Father – He was a commodity broker.
- Mother – Vandana
- Sibling – Mukesh (Older Brother) (Director)
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Sohum Shah has dated –
- Amita Shah – He is married to Amita Shah.
Race / Ethnicity
Often sports a mustache or a goatee
Sohum Shah Facts
- He moved to Mumbai in order to make films after establishing his real estate business.
- Sohum Shah made his film debut as Baabarr Qureshi in the 2009 gangster Hindi film, Baabarr, in which he co-starred alongside Mithun Chakraborty and Urvashi Sharma.
- To focus on content-driven entertainment, he has established his own production house named Recyclewala Films.
- Sohum produced the 2012 drama film named Ship of Theseus which explores “questions of identity, justice, beauty, meaning, and death through the stories of an experimental photographer, an ailing monk, and an enterprising stockbroker”. He also appeared in the film as a young stockbroker named Navin Parnami.
- Ship of Theseus has received critical acclaim and won the award for the “Best Feature Film” of the year at the 61st National Film Awards.
- Sohum Shah co-produced the 2014 Hindi-language action drama film, Gulaab Gang, which stars Madhuri Dixit and Juhi Chawla.
- In 2019, he was cast as Vikramjeet in the Netflix spy thriller series, Bard of Blood, based on the 2015 espionage novel of the same name by Bilal Siddiqi.
- He appeared as Bihar’s chief minister Bheema Bharti in the SonyLIV Hindi-language drama series, Maharani, in 2021. Sohum co-starred in the project alongside Huma Qureshi, Amit Sial, Kani Kusruti, and Inaamulhaq.
Featured Image by Sohum Shah / Instagram