|Stony Blyden Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||March 9, 1993|
|Best Known For||Hunter Street|
Stony Blyden is an aspiring Icelandic actor, rapper, singer, drummer, YouTuber, and record producer who is best known for his appearance in various films and shows such as The Standoff (2016), Casual (2016), Hunter Street, Hope Springs Eternal (2018), Dude (2018), and Life In A Year (2019). He is also very popularly known for the incredibly fun and creative comedy music that he creates for his channel “SteffComedy.” He has more than 100k followers on Instagram.
Thorsteinn Sindri Baldvinsson Blyden
Los Angeles, California, United States
Stony attained a degree in jazz drumming and music theory from the Reykjavík College of Music. He had also attended the Reykjavík School of the Arts where he studied acting.
In the past, Stony also studied at the Akureyri Junior College.
Actor, Rapper, Singer, Drummer, YouTuber, and Record Producer
- Father – Baldvin Blyden (Baker)
- Mother – Deborah Blyden (Fitness Instructor)
Stony is represented by Joseph Le Talent Agency and Marque Entertainment.
Bass, Drums, Guitar, Synthesizer, Sequencer, Sampler, Vocals
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
67 kg or 148 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Spanish and White)
He has Icelandic ancestry on his father’s side and Cuban ancestry on his mother’s side.
- Curly hair
- Perfect jawline
- He has a beauty spot on his chin.
Stony appeared in a commercial for PepsiCo at the age of 19.
Stony Blyden Facts
- He grew up in a small farm town in Iceland. Later, he moved to Los Angeles to pursue his career in entertainment.
- Stony developed a passion for acting when he was 13 years old making short horror films with his friends using his father’s camera.
- He moved to LA by himself and stayed in an Airbnb with 7 other aspiring people.
- His first job in entertainment was a commercial for Disney.
- His moniker “Stony” is made up of his first name “Thorsteinn” which is a compound of theonym Thor and sten “stone.”
- Stony passion for drumming began at a young age after having received a drum set as a Christmas gift from his father Baldvin.
- In the past, Stony attended one of Iceland’s oldest institutions, Akureyri Junior College.
- He began his YouTube channel titled “StonysWorld” on January 24, 2011. However, he uploaded his first to the channel titled “Childish Gambino: Heartbeat [Drum Remix] – Stony” on March 9, 2012.
- Stony started making his drumming cover videos with a camera that he had borrowed from his father.
- In 2017, he was cast in Nickelodeon’s hit show Hunter Street.
- Since he began his acting career in 2015, he has worked with many well-known stars like Frances Conroy, Michaela Watkins, Tommy Dewey, and Jayne Atkinson.
- He has performed with various bands and music artists like Janelle Monáe, Childish Gambino, and Hoodie Allen.
- Stony released his first single titled Feel Good in 2014.
- He was 19 when he co-wrote and starred in a commercial for PepsiCo‘s “Now Is What You Make It.” Prior to that, he had worked at a hotdog stand. Also, cast in the commercial was actress Janelle Monae and professional Argentinian footballer Lionel Messi.
- He claims to be a habitual over-thinker.
Featured Image By Stony Blyden / Instagram