|Sulochana Latkar Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||July 30, 1928|
|Date of Death||June 4, 2023|
Sulochana Latkar was an Indian actor who worked in Marathi and Hindi cinema and acted in 50 films in Marathi and around 250 Hindi films. Known for often playing mother figures, she appeared in a number of films like Muqaddar Ka Sikandar, Anarkali, Baaz, Do Thug, Jagte Raho, Do Ustad, Dil Apna Aur Preet Parai, Himmatwala, Mohabbat Ki Jeet, Kora Kagaz, Bhabhi Ki Chudiyan, Babar, Aaja Sanam, Amrit Manthan, Sampoorna Ramayana, Gangu, Neela Aakash, Jhoola, Bharosa, Sharabi, Pyar Hi Pyar, Devi, Ghar Sansar, Bhagwan Parshuram, Talash, Johny Mera Naam, Roti Kapada Aur Makan, My Love, Rootha Na Karo, Lakhon Mein Ek, Pardesi, Tum Haseen Main Jawan, Reshma Aur Shera, Bombay Talkies, Baharon Phool Barsao, Veer Ghatotkach, Duniya Kya Jane, Brahma Vishnu Mahesh, Seema, Jane Anjane, Ladki Pasand Hai, Kati Patang, Main Sunder Hoon, Gora Aur Kala, Mere Jeevan Saathi, Khoon Bhari Maang, Rakhi Aur Hathkadi, Dil Ki Rahen, Kahani Kismat Ki, Aahat, Sampoorna Santoshi Maa Ki Mahima, Kala Dhandha Gorey Log, Aap Ki Kasam, International Crook, Jeevan Dhara, Warrant, Khaan Dost, Aashiq Hoon Baharon Ka, and Andar Baahar. In 1999, she was honored with Padma Shri (the 4th-highest civilian award of the Republic of India).
She was born on July 30, 1928.
On June 4, 2023, she died due to age-related complications and prolonged illness at the age of 94 at Shushrusha Hospital in Dadar, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
Belgaum, Bombay Presidency, British India (present-day Belagavi, Karnataka, India)
She resided in Prabhadevi, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sulochana Latkar had dated –
- Muthuraman – Sulochana Latkar was 14 years old when she got married to Muthuraman and gave birth to a daughter named Kanchan Ghanekar. Kanchan later married Marathi stage star and dental surgeon Dr. Kashinath Ghanekar.
Race / Ethnicity
Salt and Pepper
Frequently played the role of mother
Sulochana Latkar Facts
- She played the role of Jamna in the 1959 Hindi romantic comedy film Dil Deke Dekho, starring Shammi Kapoor and Asha Parekh.
- Along with actor Nirupa Roy, Sulochana Latkar became popular for playing the “mother” roles right from 1959 until the early 1990s.
- Alongside Dilip Prabhavalkar, Ashok Saraf, Ranjana, Mohan Kothiwan, Ram Nagarkar, and Mohan Joshi, Sulochana Latkar co-starred as Radha Mavshi in the 1982 Marathi-language horror comedy film Ek Daav Bhutacha.
- She was cast as J.D.’s mother in the 1988 Hindi-language action thriller film Khoon Bhari Maang, based on the Australian drama mini-series Return to Eden (1983). The film stars Rekha, Kabir Bedi, Sonu Walia, Shatrughan Sinha, and Kader Khan.
- On the occasion of the birth anniversary of Baburao Painter (a pioneer filmmaker and artist regarded as one of the founders of modern Marathi cinema), Sulochana Latkar was honored with the Chitrabhushan Award instituted by the Akhil Bharatiya Marathi Chitrapat Mahamandal in 2003.
- She received the Filmfare Lifetime Achievement Award in 2004 and was awarded the Maharashtra Bhushan Award by the Government of Maharashtra in 2009.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / bollywoodhungama.com / CC BY 3.0