Helen Elizabeth Daly
Tess, Tess Kay
Stockport, Cheshire, England
Tess Daly attended the Hayfield Primary School and later got admission at New Mills Secondary School. At New Mills, she managed to achieve nine O-level grades.
Model, television presenter, novelist
- Father – Vivian Daly (Died in 2003)
- Mother – Sylvia Daly
- Siblings – Karen Daly (Younger Sister)
Tess Daly is represented by the London-based James Grant Group Ltd.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
57 kg or 125.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Tess Daly has dated
- Vernon Kay (2003-Present) – Tess got married to TV presenter and former model Vernon Kay at St Mary’s Catholic Church, near Bolton, in September 2003. The following year in October, she gave birth to their first daughter. They welcomed their second daughter in May 2009. Their marriage hit quite a turbulent time in 2010 as Vernon was embroiled in two sexting scandals with topless model Rhian Sugden. He had to issue a public apology on Radio 1 to get their marriage back on track. In April 2016, their marriage was once again under scrutiny after it was revealed that Vernon had got in touch with Rhian and had asked her to meet him at a very discreet place. In the messages leaked to the media, he had reportedly asked her to wear a wig to hide her identity. However, they managed to pull through once again. The sources close to her even claimed that the whole saga was fabricated to hurt their relationship.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Irish descent.
- Broad smile
- Toned figure
Tess Daly has worked as the brand ambassador for the lingerie brand La Senza. She was also made the face of their Steal the Show Christmas 2009 campaign.
Tess has also done endorsement work for the following brands
- M&M’s (2002)
- Clairol (2010)
- LÓreal Paris Hair Color
- L’Oreal New Revitalift SPF30
Best Known For
- Having served as the co-presenter of the popular reality dance show, Strictly Come Dancing.
- Serving as the co-presenter of the BBC annual telethon Children in Need, which is held to raise funds for the disabled young people and children in the UK.
Tess Daly hasn’t been cast in a theatrical film till 2017.
First TV Show
In 1999, she made her first TV show appearance as the host of the reality TV series, Spy TV UK.
Tess Daly relies on yoga and Pilates to keep herself fit and toned. However, she doesn’t make it too regimented and sometimes tends to miss her workout sessions. She focuses on remaining as active as possible without becoming too obsessed with the fitness regime. At her house, they also have an exercise bike in the TV room so that she can get some exercise done while watching TV.
Tess has hired personal trainer Doug Robertson to help her achieve her aesthetic goals. She also went for his Perfect Bum method to tone her hips and upper thighs, and to strengthen her pelvic muscles. She has completed the fab 10-week Pilates course to get the best results and also enjoys swimming in her free time.
Also, having seen the devastatingly negative effects of dieting first hand during her early modeling career, she isn’t a big fan of starving herself to look slim. She also doesn’t like stepping onto the scales and hasn’t done it for years.
Tess Daly Favorite Things
- Beauty Products – Daly Protect, with SPF12 and Daly Tint tinted moisturizer
- Hair Products – Clairol Herbal Essences Evershine Conditioning Gloss
- Celebrity Body Part – Jennifer Lopez’s backside
- Celebrity Beauty Icons – Cameron Diaz and Jennifer Aniston
- Mascara – Max Factor False Lash Effect
Tess Daly Facts
- In 2002, the FHM magazine placed her on the #23 spot in the list featuring 100 Sexiest Girls after having conducted an online poll.
- She was scouted at a McDonald’s joint in Manchester while waiting outside for her younger sister.
- Upon turning 18, she got her first modeling gig in Tokyo, after which she landed a couple of assignments across Asia and Europe.
- While living in New York City, a friend of hers who used to organize red carpet events suggested that she should interview celebrity guests at such events.
- In 2000, she sent a couple of interviews conducted by her on the red carpet to the producers of the British show, The Big Breakfast. She was later hired and it served as her big breakthrough in the TV industry.
- In 2011, she published her first fiction book, The Camera Never Lies, which was followed by It’s Up to You New York in 2013.
- Despite having lived a jet-setting life during her modeling days, she is terrified of flying, which has only worsened since she became a mother.
- Visit her official website @ tessdaly.co.uk.
- Follow her on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Damien Everett / Flickr / CC BY 2.0