|Tia Gostelow Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||October 12, 1999|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Tia Gostelow is an Australian singer, songwriter, and musician. She is best known for her debut studio album titled Thick Skin, released in September 2018.
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Singer, Musician, Songwriter
- Father – Bevan Gostelow
- Mother – Kristy Gostelow (Founder of Kadence Group, Manager) 1
- Siblings – She has a brother.
Tia Gostelow is represented by –
- Collective Artists (Talent Agent) in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia, and New Zealand
- ATC LIVE (Talent Agent) in Europe
- Paradigm Talent Agency (Talent Agent) in the United States
- Kadence Group (Manager) in Queensland, Australia
- Footstomp Music (Manager) in Currumbin, Queensland, Australia
Indie Folk, Rock, Pop, Alternative
- Lovely Records
- Antifragile Music
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Tia Gostelow has dated –
- Jack Johnson
Race / Ethnicity
She has also dyed her hair ‘Black’ and ‘Blonde’ in the past.
- Nose piercing
She is an ambassador for The Line organization.
Tia Gostelow Facts
- When Tia was very young, she moved to the Groote Eylandt island in the Gulf of Carpentaria of Australia, where she spent a few years.
- She grew up listening to folk, alternative bluegrass, and country music.
- She was always into music and sang around the house for as long as she remembers.
- Tia started playing music at the age of 7 when she convinced her parents to purchase a cheap guitar off eBay and hire a music teacher for lessons.
- She decided to take music seriously after she got obsessed with Taylor Swift‘s single Love Story from the album Fearless (2008). Seeing her passion, her parents took her and her brother to see Taylor’s 1st live performance in Australia at the 2009 CMC Rocks country music festival.
- She moved to Mackay, Queensland, Australia at the age of 10.
- At the age of 12, she started playing gigs in local pubs in Mackay which continued throughout high school.
- Tia was inspired to start songwriting in 2013. She witnessed singer-songwriter Melody Pool win the Songwriters Award for her song, titled Henry, at the Country Music Festival in Tamworth, Staffordshire, England.
- Her high school peers didn’t take her music seriously even after the success of her debut single, State Of Art (2015).
- Someone offered her drugs after a late-night performance at a pub in 2015. Luckily, her dad was in the audience and intervened.
- She formed a band in early 2017 and considers the band members her older brothers.
- In November 2017, Tia attended the Native Tongue Writing Camp on the Central Coast of New South Wales. While there, she wrote songs for her debut studio album. She also experimented with co-writing with strangers for the 1st time and was taught about the production side of music.
- Tia moved to Brisbane, Queensland, Australia in early 2018.
- She expressed the desire to remain in control of her music to her mom, who founded Kadence Group. Her mom simply stated “Well, why don’t you start your label, then?” which inspired Tia to create the Lovely Records limited to Australia and New Zealand.
- Tia’s debut studio album Thick Skin (2018), which won “Album of The Year” at the 2019 Queensland Music Awards, made her the youngest winner of the award.
- After she got obsessed with listening to MANE’s song Chasing Butterflies on repeat, Tia invited the up-and-coming artist to accompany her as a support act for her tour.
- Her single, Strangers, was certified ‘Gold’ in Australia on February 15, 2020.
- She eats a gluten-free diet.
- She admitted ordering Macca’s (Australian nickname for McDonald’s curly fries) from Uber Eats at 2:00 A.M. saved her from hunger after late-night gigs.
- While touring, Tia limits her alcohol intake and partying since she realized it leads to fatigue and feeling ill.
Featured Image by Tia Gostelow / Instagram