|Tim Cook Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||November 1, 1960|
Tim Cook is an American business executive known for being the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Apple Inc. In 2014, Tim publicly came out as gay by stating in an editorial for the Bloomberg Business – “I’m proud to be gay, and I consider being gay among the greatest gifts God has given me.” Tim has done activism work for various charities and in March 2015, he said that he was planning to donate his stock fortune to charity. He is also popular on social media with more than 10 million followers on Twitter.
Timothy Donald Cook
Mobile, Alabama, United States
Palo Alto, California, United States
Tim Cook went to Robertsdale High School. He then studied science at the Auburn University, graduating with a Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Industrial Engineering in 1982.
Thereafter, Tim joined IBM, taking a keen interest in the computer business. He worked there for 12 years and ultimately became the director of the North American fulfillment.
Side by side, he enrolled at the Duke University’s Fuqua School of Business and earned a Master’s degree in Business Administration (MBA degree) in 1988.
Business Executive, Industrial Engineer, Developer
- Father – Donald (Shipyard Worker)
- Mother – Geraldine (Worked at a pharmacy)
Tim Cook is managed by his team of experts who work for him at the Apple office in Cupertino, California, United States.
6 ft 3 in or 190.5 cm
80 kg or 176 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Tim Cook is a private person. He has not shared any personal information about his life socially, apart from openly stating that he is gay.
Race / Ethnicity
- Gray hair with a trendy short haircut
- Wears power glass
- Frown lines on the forehead and light wrinkles on the face
Tim Cook has promoted institutes and people that he believes in, such as –
- Auburn University, where he has studied.
- Gay rights in speech.
Best Known For
- Being the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Apple Inc. He joined Apple as the senior vice president of worldwide operations in March 1998. He was appointed CEO on August 24, 2011. As a CEO, he has stressed the importance of political reformation of international and domestic surveillance, tightening cyber-security, creating corporate taxation both nationally and abroad, American manufacturing, and environmental preservation.
- Being the first Chief Executive of a Fortune 500 company to openly come out and declaring himself as gay in 2014. He took the initiative to come out openly to help younger generations to feel more accepted in this world and give hope.
First TV Show
In 2015, he made his first TV show appearance on the talk show The Late Show with Stephen Colbert.
Tim believes in a healthy mind and body. He likes working out and is quite regular at the gym, though he likes to work in solitary. He uses the off-campus gym so he can work out in privacy.
Tim is in good shape. He goes to the gym in the morning at 5:00 am. In his free time, he also goes for hiking and cycling. He is conscious of what he eats. He tries to maintain a balanced diet by eating healthy food such as scrambled egg whites, sugar-free cereal, and unsweetened almond milk.
Tim Cook Favorite Things
- Band – One Republic
Source – The Fader
Tim Cook Facts
- He usually wakes up by 3:45 am.
- He reads around 700-800 emails every day.
- Tim occasionally enjoys lunch with random Apple workers in the company’s cafeteria.
- He believes in getting a proper rest and therefore, sleeps for 7 hours.
- He is into numerous charities. Few of his close charities are fundraising for multiple sclerosis diseases, a campaign against the anti-discrimination legislation, equal education, and support for human rights campaign.
- He is an ardent fan of Auburn Football and Duke Basketball teams.
- He is inspired by Bobby Kennedy and Martin Luther King Jr.
- In February 1981, he received an honorary degree from The University of Glasgow.
- Tim’s ideal vacation is hiking in Yosemite National Park.
- He has served as one of the board of directors for Nike, Inc. and the National Football Foundation. He is also a trustee of the Duke University.
- In 2014, Tim Cook was presented with the Visibility Award at the 2015 Human Rights Campaign National Dinner.
- The Apple Watch has helped him lose weight as it has been created with a focus on fitness.
Featured Image by iphonedigital / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0