Born Place / Residence
Professional Tennis Player
Right-Handed (Two-Handed Backhand)
- Father – Csaba Babos
- Mother – Zsuzsanna Babos
- Siblings – Susie Babos (Older Sister)
5 ft 10½ in or 179 cm
71 kg or 156.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- Blonde hair and green eyes
- Tall stature
- Oval facial shape
- Muscular body
- Mole on the right side of the face close to the nose
38-29-36 in or 96.5-74-91.5 cm
8 (US) or 40 (EU)
Timea is sponsored by MOL, Park Teniszklub, Szerencsejatek Zrt., Mazda, Babolat, and Fila.
Best Known For
Being one of the best Hungarian female tennis players that ever played tennis.
She is recognized for aggressive play style and powerful forehand.
First Grand Slam Singles Wins
You can see Timea’s recent title wins on WTA Tennis.
Over the course of her career, Timea has been coached by her father Csaba Babos and Levente Baratosi.
Timea Babos Favorite Things
- Surface – Hard, Grass
- Favorite Thing about being a Tennis Player – Seeing different places and cultures
- Player – Elena Dementieva
- Actor – Johnny Depp
Source – WTATennis.com, ITFTennis.com
Timea Babos Facts
- She began playing tennis at the age of 8.
- Her best memory is when she won her first WTA title in Monterrey.
- Timea’s professional goal is to win matches at Grand Slam Tournaments.
- In 2010, she partnered with Sloane Stephens and won the 2010 French Open girls in doubles. These two also won the 2010 Wimbledon Championships. In the final match, they achieved a win over Elina Svitolina and Irina Khromacheva.
- She lost in the first round of 2012 US Open from Johanna Konta in 2 sets.
- Her sister Susie also wanted to become a professional tennis player.