|Tom Welling Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2¾ in|
|Date of Birth||April 26, 1977|
|Girlfriend||Jessica Rose Lee|
Tom Welling, the American actor, started his career in 2000 when he appeared in the music video of “Picture Perfect” sung by Angela Via. He appeared as Angela’s love interest. He is known for playing Kal-El / Clark Kent / Superman in Smallville from 2001 to 2011. He has also directed some of the episodes of this show.
Thomas John Patrick Welling
Putnam Valley, New York, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Tom completed his high schooling from Okemos High School in Michigan. It was in high school that he started acting in plays. Previously, he had also studied at Salesianum School in Wilmington, Delaware.
Actor, film director and producer, and model
- Father – Tom Welling Sr.
- Mother – Bonnie Welling
- Siblings – Rebecca Welling (Older Sister), Jamie Welling (Older Sister), Mark Welling (Younger Brother) (Actor)
- Others – Evan Peters (Distant Cousin) (Actor)
Tom Welling is managed by –
- George Freeman, Talent Agent, William Morris Endeavor (WME) Entertainment, Beverly Hills, California, USA.
- David Unger, Manager, Artist International Group, New York City, New York, USA.
- Simon Halls, Publicist, Slate PR, Los Angeles, California, USA.
- Bryan Wolf and Clifford Gilbert-Lurie, Legal Representatives, Ziffren Brittenham, Los Angeles, California, USA.
- Heroes for Hire, Talent Agent Personal Appearance, Studio City, California, USA.
6 ft 2¾ in or 190 cm
85 kg or 187.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Tom Welling has dated –
- Jamie White (1997-2013) – Tom and model Jamie White started dating in 1997 after they first met during their modeling years. After dating for 5 years, they got married in 2002 on Martha’s Vineyard, the Massachusetts Island amidst their close friends and family members. Tom wore a classic black suit with silver tie on his wedding. They went to Paris, France for their honeymoon. During their married life, they resided in Vancouver for a year or so. Unfortunately, not all was well between them. Jamie filed for divorce on October 17, 2013, citing “irreconcilable differences”, after 10 years of marriage. In November 2015, they officially divorced. The couple does not have any children.
- Jessica Rose Lee (2014-Present) – Tom and the founder of Saddle Club, Jessica Rose Lee started dating in 2014 after Tom’s split from his former wife Jamie. Tom also has a passion for horses. The couple has shared adorable pictures of themselves on social media. The couple announced their engagement in February 2018.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of German, Irish, English, Scottish, and Swiss descent.
Black with a touch of gray
- Squared jawline with a rounded chin
- Often keeps a medium stubble beard
Tom Welling has endorsed brands such as –
- 7 UP
- J. Maxx
Best Known For
- Playing Clark Kent in the TV series Smallville from 2001 to 2011 which was based on the DC Comics character, Superman created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster.
- Playing Rob “Karate Rob” Meltzer in the CBS legal drama Judging Amy and as Marcus Pierce on the Fox drama series Lucifer.
In 2003, Tom made his theatrical film appearance in the comedy-drama Cheaper by the Dozen as Charlie Baker.
First TV Show
In 2001, Tom made his first TV show appearance as Rob Meltzer in the drama series Judging Amy. He appeared in a total of 6 episodes.
Over the years, Tom Welling has managed to maintain a great physique. In order to become perfect for his role in Smallville, he worked tirelessly with celebrity trainer, Ramona Braganza.
Ramona had put up a challenging and dynamic training plan for Tom, which included working on the upper-body like chest, upper back, biceps, and triceps.
Apart from aiming for large chest muscles, Tom was trained to achieve a perfect V-shaped look for the upper body. For training his shoulders and back, he did pull-ups focusing on the eccentric phase of the exercise to put extra stress on the upper back.
To back up the process of bodybuilding and to maintain his energy levels, he went on a high protein diet.
Tom Welling Favorite Things
- Sport – Basketball
- Celebrities – Al Pacino, Bob Saget, Christopher Walken, Marlon Brando, Robert De Niro, Steve Martin, Jerry Seinfeld
- Movie – Mutiny on the Bounty (1935)
- Designer – Tom Ford
- TV Show – Seinfeld (1989-1998)
Tom Welling Facts
- When he was growing up, he lived in Wisconsin, Delaware, and Michigan.
- He played baseball, basketball, and soccer in high school.
- He played as a shortstop and pitcher in baseball. While in soccer, he started off as a striker and later became the goalkeeper.
- Before starting a modeling career, he did several odd jobs including bartending, waiting tables, and construction.
- While living in Vancouver for filming Smallville, he had three dogs namely Bear (Mixed Akita), Cook (Pug), and Maui (Boston Terrier).
- He can speak like the character Gollum from The Lord of the Rings (2001).
- Tom can also impersonate Keanu Reeves.
- He was thought perfect for the role of Emmett Cullen in the Twilight movie by the author Stephenie Meyer. The role was finally played by Kellan Lutz.
- In 2001, Tom was included in the list of ‘Breakthrough Stars of 2001’ by People magazine.
- He is good friends with actor Ashton Kutcher since their modeling days.
- Tom was cast as the love interest of Angela Via in her music video, “Picture Perfect”.
- He once saved a woman in real life, who was being mugged, as he fought her attackers away.
- He is the Executive President of his company Tom Welling Productions based in Encino, California, USA.
- Tom has also modeled for renowned brands such as Tommy Hilfiger, Abercrombie & Fitch, and Calvin Klein among others; while working for Louisa Modeling Agency in the late 1990’s.
- He is the longest running Superman on reel life.
- Follow him on Facebook and Instagram.
Featured Image by vagueonthehow / Flickr / CC BY 2.0