|Veronika Kudermetova Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||April 24, 1997|
Veronika Kudermetova is a Russian professional tennis player who is adept at both the singles and the doubles formats of the sport having been rated world number 34 in singles in February 2021 and world number 22 in doubles in September 2020, as per the official WTA (Women’s Tennis Association) rankings. At Grand Slam tournaments, in the singles format, she had reached the 3rd round of both the 2019 French Open and the 2021 Australian Open. Her most notable performance came in the doubles format though, with a surprise run to the semi-final of the 2020 US Open. As of March 2021, she had one trophy to her name on the WTA Tour – the doubles title triumph at the 2019 Wuhan Open. Representing Russia, she had won the ‘Bronze’ medal at the 2015 Gwangju Summer Universiade, in the mixed doubles format.
Veronika Eduardovna Kudermetova
Kazan, Tatarstan, Russia
Professional Tennis Player
- Father – Eduard Damirovich Kudermetov (Former Professional Ice Hockey Player, Two-Time Russian National Champion)
- Siblings – Polina Kudermetova (Younger Sister) (Tennis Player)
- Others – Gennadyi Demekhine (Father-in-Law), Natalia Demekhine (Mother-in-Law), Elena Demekhine (Sister-in-Law)
She is represented by Ugo Colombini, Manager and Booking Agent, Milan, Lombardy, Italy.
Right-Handed (Two-Handed Backhand)
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Veronika has dated –
- Sergei Demekhine (2017-Present) – Veronika got married to Russian tennis coach, model, and former professional tennis player Sergei Gennadyievich Demekhine in 2017. Sergei has also served as her pro coach on tour.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Russian descent.
- Toned physique
- Long, straight hair
- Charming smile
- Gleaming face
Veronika has been sponsored by –
- Wilson Sporting Goods Company
- Emporio Armani
Veronika Kudermetova Facts
- Veronika’s first win in the main draw of a Grand Slam singles tournament had come in the 2019 French Open when she had defeated the former world number 1 Caroline Wozniacki in the 1st round. Caroline had exacted revenge in the very next Grand Slam tournament, the 2019 Wimbledon, where she had defeated Veronika in the 2nd round.
- When she had won the doubles title at the 2019 Wuhan Open, her maiden trophy on the WTA Tour, she and her partner Duan Yingying had defeated the newly-crowned US Open champions Elise Mertens and Aryna Sabalenka in the final. Interestingly, this was the first time that Veronika and Duan had played together at a tournament. The win had helped her break into the ‘Top 25’ of the official WTA doubles rankings for the first time in her career.
- She had also participated in the singles format of that event where she had reached the 3rd round which had helped her reach a career-high ranking of 42. During the tournament, she had also defeated Belinda Bencic which was her first career singles win over a player ranked in the ‘Top 10’.
- As of March 2021, she had one ‘Double Bagel’ performance (the feat of winning a match with a scoreline of 6–0, 6–0) to her name. This had happened when she had thrashed Barbara Haas in the first round of the 2020 Linz Open.
Featured Image by Veronika Kudermetova / Instagram