|Vincent Kartheiser Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||May 5, 1979|
Vincent Kartheiser is an American actor who is best known for portraying roles such as Connor in Angel, Pete Campbell in Mad Men, Sean Barnes in Alaska, Ozzie Paxton in Masterminds, and Bobbie in Another Day in Paradise. He has also appeared in a variety of other TV shows and films such as Untamed Heart, Luckytown, Crime and Punishment in Suburbia, Dandelion, Killing Zelda Sparks, Rango, The Most Hated Woman in America, Most Likely to Murder, The Social Dilemma, Sweet Justice, ER, The Cleveland Show, Proven Innocent, Titans, and Law & Order: Special Victims Unit. For his acting skills, Vincent has won several awards such as the Screen Actors Guild Award.
Vincent Paul Kartheiser
Vinnie, Vince, Fruity Lavender, VK Broiler
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
Oakland, California, United States
He sometimes has to split his time between Los Angeles and New York City.
Vincent studied at Apple Valley High School, Minnesota.
He dropped out of high school at the age of 14 in freshman year because he failed 9th grade. He moved to Los Angeles, California immediately after quitting school to work full time as an actor.
- Father – James Ralph Kartheiser (Construction Equipment Seller)
- Mother – Janet Marie Gruyé (Day Care Provider)
- Siblings – Andrea Kartheiser (Older Sister) (Pricing Representative at Herregan Distributors), Colette Kartheiser (Older Sister) (Former Actress & Musician, Residential Design & Construction Company Owner), Elise Kartheiser (Older Sister) (Daycare Provider, Musician), Theresa Raasch née Rose Kartheiser (Older Sister) (Writer, Day Care Provider), Nathan James Kartheiser (Older Brother) (Baker, Owner of The Good Loaf Bakery in Milford, Nashville)
- Others – Daniel Louis Raasch (Brother-in-Law)
Vincent is represented by –
- Paradigm Talent Agency, Beverly Hills, California
- Untitled Entertainment, Beverly Hills, California
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
70 kg or 154 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Vincent Kartheiser has dated –
- Rachael Leigh Cook (1998) – Vincent started dating model, actress, and producer, Rachael Leigh Cook in 1998. They both share the same home state.
- As his career consistently progressed, Vincent became more private than ever. He confessed in an interview that he was a loner who loved his independence and usually did not stay in a monogamous relationship.
- Kimberly Alexis Bledel (2012–2022) – Vincent’s cynical views on relationship changed when he met actress Alexis Bledel on the sets of Mad Men in 2012. She was cast to play his character’s mistress for 3 episodes of the show. They started dating each other after the shooting for Season 5 wrapped. Alexis was based in New York, while, Vincent lived in LA. After more than a year of dating, the couple got engaged in 2013 and got married in 2014 in a small, private ceremony at a resort in Ojai. They welcomed a baby boy in 2015 but managed to keep it a secret from the tabloids for nearly a year. In August 2022, it was revealed that the couple had separated and had filed for divorce after being married for almost 8 years. Later that month, it was announced that their divorce had been finalized.
Race / Ethnicity
He has German, Polish, Finnish, Swedish, and Luxembourgian ancestry.
- Blue eyes
- Broad forehead
9 (US) or 8 (UK) or 42 (EU) (via BBook)
- He was cast in the Pioneer Press commercial in the early 1990s.
- After the end of Mad Men, Vincent’s biggest endorsement was to play Colonel Sanders for KFC in 2016.
He was raised in a Catholic Christian Family.
Best Known For
Playing Pete Campbell in 92 episodes of Mad Men (2007–2015).
Vincent made his theatrical film debut as an orphan boy in the romantic movie Untamed Heart in 1993.
First TV Show
Played the character of Nicholas in the Story of My Life episode of the American legal drama Sweet Justice in 1994.
Vincent gained 25 pounds of fat to play an aging Pete Campbell in season 5 of Man Men by consuming hot fudge sundae, pizza, and chicken wings. He managed to lose most of that weight after the show because he naturally possesses a very thin body type.
Vincent Kartheiser Favorite Things
- Acting Medium – Theatre
- Restaurants In LA – Café Stella (for Mussels), Cole’s, Mendocino Farms (for Sandwiches)
- Outdoor Place – Fryman Canyon for a hike
- Cafés – 101 Coffee Shop, Bourgeois Pig, Fred 62
- Games – Dominoes, Cribbage
- Actors – James Franco, Richard Jenkins
- Alcoholic Drink – Gin Martini with 3 olives, stirred not shaken
Source – Socal Pulse, Vulture, Bbook
Vincent Kartheiser Facts
- He started acting on the stage at the age of 6 and was a part of many productions in Guthrie Theater and the Children’s Theatre Company.
- At the age of 9, Vincent was the most popular kid for commercial voiceovers in his hometown, Minneapolis.
- From the age of 13-17, he became obsessed with Russian Literature and read a lot of work by Fyodor Dostoyevsky.
- Vincent was a nerd in high school who neither felt comfortable with his teachers nor got along with his classmates. Hence, he was happy to quit school when he got the chance.
- Before the age of 14, he was a part of 18 major plays and 3 national tours. He took 2 hours of acting lessons every day after school.
- Although Vincent moved to Los Angeles very early in life, he claims that the superficial and competitive environment of the city provokes him to be more private and reclusive. He warms up to human interaction when he goes back to his home state because he feels that people are kinder there.
- Vincent favors small spaces over large, flashy homes because they are easier to clean and maintain. He lived in a one bedroom bungalow for many years that had Japanese industrial themed interiors.
- According to him, most people can contribute to the preservation of the environment by giving up the consumption of animal meat.
- The idea for a minimalist living came to Vincent when over the years, he started getting a lot of unwanted gifts from fans and sponsors at red carpet events and holidays. While giving them away to the charity, he decided to give away a lot of luxuries that might be considered a basic requirement for most people.
- He did not have an agent for quite a long time and used to travel everywhere by public transport but he eventually gave in and purchased a Volkswagen for convenience.
- To prevent getting trapped in unwanted relationships, Vincent used to wear a wedding band for 7 years before he got married, just to prevent women from developing any expectation for a serious commitment.
- Vincent feels deeply concerned about the environment because he feels guilty about his air travel miles (about 70,000 miles a year). His airplane travel adds to pollution way more than all his other efforts to contribute to air cleanliness.
- For him, brilliant acting stems from his ability to fearlessly disregard all his insecurities about maintaining his image or looks. Staying true to which, he shaved off his hairline by a couple of inches to portray an aging Pete Campbell in the final season of Mad Men. He ignored warnings from his friends that he may not get his natural hairline back and that his appearance will look terribly weird.
- In May 2016, Vincent and Alexis Bledel sold their Brooklyn-based duplex penthouse for $1.32 million.
- He is not active on any social media site.
Featured Image by Dominick D / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0