|Vivian Dsena Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||June 28, 1988|
Vivian Dsena is a daily soap actor on Indian television who has built his acting portfolio by playing distinctive characters of unique storylines. Some of his roles required him to play a vampire, a movie star, man with special needs and a regular guy next door in love with a transgender. An actor by accident, his passions outside his profession are cooking, playing soccer and shopping.
Ujjain, Madhya Pradesh, India
Vivian completed most of his elementary education in his hometown. He spent 2 years in a military school and also attended Lokmanya Tilak High School in Mumbai.
He cracked the Madhya Pradesh state level entrance exam to enroll for a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering but gave up the idea of a college education to pursue modeling.
- Father – Duncan Dsena (Engineer)
- Mother – Shyamlata Dsena (Teacher)
- Siblings – Parvara Garcia Dsena aka Shivani (Younger Sister)
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
82 kg or 181 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Vivian has dated –
- Vahbiz Dorabjee (2010–2017) – Vivian met fellow actress Vahbiz on the sets of the TV show Pyar Kii Ye Ek Kahani (2010–2011) where Vivian was cast in the main lead while Vahbiz held a supporting role. The couple dated for 3 years before getting engaged in a private ceremony and got married in January 2013. After a few years of marital bliss, Vivian’s noticeable absence at his wife’s birthday party in November 2016 sparked break-up rumors. Although Vivian acknowledged his separation from Vahbiz, he denied his marriage was heading for a divorce. People started noticing the radical difference in the lifestyle followed by Vivian and Vahbiz for the first time as the actor preferred a quiet, private lifestyle as opposed to his wife’s active social life. After living separately for a year, the actor finally confirmed filing for a divorce petition in June 2017. Vahbiz announced the end of their marriage in September 2017.
- Garima Jain (2017) – Soon after his divorce, Vivian was rumored to be dating his Shakti – Astitva Ke Ehsaas Ki co-star, Garima Jain who played his sister on screen before getting replaced by another actress. Neither of the two actors confirmed or denied these rumors.
- Amrita Prakash Bakshi (2018) – In early 2018, tabloids reported that Vivian was dating another Shakti co-star, Amrita Prakash. Both the actors denied any romantic connection and confirmed a platonic friendship.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Asian and White)
His mother is Indian while his father has Indian and Portuguese ancestry.
- Square jawline
- Usually delivers his dialogue with a head tilt
- Rarely seen clean-shaven, often maintains a light stubble or a beard on his face
- Pale skinned
11 (US) or 10.5 (UK) or 44 (EU)
- Before catching a break as an actor, Vivian was cast as a model for Levi’s Jeans, Pepe Jeans, Spykar, Flying Machine, and Jet Airways
- His first major endorsement deal was opposite actress Esha Deol for Sando Benz Men’s Innerwear commercial
- Cast in a print photo shoot for Pantaloons Mufti Autumn Winter 2012 collection
- Cast in a commercial for Hyundai i20
- Promoted OppoF7 on his social media
Christianity & Hinduism
Vivian adopted his father’s religion but also prays to Lord Shiva since his mother is from a Hindu Brahmin family.
The actor never leaves for work without performing puja in the morning and makes it a point to pray every day.
Best Known For
Playing the male lead in the following daily soap TV shows aired on Colors Network –
- Rishabh Kundra in Madhubala – Ek Ishq Ek Junoon (2012–2014)
- Harman Singh in Shakti – Astitiva Ke Ehsaas Ki
First TV Show
From 2008 to 2009, Vivian played a supporting role of Vicky Jai Walia in Zee TV show Kasamh Se.
- Vivian had a passion for sports and fitness since his early childhood. He started playing soccer/football from the age of 10 and even aspired to become a professional soccer player at one time.
- He began working out from the age of 13-14 years which was years before boys in his hometown got drawn towards fitness or building their bodies.
- Vivian confided in an interview that he was asked to look huge and muscular for the opening episode of Madhubala in 2012, but after 20 days, he was requested to lose weight particularly for a jail sequence. He nearly lost 14 kg in 32 days and radically altered his build.
- The actor follows a straightforward approach to getting lean. Every time he needs to lose weight or gain lean muscle, he reduces his carbohydrate and sugar consumption and increases his protein intake.
- He suffered a few grave injuries participating in a dance reality competition in 2015 and a stunt based reality game in 2016 which prevented him from lifting weights for nearly a year.
- Fortunately for the actor, the role of Harman Singh he was cast to play in 2016, required him to gain some weight instead of maintaining a lean, shredded look.
- In 2017, Vivian stated in an interview that he resumed training in the gym and usually wakes up early for a workout session before reporting for work. The actor trains under the supervision of good friend and personal trainer, Junaid Kaliwala who is also India’s first IFBB Pro Physique athlete.
- He is very fond of drinking black coffee and likes to brew his cup of espresso in between shooting for his show. Vivian is a capable cook who can prepare several Indian and Italian dishes as well.
- The actor continues to play soccer by playing for an all-star Football team alongside Ranbir Kapoor, Abhishek Bachchan, and Shoojit Sircar. Despite being somewhat overweight, the actor claims he still has plenty of stamina.
Vivian Dsena Favorite Things
- Actor And Fitness Inspiration – Salman Khan
- Actress – Scarlett Johansson, Rekha
- Carbohydrate Source – Rice
- Activities To Unwind – Shopping, Cooking
- Perfume – Tom Ford, Hermes
- Recipe – Yellow Dal with desi tadka
- Hometown Food Items – Samosas, kachori, and pani puri
- Non-Food Passion – Gadgets, especially headphones
- Sport – Soccer
- Soccer Players – Cristiano Ronaldo, David Beckham, Lionel Messi, Neymar
Vivian Dsena Facts
- He started acting at the age of 19.
- The actor started his career as a model by participating in Gladrags Mr. India contest in 2007. He was one of the top 10 finalists and modeled for various brands after that.
- He has absolutely no interest in cricket even though it is the most popular sport in his country, India.
- While visiting a new city, Vivian prefers to try the street food rather than the predictable fast food available at restaurant franchises.
- Before signing for any work project, the actor establishes a strong pre-condition that he will not perform kissing or intimate scenes for the camera.
- Vivian frequently describes himself as ‘asocial,’ clarifying that he is not a loner by nature. He dislikes attending parties and often spends his birthdays at home because, since his childhood, he has deliberately kept his friend circle very small.
- The actor also shared that he has an inclination towards over thinking which makes him pay less heed to his immediate surroundings. As a result, people on the sets of his workplace often mistake him for being a cold person or a snob.
- Vivian stated that he got into the acting professing by fluke. He randomly participated in an audition without expecting a fruitful outcome and bagged his first television role following which he learned everything about acting on the job.
- The first role that won Vivian a large fan following was playing a vampire in Pyar Kii Yeh Ek Kahani (2010–2011). To prepare for that role, Vivian watched the American supernatural drama, The Vampire Diaries.
- To find out more about the actor, follow him on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by www.filmitadka.in / Filmi Tadka / CC BY-SA 3.0