|Wheein Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2½ in|
|Date of Birth||April 17, 1995|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Wheein is a South Korean singer, songwriter, and TV personality who is best known for being the lead vocalist as well as the performer of the girl group, Mamamoo, and her groupmates include Moonbyul, Solar, and Hwasa. She was raised in Jeonju, Jeollabuk-do, South Korea and has known her fellow bandmate, Hwasa, since they were both quite young and the duo shares a strong bond as well as 2 friendship tattoos. As a part of Mamamoo, Wheein has worked on a number of albums, EPs, and tracks which include the likes of Melting, 4colors, Piano Man, Pink Funky, Memory, Hello, Purple, Yellow Flower, White Wind, and Red Moon while Mamamoo has also gained massive attention from the music industry as well as the audience and has amassed a huge social media fan base with more than 2.5 million followers on Instagram, more than a million followers on Twitter, more than 2 million subscribers on YouTube, and more than a million followers on Facebook. Moreover, Wheein has also appeared as a featured artist in a number of songs, such as Under Age’s Song by Phantom, The Sunlight Hurts as well as Love or Like by Standing Egg, Please Just Go by Louie, Ex Girl by Monsta X, Miss U by Jude, and Tears Drops by DinDin, and by several well-known artists of the industry.
Jindo Dog, Decal, Jung Wheerun, Wheepup
Jeonju, North Jeolla, South Korea
Seoul, South Korea
Wheein studied at Wonkwang Information Arts High School located in South Korea.
Singer, Songwriter, TV Star
- Siblings – Wheein is an only child.
Wheein is represented by RBW (Rainbow Bridge World).
K-Pop, Retro, Jazz, R&B
RBW (Rainbow Bridge World), Victor
5 ft 2½ in or 159 cm
45 kg or 99 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has revealed that she likes rapper Beenzino and like most of the girls, he has been her ideal type as well and she has had a crush on him too.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of South Korean descent.
She has often dyed her hair in lighter shades.
- Deep-set eyes
- Dimpled smile
Best Known For
- Being the lead vocalist and performer of the South Korean girl group, Mamamoo, and working alongside her bandmates Moonbyul, Solar, and Hwasa. The group has released various albums, EPs, and tracks which include the likes of Melting, 4colors, Piano Man, Pink Funky, Memory, Hello, Purple, Yellow Flower, White Wind, Red Moon, and many more.
- Having been cast as a regular cast member in the JTBC series, Secret Unnie, in the year 2018
- The immense social media popularity of Mamamoo as it has garnered more than 2.5 million followers on Instagram, more than a million followers on Twitter, more than 2 million subscribers on YouTube, and more than a million followers on Facebook
As a member of the girl group Mamamoo, Wheein released her debut studio album, titled Melting, via Rainbow Bridge World (RBW) on February 26, 2016. The album comprised of songs such as You’re the Best, I Miss You, Girl Crush, Taller Than You, Words Don’t Come Easy, My Hometown, Friday Night, and Cat Fight and was ranked at number #2 in the Gaon Album Chart and at number #8 in the US World Albums (Billboard) Chart. Also, its song, You’re the Best, went on to win the Gaon Chart Music Award in the “Song of the Year” category in 2016 as well as Golden Disc Award in the “Digital Bonsang” category in 2017.
First TV Show
In 2016, Wheein made her first TV show appearance in an episode of the TVN series, Entourage, which starred the likes of Cho Jin-woong, Seo Kang-joon, Lee Kwang-soo, Park Jung-min, and Lee Dong-hwi.
Wheein stays fit by maintaining an active lifestyle and by exercising whenever she gets time.
Wheein Favorite Things
- Music Genre – Urban, R&B
- She grew up in Jeonju, Jeollabuk-do, South Korea.
- She and her Mamamoo groupmate, Hwasa, are almost of the same age and have known one another since they were in middle school and, hence, share a close bond.
- Wheein has previously trained with MBK Entertainment.
- She has appeared as a vocalist in Phantom‘s Under Age’s Song. She has also appeared as a featured artist in songs such as Hey by B1A4‘s Sandeul and Ex Girl by MONSTA X.
- Wheein totally enjoys watching mukbang (i.e. a live online audiovisual broadcast in which a host eats large amounts of foods while interacting with their audience).
- She has also appeared in the MBC singing competition program, King of Mask Singer, as Half-moon.
- Wheein has described herself as the ‘Snack Queen’.
- She has a cat named Ggomo/Kkomo.
- She has a couple of tattoos on her body and also shares 2 friendship tattoos with Hwasa.
- Wheein loves the popular boy group, Seventeen.
- She enjoys drawing in her free time.
- Formerly, she used to be roommates with her Mamamoo groupmate, Moonbyul.
- She is the loudest amongst all the members of Mamamoo.
- Wheein shares a close bond with several artists such as SONAMOO‘s Newsun, SEVENTEEN‘s Vernon, IMFACT‘s Taeho, and Bigstar‘s Jude.
- She excels at freestyle rapping and also takes a great interest in arts.
Featured Image by Holic / Tistory.com / CC BY 4.0
Wheein’s height is only 158 cm, mentioned in their song 1cm. Hwasa’s is 159, Solar’s is 160, and Moonbyul’s is 161.8 (don’t leave off the .8). Wheein’s sexuality is unknown, as all four play it close to the chest. She has mentioned dating, but avoids saying who. Wheein is the quietest member, not the loudest. I think she’s up to 11 tattoos now. Her mother is an artist, her parents divorced when she was young,and twice now her father has embarrassed and caused trouble for her and her mother by his tendency to get heavily into debt. Wheein is the most naturally funny of the members, with a flair for making funny remarks off the cuff. She’s also the most introverted and shy of the group despite her chosen occupation, and has expressed regret over being a celebrity.