|Winston Marshall Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||December 20, 1987|
Winston Marshall is a British musician and songwriter who is well-known as the banjoist and the lead guitarist of the Grammy Award-winning band, Mumford & Sons which consists of Marcus Mumford, Ben Lovett, and Ted Dwane as the other 3 members. He has released popular songs like Little Lion Man, Roll Away Your Stone, The Wolf, and Guiding Light with the band.
Winston Aubrey Aladar Marshall
Wandsworth, London, England, United Kingdom
London, England, United Kingdom
Winston attended St Paul’s School which is an independent school in London, England.
- Father – Paul Marshall (British investor and co-founder of the Marshall Wace hedge fund)
- Mother – Sabina De Balkany
- Siblings – Giovanna Marshall (Sister)
As a member of Mumford & Sons, he is represented by –
- Adam Tudhope of Everybody’s Management
- Chalk Press Agency Ltd
Folk rock, Indie rock, Alternative rock
Banjo, Bass Guitar, Electric Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Dobro, Techno music, Electronic Dance Music, and Vocals
- Gentlemen of the Road
- Island Records
- Glassnote Records
- Universal Music Group
- Dew Process
- Tragen Records
- Eagle Vision
6 ft or 183 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Winston Marshall has dated –
- Katy Perry (2015) – Winston and singer Katy Perry were rumored to be dating each other in 2015.
- Dianna Agron (2015-Present) – Winston and actress Dianna Agron got engaged in 2015, and the duo tied the knot on October 15, 2016, in Morocco.
Race / Ethnicity
Marshall is of English descent on his father’s side and has French ancestry on his mother’s side.
- Shoulder Length Hair
- French Breard
Best Known For
Being a banjoist and the lead guitarist of the popular British folk-rock band Mumford & Sons
Winston released his debut studio album titled Sigh No More in 2009 in association with his London-based rock band Mumford & Sons. Their album got Brit Award in the “Best British Album” category in 2011, 6 Grammy Award nominations, and a Mercury Prize nomination.
First TV Show
He made his first TV show appearance on Live from the Artists Den in 2013.
Winston Marshall Facts
- Before Mumford & Sons, he was a member of the band, Captain Kick and the Cowboy Ramblers.
- In 2015, Winston started to form his interest in techno music and electronic dance music after attending James Ford residency.
- In 2016, Marshall came in contact with Austrian DJ duo HVOB and they collaborated to recorded an album named Silk which got released on March 24, 2017, via Tragen Records.
- Marshall temporarily got engaged with a group called Salvador Dalí Parton in October 2013, with Gill Landry, Mike Harris, Jake Orrall, and Justin Hayward-Young. He parted his ways with the group the very next day. During the first day, the members of the group wrote 6 songs in 20 minutes and did 6 shows around Nashville, Tennessee.
- British GQ magazine stated Winston as the “6th Worst-Dressed Man of 2012” and mentioned that the banjoist of the Mumford & Sons should get in mind that he is from West London, not from West Virginia.
- His band Mumford & Sons usually focuses on the Vintage theme.
- Before committing to the Mumford & Sons, Marshall and his mates Marcus Mumford and Ted Dwane used to perform with the British folk singer and songwriter, Laura Marling.
- Winston ran a jam night at a tiny music club named Bosun’s Locker before joining the band.
- He along with HVOB released their first single, The Blame Game in February 2017.
- Winston Marshall is not active on social media.
Featured Image by Winston Marshall / Instagram