|YBN Nahmir Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6.5 in|
|Date of Birth||December 18, 1999|
YBN Nahmir is an American rapper and songwriter, best known for his single Rubbin Off the Paint that was released on September 18, 2017, on the WorldStarHipHop‘s YouTube channel. It debuted at the 79th spot of the “Billboard Hot 100″ list and later peaked to the 46th spot, after which it reached ‘Platinum’ status on January 4, 2019. YBN Nahmir was also a creator of the group YBN (Young Boss Ni*gas) in 2014, along with 6 other rappers at the time. After releasing 6 more tracks in 2017 that didn’t chart, on January 23, 2018, he released a song he became notable for, titled Bounce Out With That. It was uploaded to the Lyrical Lemonade YouTube channel and had 138 million views as of early March 2019, and also earning YBN Nahmir a ‘Platinum’ certification on December 14, 2018.
Following those achievements, he was signed by Atlantic Records in April 2018 and was named one of “2018 Freshman Class” by XXL hip hop magazine on June 12, 2018. He went on a tour of Europe in the fall of 2018 along with his group members, YBN Cordae, and YBN Almighty Jay, visiting France, Poland, Sweden, Germany, and other countries, thus achieving international recognition. The whole group released a self-titled mixtape under the name YBN: The Mixtape on September 7, 2018, which featured well-known rappers such as Machine Gun Kelly, Gucci Mane, Lil Skies, and others. YBN Nahmir achieved his 3rd ‘Platinum’ status on January 30, 2019, for the single 1942, released in collaboration with Yo Gotti and G-Eazy.
Nahmir, NICK $ANTANA, Nick Santana, FOEVERZ
Birmingham, Alabama, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
He attended traditional high school but had to withdraw due to the success of his career.
After completing required online courses, he graduated in May 2018 from the Clay-Chalkville High School in Clay, Alabama, United States.
- Siblings – He has older brothers.
YBN Nahmir is represented by ICM Partners in Los Angeles, California, United States.
Hip hop, Trap, Rap, SoundCloud Rap
Atlantic Recording Corporation
5 ft 6.5 in or 169 cm
61 kg or 134.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Alycia Sophia Tyre (2018-Present)
Race / Ethnicity
He is of African-American descent.
- Afro hair or dreads
- Slim physique
- Often wears expensive watches
- Often wears designer jeans and shoes
Best Known For
- His hit single Rubbin Off the Paint, released on WorldStarHipHop‘s YouTube channel on September 18, 2017
- Being a part of YBN collective of rappers and artists
- Releasing a song Bounce Out With That on YouTube in January 2018 that reached ‘Platinum’ status
- Releasing a YBN: The Mixtape in collaboration with well-known rappers such as Gucci Mane, Lil Skies, and Machine Gun Kelly
- Collaborating with Yo Gotti and G-Eazy in 1942, which also reached ‘Platinum’ in early 2019
As a Singer
After forming the collective YBN in 2014, he released his 1st song titled Hood Mentality in March 2015, in collaboration with his friend YBN Almighty Jay. The song went with barely any notice. After releasing multiple songs on Soundcloud without recognition, his hit song Rubbin Off The Paint went viral in September 2017. He got signed to Atlantic Records in April 2018, and took part in a project titled YBN: The Mixtape with well-known and established rappers later that year.
First TV Show
He appeared as himself in the form of a musical guest on the Jimmy Kimmel Live! in 2018.
YBN Nahmir Favorite Things
- Activity – Riding A Bike,
- Rappers – Bone Thugs N Harmony, Eazy-E, Tupac Shakur
- Music Influence – Rapper E-40
YBN Nahmir Facts
- His older brothers and cousins were involved in various acts of criminality, which influenced his childhood.
- YBN Nahmir’s interest in music started when he was a young teenager, at about 14 years of age. He received an Xbox 360 console as a Christmas gift, after which he began to play Rock Band game, where he recorded his 1st song.
- YBN Nahmir also started playing Grand Theft Auto V, a well-known multiplayer game, and later moved to San Andreas Multiplayer (SAMP), a modification of the original GTA III: San Andreas (2004) game. He used voice chat during the gaming sessions to freestyle, rap, and roleplay various gangsters in-game with his friends, talking of difficulties of growing up in the hood.
- He formed the hip hop ground YBN (Young Boss Ni*gas) in 2014, in his home town of Birmingham, Alabama. It consisted of him, YBN Cordae, YBN Manny, YBN Walker, YBN Cordae, YBN Seylonne, and YBN Almighty Jay.
- A good friend of his, under the nickname LLV, Valley, and YBN Valley, who Nahmir called a brother, died in his sleep from a heart attack on February 24, 2015.
- He wasn’t allowed to walk at the graduation of his class at Clay-Chalkville High School. Because he was a few points short of completing the course, the principal didn’t allow him to attend the ceremony and said he was going to mail the diploma a week too late.
- The Fader, a well known New York magazine, compared YBN Nahmir’s rapping style to that of rappers from the San Francisco Bay Area, who Nahmir listened due to the lack of mainstream rappers from his native Birmingham area.
- He said he doesn’t like mumble rapping and the style of Lil Uzi Vert and Playboi Carti, and that his style was inventive, new, and truthful.
- His music group YBN sells their merchandise through MusicToday II company, allowing their fans to proudly wear the logos or symbols of associated rappers.
- He released 2 mixtapes for digital download in 2017 – Believe in the Glo, which was his debut, on January 2, and #YBN as part of the group.
- Visit his official website @ y-b-n.com.
- Follow him on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and Spotify.
Featured Image by YBN Nahmir / Instagram