|Zaytoven Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||January 12, 1988|
Zaytoven is an American record producer, DJ, and pianist. He is best known for being one of the music producers and writer for American singer Usher’s superhit album Raymond v. Raymond track, Papers for which he won a Grammy in 2011. His albums include Trapholizay, Let the Trap Say Amen, A, GloToven and more. Zaytoven has amassed more than 2 million followers on Instagram.
Xavier Lamar Dotson
Zaytoven attended the Galileo Academy of Science and Technology. He later also enrolled at a local barber college in Atlanta.
Record Producer, Disc Jockey, Keyboardist
- Father – His father was in the army.
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – He has 3 younger siblings.
Zaytoven self manages his career.
Hip Hop, Trap, R&B
MPC, Keyboard, Piano
- Zaytown Records
- 1017 Records
- Familiar Territory Records
- Motown Records
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Zaytoven has dated –
- Stephanie (2008-Present) – Zaytoven got married to his wife Stephanie in 2008. The couple is proud parents to 2 children, a son, and a daughter.
Race / Ethnicity
- Broad Nose
- Extended Goatee Beard Style
Zaytoven has not done endorsement work for any brand yet.
Best Known For
Being one of the music producers and writer for American singer Usher‘s superhit album Raymond v. Raymond
As a Musician
He has released several albums such as Trapholizay, Let the Trap Say Amen, A, and GloToven and also mixtapes including Beast Mode, Beast Mode 2, and 6toven.
Some of the songs that he has produced include 3500, Make tha Trap Say Aye, Too Much Sauce, Papers, Used to This, Versace, Want Some More and many more.
Zaytoven made his feature film debut in Birds of a Feather as himself in 2012.
First Web Show
He made his first web show appearance on Open Late with Peter Rosenberg as himself in 2018.
Zaytoven keeps himself in shape by playing basketball in his spare time. He has been into the game ever since he was in school and gets back to it whenever he is not producing music.
Zaytoven Favorite Things
- Influences – E-40, 36 Mafia, Cameron, UGK, Twista, Master P
- Artists – Rocko, Gucci Mane, Future, Humble G, Yo Gotti, Sig HB, Gorilla Zoe, Soulja Boy, Usher, Young Thad, Lil Zay, Kash Doll, Amos, Zaytown Sorority
Source – Facebook
- As a child, Zaytoven spent a huge amount of time in church where his father was a Preacher.
- It was in church that he learned to play several instruments but he mostly inclined towards playing the piano and organ.
- While in middle school, he was first introduced to rap music by one of his friends.
- The first rap track he heard was Dr. Dre’s Dre Day and since then there was no looking back for him even though his father did not approve of it because of the words used in rap music.
- In high school, he started learning to produce music and started playing keyboard during halftime at his high school football games whenever he got time between school and basketball.
- He was spotted by local rapper JT the Bigga Figga while he was playing keyboards at one of the games who invited him to his studio.
- Zaytoven started producing beats in JT’s studio even before he rose to fame.
- While still in high school, he collaborated with artists such as Messy Marv and E-40.
- His family moved to Atlanta while he was in the senior year but he decided to stay back in San Francisco to finish his studies while also producing music for local rappers.
- He shipped equipment to his parents’ new home and created his own studio in their basement.
- Zaytoven also took admission in a local barber school and began cutting hair in order to earn some money.
- He was introduced to one of his favorite artists Gucci Mane by one of his classmates at the barber school.
- His first serious recognition as a music producer was when he won the Grammy Award in 2011 for his work contribution to Usher’s album Raymond v. Raymond.
- In 2015, he exclusively produced 10 mixtapes.
- He has also been a helping hand for the careers of rap artists such as OJ Da Juiceman, Yung LA, Yung Ralph, The Shop Boyz, Lil Scrappy, Jagged Edge, and Gorilla Zoe.
- Visit his official website @ zaytovenbeatz.com.
- Follow Zaytoven on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and SoundCloud.
Featured Image by Zaytoven / Twitter