Rajiv Hari Om Bhatia
Akki, King Kumar, Khiladi, Mac, The King of Bollywood, Raju
Akshay was born on 9 September, 1967
Amritsar, Punjab, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Akshay attended Don Bosco School in Mumbai, Maharashtra and then Guru Nanak Khalsa College in Mumbai.
- Father – Hari Om Bhatia (Worked in Indian Military Force)
- Mother – Aruna Bhatia (Producer)
- Siblings – Alka Bhatia (Sister)
- Others – Rajesh Khanna (Father-in-law) (Actor) (Died on 18 July, 2012), Dimple Kapadia (Mother-in-law) (Actress), Rinke Khanna (Sister-in-law) (Actress)
5 ft 11 in or 180 cm
75 kg or 165 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Akshay Kumar dated –
- Shilpa Shetty (1995-2000) – From 1995 to 2000, Akshay dated actress Shilpa Shetty. He is nearly 8 years her senior.
- Twinkle Khanna (2001-Present) – In 2001, Akshay started dating actress Twinkle Khanna and on January 17, 2001, the couple got married. However, they were engaged twice before their marriage. The couple have two children together – son Aarav (born – September 2002), and daughter Nitara, on (25 September, 2012).
Race / Ethnicity
Akshay Kumar’s body specifications may be –
- Chest – 44 in or 112 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 15 in or 38 cm
- Waist – 32 in or 81 cm
12 (via Times of India)
Sparx Shoes, Dollar Club Big Boss Innerwear, Honda Dream Yuga, Sugar Free, Eveready batteries, Micromax Mobile, Signature Premier, Lloyd LED TV, Grasim Suitings, Manappuram Gold Loan, Sonic, Sure Men Deo, Pearls Group, Red Label, Canadian Tourism, LG Electronics
Best Known For
His appearance in action films like Khiladi (1992), Main Khiladi Tu Anari (1994), Khiladiyon Ka Khiladi (1996), Khiladi 420 (2000), Khiladi 786 (2012).
In 1991, Kumar appeared in the film Saugandh for his role as Shiva. Akshay received “Filmfare Award for Best Male Debut” for his contribution to the film.
Saugandh is the first film, which released. But, Akshay signed his first film Deedar (1992).
First TV Show
He debuted on television in 2008 with the hosting of reality TV series Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi (season 1).
Akshay has also hosted the season 2 and season 4 of this show.
He stays fit by incorporating in his fitness regime kickboxing, swimming, basketball, Parkour and other workouts.
Akshay Kumar Favorite Things
- Cuisine – Thai, homemade Punjabi food
- Movies – Bandish (1980), Kudrat (1981), Aanchal (1980), Ashanti (1982), Souten (1983), Awaaz (1984), Dharm Aur Qanoon (1984), Maqsad (1984), Life is Beautiful (1997)
- Fruit – Mango
Akshay Kumar Facts
- It is believed that Akshay Kumar has the biggest shoe size (size 12) in the Indian film industry.
- He was previously a martial arts teacher. He owns a black belt in Taekwondo.
- He started modeling on the suggestion of one of his students. And, soon after modeling, he received films.
- He knows Muay Thai and has worked as a chef (as well as waiter) in the past in Bangkok, Thailand.
- He played a lead role in 1992 film Deedar. Actually, Akshay missed the flight to Bangalore (he had to go there for an ad-shoot; he was a model at that time). So, as a result, upset Akshay went to producer Pramod Chakravarthy with his portfolio and to his surprise, he got the role.
- Rajesh Khanna is Akki’s idol.
- He likes rock climbing, swimming and listening to music.
- Born in Amritsar (Punjab), Akshay grew up in Delhi and then relocated to Koliwada (Mumbai). Koliwada is also dominated by Punjabis.
- He has worked in a restaurant named “Metro Guest House” in Bangkok previously.
- Connect with Akshay on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Google+.