Daniel Jacob Radcliffe
Dan, Jacob Gershon
Fulham, London, England
Daniel Radcliffe was educated at two independent schools for boys – at Sussex House School, a day school in Cadogan Square in Chelsea in London, followed by the City of London School, a day school on the North Bank of the River Thames in London’s financial district, known as the City of London.
- Father – Alan George Radcliffe (Literary Agent)
- Mother – Marcia Jeannine Gresham (née Marcia Gresham Jacobson) (Casting Agent)
- Siblings – None
5 ft 5¼ in or 166 cm
53 kg or 117 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Daniel Radcliffe dated –
- Laura O’Toole (2007-2008) – Daniel met Laura in 2007 when he was acting in the play “Equus”. At that time, Laura was a understudy and the two started dating soon.
- Emma Watson (2008-2009) – Daniel and Watson were rumored to be dating. These Harry Potter co-stars were seen together in 2008 and 2009. They were thought to be dating each other but there was no confirmation from either side.
- Olive Uniacke (August 2010) – During August 2010, Daniel’s relationship with Olive floated after the 2 met in a birthday party. Olive is the stepdaughter of one of the producers of Harry Potter series. They were friends from long time and now they took their relationship to the next level. It was just a rumour.
- Rosanne Coker (2010 – October 2012) – Rosanne, who served as a Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince production assistant, first met Daniel, in 2007. She has also worked in other films and is a painter and decorator’s daughter. They started dating in 2010. But, now they have separated.
- Erin Maya Darke (2012-Present) – Erin, who works in the casting department in movies and is also an actress, started dating Radcliffe in late 2012. They first met during the filming of Kill Your Darlings. There were rumors of their engagement in mid 2014, but Ian Darke, Erin Darke’s dad denied of any such rumors.
Race / Ethnicity
- Short stature
- Blue Eyes
He does not have buffed up chest or other body parts as you can see from this image.
In February 2012, Daniel appeared in a commercial for Trevor Project.
Best Known For
Portraying title character in the Harry Potter series. He did total 8 films in this series starting from 2001 with Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone (released as Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone in USA) till 2011 with Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2.
2001 American-Irish comedy drama thriller film, The Tailor of Panama was his debut film for his role as Mark Pendel.
After that, he did 8 films as Harry Potter and soon rose to prominence.
First TV Show
Daniel appeared in a TV film. In 1999, David Copperfield, a film adaptation of Charles Dickens’ novel, was released in which Daniel did the role as Young David Copperfield. This movie was shown in 2 parts on 25 and 26 December, 1999 on BBC.
Daniel Radcliffe has not hired any trainer. He himself does his exercises and want to get a body like Cristiano Ronaldo, the portuguese soccer player. So, he regularly visits gym, does circuit training, many crunches and sit-ups.
He also focusses on his diet. He eats GI (Glycemic Index) diet and avoids junk food like pizza, chocolates, which includes his favorite food as well. But, he knows that he has to look lean and fit. As he is not very tall, so a little bit of fat would reflect more from his body. For, this purpose, he has also left drinking beer, to avoid the intake of as much calories as possible.
Daniel Radcliffe Favorite Things
- Favorite Food – Fish, Sushi, Pizza, Chocolate, Diet Coke
- Favorite TV Programs – The Simpsons (1989-), Family Guy (1999-), Dad’s Army (1968-1977)
- Favorite Books – 1984 (By George Orwell), Three Man in a Boat (By Jerome K. Jerome), Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (By J.K Rowling)
- Favorite Color – Yellow, Blue
- Favorite Bands – Jane’s Addiction, The Rage Against The Machine, Brendan Benson, Zwan, Muse, Blur, The Red Hot Chili Peppers, Stratovarius, The Beatles, Huey Lewis, The News, Tom Robinson, Sex Pistols, The Zutons, Razorlight, The Libertines, Kaiser Chiefs, Hopes Of The States, Bloc Party, The Futureheads, The Killers, The Strokes, The Clash, The Pixies
- Favorite Movies – Mystic River (2003), Goodbye Lenin! (2003), The Edukators (2004), 12 Angry Men (1957)
- Favorite Author – Iain Banks
Daniel Radcliffe Facts
- Daniel has 2 pets, both are Border Terriers – Nugget and Binka.
- Daniel’s parents originally turned down the offer for Harry Potter films, as they were told that Daniel would require to shoot 6 films in Los Angeles.
- He was once called gay because he has a gay face and / or voice.
- 12 Angry Men (1957) is his favorite film and also the first Black and White film, he ever watched.
- In 2008, Daniel suffered from mild form of neurological disorder dyspraxia (Problem with movement and coordination).
- He is afraid of clowns.
- In 2007, he was at no. 6 in “The 20 Top Earning Young Superstars” list by Forbes, with his estimated earnings being $15 million.
- There was a little delay in between the 2nd and 3rd part of Harry Potter films. This is because Radcliffe’s parents wanted him to go to school normally for a while.
- He never reads any reviews about his movie or himself.
- He is the only child of his parents.
- His portrait was displayed in London’s prestigious National Portrait Gallery and thus became the first youngest non-royal to have his portrait displayed there. He was 14 at that time and it was made by the artist Stuart Pearson Wright.
- Connect with Daniel on Google+.