Milwaukee, Wisconsin, U.S.
Tank graduated from Crossland High School in Temple Hills, Maryland.
Singer, musician, dancer, actor, model, music producer
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Unknown
Tank is signed to Primary Wave Music.
His career is managed by Steven Greener of Primary Wave Music.
R&B, dance, pop, soul, hip hop
Vocals, drums, keyboard, piano, sampler
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
79 kg or 174 pounds
Tank dated –
- Zena Foster (2005-Present) – Since September 2005, model Zena Foster and musician Tank are an item. Tank have 5 children now – Jordan (born – 2001), Ryen, Zoey Mykhale (born – December 26, 2007), Durrell Babbs, Jr., and Zion (born – January 2015).
Race / Ethnicity
Tank’s plausible body specifications are –
- Chest – 46 in or 117 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 16.5 in or 42 cm
- Waist – 35 in or 89 cm
His shoe size is not known.
He has not endorsed any of the brands.
His religious beliefs aren’t known.
Best Known For
His singles “Maybe I Deserve”, “Please Don’t Go”, “Emergency”, “Next Breath”, “You’re My Star” and others.
On March 13, 2001, Tank released his debut album Force of Nature on Blackground Records. It charted at #1 in US R&B charts and at #7 at US Billboard 200. It was certified as “Gold” in America.
As an actor, his debut film appearance was in the Christian-drama-film Preacher’s Kid for his role as Devlin Mitchell (as Durrell ‘Tank’ Babbs) in 2010.
First TV Show
As an actor, Tank guest appeared in the drama television series The Protector in 2 episodes titled “Affairs” and “Spoon” in 2011.
He has a bodybuilder like build. The singer stays active throughout the day and clearly spends his time in the gym. He eats healthy and thus maintains his muscular body.
Whenever he is on the road, he does not get much time to workout, and sometimes does not even has access to any nearby gym. So, he does lots of running, push-ups, sit-ups, etc. Also, he drinks ample amount of water and tries to eat mostly good food. But, he eats junk food too, but in moderation.
Tank Favorite Things
- Cake – Yellow lemon cake
Source – Essence
- He got musical influence due to Alphonso Jiles and his cousin.
- When he was a child, he relocated from Wisconsin (birthplace) to Washington, D.C.
- During college time, he was offered to play football and represent his college at different levels. But, he didn’t go for it.
- Before the start of his career, he got to work with Ginuwine and sang background vocals for Ginuwine during one of his tours.
- He acquired the nickname / stage name “Tank” due to his physical strength.
- In 2006, Tank co-starred in the video “It Ain’t Easy” with rapper Mack 10.
- He was also nicknamed “Snacks” due to his snacking habits on the road. He would buy bag of chips, oreos, Twix, orange cupcakes, iced honey buns, all together, while traveling.
- Visit his official website @ www.therealtank.com.
- Hear more from Tank on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Google+, Spotify.