|Amiyah Scott Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||January 11, 1988|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Amiyah Scott is an American transgender actress, model, author, social media personality, dancer, motivational speaker, and activist who rose to fame after videos of her performing as part of ballrooms were uploaded to YouTube. This led to her becoming popular on Instagram and she then became the first transgender woman to be cast in the Real Housewives franchise as it was announced in 2015 that Scott had been added to the cast of The Real Housewives of Atlanta for its 8th season.
Manhattan, New York, United States
Actress, Model, Author, Dancer, Social Media Personality, Motivational Speaker, Activist
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Amiyah Scott has dated –
- Amber Rose (2007) – She had a fling with the model, television personality, and actress Amber Rose in 2007.
Race / Ethnicity
Dark Brown (Natural)
- Hourglass figure
- Fuller lips
Through social media, Amiyah Scott has either endorsed or promoted brands such as Juicy Couture, BOSS LADY COUTURE BOUTIQUE LLC, Women’s Clothing Boutique, NEAUXLA JEMS LLC, Bella Shades, Irregular Exposure, and others.
Amiyah Scott Facts
- She spent her childhood years growing up in New Orleans, Louisiana.
- Amiyah was bullied during her adolescence.
- She underwent a partial male-to-female transition when she was 15 years old and fully transitioned at the age of 17.
- Amiyah Scott then tried her hand exploring entrepreneurship opportunities after moving out of her parents’ house.
- She has used her voice to throw light on issues like bullying, self-esteem, and self-acceptance.
- From 2016 to 2019, she played the role of Cotton Brown, Carlotta’s transgender daughter who works at her mother’s salon, in the musical drama television series, Star. Amiyah Scott’s co-stars included Jude Demorest, Brittany O’Grady, Ryan Destiny, Quincy Brown, Benjamin Bratt, Queen Latifah, Brandy Norwood, William Levy, and Matthew Noszka.
- She left The Real Housewives of Atlanta stating that she was offended by the way the producers wanted her to behave, which she believed would have been exploitation of her trans identity. On the other hand, the producers stated that she was no more a part of the show because her transgender identity was “not enough to make [her] interesting.”
- Amiyah Scott has been a distinguished member of the ball community.
- Her first book, a memoir named Memoirs of a Mermaid, was published on March 31, 2019.
- With RivalWorld, she has a beauty line called Amiyah Beauty and the first product has been a lip-gloss.
Featured Image by Amiyah Scott / Instagram