Apink is a South Korean girl group that made its debut on April 19, 2011, by releasing the extended play titled Seven Springs of Apink. During the time of its debut, it included 7 members but Hong Yoo-kyung left the group in 2013. Apink has released a variety of music which includes many albums and EPs like Pink Doll, Miracle, Pink Season, Pink Memory, Seven Springs of Apink, Secret Garden, and Pink Blossom.
Seoul, South Korea
K-Pop, Bubblegum Pop, Synthpop
Play M Entertainment, UMG (EMI), Cube Entertainment Inc.
First Headlining Tour
In 2015, Apink‘s first headlining tour, Pink Paradise, was held in Olympic Hall, Olympic Park in Bangi-dong, Seoul on January 30 and 31.
- Over the years, Apink has released a large number of songs, EPs, and albums which include the likes of Let Us Just Love, Cause You’re My Star, Seven Springs of Apink, Secret Garden, Pink Blossom, Pink Luv, Pink Up, Miracle, Dear, Pink Memory, and Only One.
- Apink released its first studio album, Une Année, on May 9, 2012, and it consisted of songs such as April 19th, Hush, Cat, I Got You, and Sky High.
- For the singing talents shared by the group members, Apink has won a large number of awards and nominations which include Gaon Chart Music Award, Genie Music Award, Asia Artist Award, Golden Disc Award, BreakTudo Award, Korean Entertainment Art Award, Melon Music Award, Mnet Asian Music Award, Seoul Music Award, Soribada Best K-Music Award, Korean Culture Entertainment Award, 2017 Fandom School Award, and others.
- Before Apink made its debut, the documentary titled “Apink News” aired on Trend E.
- Several artists like Yong Jun-hyung, Shinsadong Tiger, Super Changddai, and Kim Geonwoo also contributed to the album titled Une Année and it was ranked at number #4 in the Gaon album chart.
- The girl group released its 2nd full-length studio album, Pink Memory, on July 16, 2015, and it included tracks like Attracted to U, Remember, What a Boy Wants, Perfume, A Wonderful Love, I Do, and others. The album was placed at number #2 in the Gaon album chart and also won the Golden Disc Award in the “Disk Bonsang” category while it was nominated for the same award in categories like “Popularity Award (Korea)” and “Global Popularity Award” as well.
- Initially, the girl group comprised of 7 members, namely, Park Cho-rong, Yoon Bo-mi, Jung Eun-ji, Son Na-eun, Hong Yoo-kyung, Kim Nam-joo and Oh Ha-young. However, Hong Yoo-kyung bid adieu to the group in the year 2013 because she wanted to focus on her studies.
- Apink members have all appeared in a couple of shows like Birth of a Family and MBC Every 1’s Showtime.
- The group also gained immense popularity with the release of its 5th mini-album, Pink Luv, which comprised of tracks like Wanna Be and Good Morning Baby, amongst others. It was ranked at number #1 in the Gaon Weekly album chart, at number #4 in the Gaon Monthly album chart, and at number #36 in the Gaon Yearly album chart and was nominated for a Melon Music Award in the “Album of the Year” category in 2015.
- Apink has also earned a huge fan base on social media with more than 2.5 million followers on Facebook, more than a million followers on Twitter, and more than 1.5 million followers on Instagram.
Featured Image by redpanda0419 / Tistory.com / CC BY 4.0