|Asante Blackk Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||October 20, 2001|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Asante Blackk is an American actor who has gained acclaim with his performance as Kevin Richardson in the Netflix crime drama miniseries When They See Us. For this role, he received a Primetime Emmy Award nomination in the “Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Limited Series” category, becoming one of the youngest nominees in its history. Asante has also appeared in shows like Live in Front of a Studio Audience, Social Distance, and This Is Us.
Asante Duah Ma’at
Maryland, United States
Asante Blackk studied at Judith P. Hoyer Montessori School, where he started acting.
- Father – Ayize Ma’at (b. Myrell A. Morton) (Clinical Social Worker, Couples Therapist)
- Mother – Aiyana Ma’at (Clinical Social Worker, Couples Therapist)
- Others – Dennis W. Wiley (Maternal Grandfather) (Co-pastor of the Covenant Baptist United Church of Christ), Christine Wiley (Maternal Grandmother) (Co-pastor of the Covenant Baptist United Church of Christ), Samira Wiley (Maternal Aunt) (Actress, Voiceover Artist), Joshua Wiley (Maternal Uncle), Rashar Morton (Uncle) (Graphic Design Artist)
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Asante Blackk is of African-American descent.
Asante Blackk Facts
- He began acting at the age of 6.
- For his first role, he played Mowgli in a production of The Jungle Book.
- Asante Blackk’s first professional acting role was in How I Learned to Be a Kid at the Howard Theatre in Washington.
- His When They See Us co-stars include Caleel Harris, Jharrel Jerome, Kylie Bunbury, Aunjanue Ellis, Vera Farmiga, Felicity Huffman, John Leguizamo, Niecy Nash, Michael K. William, and others. His performance in the show also got him nominated for a Critics’ Choice Television Award for “Best Supporting Actor in a Movie/Miniseries”.
- Asante Blackk made his first TV show appearance by playing the recurring role of Malik Hodges, Deja’s classmate and later boyfriend who has an infant daughter from a prior romantic relationship, in the NBC romantic family drama series, This Is Us, in 2019.
- For his role in This Is Us, Asante was nominated for a Critics’ Choice Television Award for “Best Supporting Actor in a Drama Series” as well as a Black Reel Television Award for “Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series” in 2020.
- He appeared in an episode titled Pomp and Circumstance of the Netflix anthology series, Social Distance, in 2020.
Featured Image by Asante Blackk / Instagram