Queen of Kollywood, Mononymously, Kalaimamani Asin
Cochin, Kerala, India
Lokhandwala Complex, Andheri (West), Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Actress Asin attended Naval Public School from L.K.G. through 10th standard. She then attended St. Teresa’s School, Kochi for her Plus One and Plus Two education. After that she attended St. Teresa’s College for Women, Kochi, a college affiliated with MG University, where she earned a Bachelors of Arts degree in English Literature.
Model and actress
5 ft 4 in or 163 cm
53 kg or 117 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Asin Thottumkal married Rahul Sharma, the co-founder of Micromax, in January 2016. The couple has a daughter Arin who was born on October 24, 2017.
Race / Ethnicity
34-24-35 in or 86-61-89 cm
Fairever Fairness Cream, Lux Soap, Clinic All Clear Shampoo, Parachute Hair Oil, Colgate Maxfresh Toothpaste, Mirinda (soft drink), BIG 92.7 FM Radio station, Tanishq, Goldplus Jewellery, Tata Sky
Best Known For
Her Talent, personality and of course her good looks
2001 film Narendran Makan Jayakanthan Vaka for her role as Swathi. It was a Malayalam language film. Then, her next film was a Telugu film in 2003. After that, she did many Tamil and Telugu films till 2008. Ghajini in 2008 was her first Hindi language film, which was a blockbuster hit. Ghajini was a remake of the 2005 Tamil film of the same name.
Asin doesn’t have a personal trainer. But for her role in 2009 Hindi film “London Dreams”, her director Vipul Shah hired a personal trainer for her. Vipul wanted that she should shed some weight as she was playing the role of a singer in a band.
Asin Favorite Things
- Favorite Food – Appam (a term equivalent to bread), Prawns with Kerala Rice
- Favorite Color – Black and Red
- Favorite Fruits – Apple, Banana, Jackfruit, and Mango
- Favorite Drink – Coconut Water
- Favorite Cuisine – India, Chinese, Thai, and Italian
- Favorite Restaurant – None (She says she doesn’t eat out)
- Favorite Outfit – Jeggings and T-Shirt
- Favorite Perfume – Very Irresistible from Givenchy
- If Asin weren’t an actress, she would have been in civil services.
- Asin Thottumkal’s first assignment was a BPL mobile TV commercial.
- Asin was once proposed by Subhaan (9 years old son of Sajid Nadiadwala).
- Most of the people like to speak just her first name, that is Asin, as they find it hard to speak her last name, especially people in North India.
- Asin word is formed by 2 combinations – “A” is from Sanskrit meaning “without” and “sin” is from English.
- She can speak 7 languages, which are Malayalam (Mother Tongue), Tamil, Telugu, English, Hindi, French, and Sanskrit.
- Asin told her name means “pure and without blemish”.
- Asin doesn’t like to drink coffee or tea. She mainly feeds herself water and milk.
- She is fond of reading books and has a huge collection of it.
- She says a small prayer every time, an ambulance passes by.
- She is a trained Bharatanatyam dancer.
- Asin quit acting after she married Rahul Sharma.