Austin Don Nichols
Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Austin Nichols studied in Casis Elementary School near Lake Austin. He completed his high school education at McCallum High School, Austin.
Austin then joined the University of Southern California, after he moved to Los Angeles to pursue a career in acting. He graduated with a degree in BA English in 2002.
- Father – David Nichols (Radiologist)
- Mother – Kay Vermeulen Nichols (Professional Trick Water Skier)
- Siblings – Ashley Nichols (Older Sister)
- Others – Rowdy Stovall (Brother-in-law) (Director), John William Nichols (Paternal Grandfather), Ann Deaton (Paternal Grandmother), Franklin Cornelius Vermeulen (Maternal Grandfather), Helen Pauline Hagy (Maternal Grandmother)
Austin Nichols is managed by Beverly Hills-based United Talent Agency.
6 ft 3 in or 190.5 cm
86 kg or 189.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Austin Nichols has dated –
- Claire Oswalt (1997-2004) – Austin started dating Austin-based artist Claire Oswalt in 1997. They were also engaged for a short while. However, things did not work out between them and they decided to break off their engagement in 2004.
- Sophia Bush (2006-2012) – Austin was in an on and off relationship with Sophia for 6 years. Sophia is an American actress, director, spokesperson, and activist from California. Sophia and Austin were co-stars in the television show One Tree Hill. The couple broke up in February 2012.
- Amber Heard (2008) – Austin was rumored to be dating actress and model Amber Heard in 2008.
- Chloe Bennet (2013-2017) – Austin began dating American actress and singer Chloe in 2013. They had flaunted their affection on social media but they drifted apart. After dating for 4 years, they split up in July 2017.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Dutch, English, Swiss-German, Irish, Scottish, German, and distant Welsh descent.
Best Known For
- His role as Julian Baker in the television drama series One Tree Hill created by Mark Schwahn.
- For appearing in the films The Day After Tomorrow and Wimbledon.
- His 2003 independent film The Utopian Society directed by John P. Aguirre. He was appreciated for his role as a stereotypical “frat boy”.
In 1999, he made his theatrical film debut as Sammy in the fantasy movie Durango Kids.
First TV Show
In 1999, Austin made his television show debut as Seth in The Great Work episode of the TV series Sliders.
Austin Nichols Favorite Things
- Singer – Bob Dylan
- Childhood Memory – When he learned to kiss
- TV Serials – Arrested Development, Six Feet Under, The Office, and John From Cincinnati
Source – IMDb, MyFanBase.de
Austin Nichols Facts
- He started taking part in water skiing competitions from the age of 2. Austin was ranked number 3 in the world by the age of 13. Unfortunately, he was forced to give up the sport due to a severe shoulder injury.
- He represented the U.S. in many junior level water skiing competitions including Pan-American Championship and Junior Olympics.
- He decided to become an actor when he was 15 years old.
- Austin managed to acquire a manager and began his acting career after he gate-crashed a party at the Sundance Film Festival.
- He got his big break in 2002 when he starred as Brenda Chenowith’s lover in 2 episodes of Six Feet Under.
- For his role as Jake Hammond in the film Wimbledon, he had to learn the art of tennis and was trained by Pat Cash, a retired Australian professional tennis player.
- He maintains a log of every movie he sees. He usually watches an average of 20 movies a week.
- Austin was arrested in August 2007 for DUI because of a .10 blood alcohol level.
Featured Image by yves Tennevin / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0