|Bessie Carter Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||October 25, 1993|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
Bessie Carter is an English actress and theatre artist who is known for her roles like Violet Woodhouse in Beecham House, Evie Wilcox in Howards End, Prudence Featherington in Bridgerton, and Margaret Gidman in Cranford.
Bessie Beatrice Carter
Westminster, London, England, United Kingdom
Bessie Carter studied at Francis Holland School before moving to Camden School for Girls, a state school where she completed her A-Levels.
She later got enrolled at the Guildhall School of Music and Drama, graduating in 2016 and winning the Spotlight Prize for “Best Screen Actor” that same year.
Actress, Theatre Artist
- Father – Jim Carter (Film and Television Actor, Voiceover Artist)
- Mother – Imelda Staunton (Actress, Singer, Voiceover Artist)
- Sibling – She is an only child.
- Others – Joseph Staunton (Maternal Grandfather) (Road-worker, Labourer), Bridie (née McNicholas) (Maternal Grandmother) (Hairdresser)
Bessie Carter has been represented by ARG, Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Bessie Carter is of Irish descent on her mother’s side and has English ancestry on her father’s side.
- Tall height
- Curly hair
Bessie Carter Facts
- She made her first theatrical film appearance in the 2012 epic period musical film, Les Misérables, starring Hugh Jackman, Russell Crowe, Anne Hathaway, Amanda Seyfried, Eddie Redmayne, Helena Bonham Carter, and Sacha Baron Cohen.
- On August 8, 2017, Bessie Carter passed her UK driving test at age 23.
- Her stage credits include playing Marion in The Secret Rapture by David Hare at Guildhall School of Music and Drama in 2015 and Lydia Lubey in All My Sons by Arthur Miller at The Old Vic in 2019.
- Bessie Carter appeared as Prudence Featherington, the eldest Featherington daughter, in the American streaming television period drama series, Bridgerton, in 2020.
Featured Image by Bessie Carter / Instagram