|Betty Grable Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||December 18, 1916|
Betty Grable was an American actress, pin-up girl, dancer, model, and singer who is known for being one of the most successful actresses of her time who also appeared in a variety of roles in projects such as How to Be Very, Very Popular, Three for the Show, Meet Me After the Show, The Farmer Takes a Wife, How to Marry a Millionaire, and The Beautiful Blonde from Bashful Bend.
Elizabeth Ruth Grable
Betty, Frances Dean
She was born on December 18, 1916.
She passed away at the age of 56 on July 2, 1973, in Los Angeles, California, United States due to lung cancer.
Inglewood Park Cemetery, Inglewood, California, United States
St. Louis, Missouri, United States
Betty Grable attended the Hollywood Professional High School as well as the Ernest Blecher Academy of Dance.
Actress, Pin-Up Girl, Dancer, Model, Singer
- Father – John Charles Grable (1883–1954) (A stockbroker)
- Mother – Lillian Rose (née Hofmann) (1889–1964)
- Siblings – Betty Grable had 2 older siblings.
- Others – William Baker Grable (Paternal Grandfather), Lavina Conn (Paternal Grandmother), Charles Ernest Hoffman (Maternal Grandfather), Sarah Elizabeth Goodenough (Maternal Grandmother)
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Betty Grable had dated –
- Peter Lawford
- Alexis Thompson
- Rory Calhoun
- Henry Willson
- George Stevens
- Oleg Cassini
- John F. Kennedy
- Buster Crabbe (1937)
- Jackie Coogan (1937-1939) – She married former child actor and comedian, Jackie Coogan, in the year 1937 but the couple ended things with a divorce in 1939.
- Artie Shaw (1939)
- Desi Arnaz (1940)
- Mickey Rooney (1940)
- Don ‘Red’ Barry (1940)
- Robert Stack (1940-1941)
- Tyrone Power (1941)
- Victor Mature (1941)
- George Raft (1942)
- Harry James (1943-1965) – Betty tied the knot with musician and trumpeter, Harry James, in 1943 and then gave birth to 2 daughters named Victoria Elizabeth James (born March 3, 1944) and Jessica James (born May 20, 1947-March 20, 2016). However, the couple parted ways in 1965 after around 22 years of being married to one another.
- Dick Haymes (1947) – It was rumored that she had a fling with Argentine actor and singer, Dick Haymes, in 1947.
- Bob Remick – Later, Betty Grable started dating dancer Bob Remick and the couple had an age difference of 27 years. Despite that, they remained together until the time of her death.
Race / Ethnicity
Betty Grable was of German, English, Irish, and Dutch descent.
- Curvy physique
- Pale skin
Betty Grable worked in a TV commercial for Kleenex in the early 1960s.
Betty Grable Facts
- She struggled with a fear of crowds and sleepwalking.
- Betty Grable was a Republican and conservative.
- Her funeral was attended by many Hollywood celebrities which included Dorothy Lamour, Shirley Booth, Mitzi Gaynor, Johnnie Ray, Don Ameche, Cesar Romero, George Raft, Alice Faye, and Dan Dailey.
- Time has listed her iconic pin-up image in its “100 Most Influential Photographs of All Time” list.
Featured Image by Studio Publicity / Walmart.com / Public Domain