Her educational background is not known.
- Father – Retired Garda Sergeant
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – She has 6 siblings (2 sisters and 4 brothers)
As a model, she is signed with these agencies –
- Assets Model Agency – Ireland
- Irene Marie Management Group
- IMG Models – New York
- Elite Model Management – Milan
- IMG Models – London
- IMG Models – Milan
As an actress, she signed with Industry Entertainment Productions LLC.
5 ft 9¾ in or 177 cm
59 kg or 130 pounds
Caitriona Balfe dated –
- Tony McGill (2012-2014) – From 2012 to 2014, she was romantically linked with businessman (a restaurateur) Tony McGill.
- Sam Heughan (2014-Present) – Caitriona is RUMORed to be dating Scottish actor and her Outlander co-star, Sam Heughan since November 2014. Though, she has said several times during interviews that she is not dating him, but it seems apparent as per many of their fans.
Race / Ethnicity
34-24-34 in or 86-61-86 cm
4 (US) or 34 (EU)
9.5 (US) or 41 (EU) or 7 (UK)
As a model, she has advertised for brands such as Bally, BCBG Girls, Blumarine, Bottega Veneta, Calvin Klein, Costume National, Dolce & Gabbana, Dries van Noten, H&M, Hush Puppies, Influence, John Smedley, Max & Co., Moschino, Oscar de la Renta Bridal, Roberto Cavalli, Soco, Sportmax, Victoria’s Secret, and Whirlpool.
She has not revealed about her religious beliefs publicly.
Best Known For
Playing the main role as Claire Beauchamp Randall Fraser in the Starz drama series Outlander.
First Fashion Show
Balfe debuted with Ready to Wear – Autumn / Winter 2000 fashion show where she walked the ramp for Kenzo.
In 2006, she appeared in the comedy-drama film The Devil Wears Prada for her role as Clacker. But, she wasn’t given any credit for the role in the film credits.
Her first credited role came in the next film, a documentary entitled Picture Me released in 2009 where she appeared as herself. She was also the producer of the film.
First TV Show
In 2010, Caitriona was the runway mentor at the Irish reality documentary series The Model Scouts in the episode 2 of cycle 2.
Her workout routine and diet plan is not known.
Caitriona Balfe Favorite Things
- Food – Sushi
- Cuisines – Indian, Indonesian, Italian, Peruvian, etc.
- TV Show – Catastrophe
- City in US – New York, New Orleans
- Clothing Piece from Outlander – Nightgown from #1 episode from Outlander.
- Curse Word – Sh*t
- Museum – LACMA (Los Angeles County Museum of Art) or MOMA (Museum of Modern Art)
- Painter – Too many to choose
- Country to Travel – Nepal
- Book – The Year of Magical Thinking (By Joan Didion)
Source – Twitter Q/As, Outlander TV News
Caitriona Balfe Facts
- Balfe first started as a model. She was discovered at a local mall in Dublin where she was collecting money for a charity.
- Caitriona has appeared in the 2002 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show.
- Post her birth in Dublin, she was raised in Tydavnet village near Monaghan.
- During second world war, her grandmother was nurse.
- Balfe speaks English, Irish Gaelic and French.
- Due to her modeling career, she got to visit many famous places like New York, Paris, London, Milan, Hamburg, Tokyo and Los Angeles.
- Balfe was in People magazine’s list of “50 Most Beautiful People in the World” in 2015.
- Modeling was never a passion of her. Hence, she lost interest in it gradually and finally became frustrated.
- Horse riding is one of her favorite skills she has ever learned.
- Her favorite pastime between the Outlander shooting break was eating.
- Her first name “Caitriona” is pronounced as “Katrina.”
- Connect with Caitriona on Twitter and Instagram.