Sam Roland Heughan
Balmaclellan, Dumfries and Galloway, Scotland
Heughan first joined Kells Primary School.
At the age of 12, he shifted to James Gillespie’s High School where he stayed for only a year when he decided to make a transfer to Edinburgh Rudolph Steiner School.
Upon his high school graduation, Sam continued his education at the Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama from where he got a diploma in 2003.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Cirdan Heughan (Brother)
Sam is signed with United Agents Ltd.
6 ft 2½ in or 189 cm
89 kg or 196 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Sam Heughan dated –
- Amy Shiels (2013) – In 2013, a RUMOR linked Sam Heughan and the Actress Amy Shiels.
- Abbie Salt (2014) – Sam was RUMORed to be dating actress Abbie Salt in 2014.
- Cody Kennedy (2014) – In 2014, Heughan had fling with American actress Cody Kennedy.
- Caitriona Balfe (2014-Present) – RUMOR
Race / Ethnicity
- Long and wavy hairstyle
- Blonde hair color
- Short beard
Sam Heughan body specifications may be –
- Chest – 46 in or 117 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 16.5 in or 42 cm
- Waist – 34 in or 86 cm
Sam hasn’t signed an endorsement contract yet.
Anglican / Episcopalian
Best Known For
His role as Jamie Fraser in the TV series Outlander.
Sam first acted in the short movie Small Moments in 2001.
However, he played his first featured role in the film Young Alexander the Great (2010) as Alexander.
First TV Show
In 2004, Sam performed in the ITV series Island at War as Philip Dorr. He appeared in total of 5 episodes.
First Theatre Show
In 2002, Sam acted as John in the theatrical show Outlying Islands. The act took place in the Royal Court Theatre Upstairs in London.
Sam’s workout and diet programs are not known.
Sam Heughan Favorite Things
- Location to film in Scotland – Kinloch Rannoch (Village in Scotland), Loch Rannoch (Lake Rannoch), Mountain Schiehallion
Source – Travel and Leisure
Sam Heughan Facts
- When he was 5, Heughan’s family shifted to New Galloway.
- He moved to Edinburgh at the age of 12.
- Before Sam joined Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama, he spent two years of traveling and working.
- In 2016, Sam became Barbour’s Global Brand Ambassador.
- He loves science fiction movies such as Alien (1979) and TV series such as Star Trek: Deep Space Nine (1993-1999).
- In August 2014, Heughan became a philanthropist for YTAS (Youth Theatre Arts Scotland).
- In 2015, for his acts in the TV series Outlander, Sam received the Gold Derby TV Award for Drama Lead Actor. He was also selected for the Best Actor in a Drama Series during EWwy Awards and was nominated for Best Supporting Actor on Television by Saturn Awards.
- Follow Sam on his Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook. You can also visit his official YouTube.