|Callan McAuliffe Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||January 24, 1995|
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
Callan McAuliffe is an Australian actor who rose to fame after making his debut in the American movie Flipped where he portrayed the role of Bryce Loski and later appeared as Sam Goode in I Am Number Four. Callan started his career at a very young age and was introduced in the television series Comedy Inc. and Blue Water High. Callan then had a recurring role on Packed to the Rafters (2009) and also appeared in the short film Franswa Sharl in the same year, which has many awards to its credit. Callan had worked in the miniseries Cloudstreet in 2011, where he was seen in the role of young Quick Lamb and appeared as young Jay Gatsby (role played by Leonardo DiCaprio) in the 2013 film adaptation of The Great Gatsby, which earned him the Young Artist Award. He has a huge social media fan base with more than 100k followers on Instagram.
Callan Ryan Claude McAuliffe
Clontarf, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Los Angeles, California, United States
Callan studied in The Scots College, an all-boys school in Bellevue Hill, Sydney, Australia. While in his teenage, he studied drama at the Trinity College, London, winning varieties of Drama Scholarships.
He also studied with The Sydney Theatre Company via Mr. Alan Flower and Screenwise. Through a school in Canberra, he had completed his education, through a long-distance education program meant for the ‘vocationally talented’.
- Father – Roger McAuliffe (Author, Journalist)
- Mother – Claudia Keech
- Siblings – He is the only child.
- Others – Joseph Augustus Henriques(Great-great-great-grandfather) (first USA Consul to Australia), Louisa Leah Lopez (Great-great-great-grandmother), Claude Augustus Henriques (Great Grandfather), Jessie Rita Lloyd (Great Grandmother), Jacinta John (Cousin) (Actress)
Callan McAuliffe is represented by –
- Creative Artists Agency
- Alchemy Entertainment
- RGM Artist Group
- Patti Felker
- William Morris Endeavor Entertainment
- Affirmative Entertainment
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Callan McAuliffe has dated –
- Ariel Winter (2011) – McAuliffe reportedly dated Modern Family star Ariel Winter from November to December 2011.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Irish, with some Sephardi Jewish, English, and Northern Irish ancestry.
Best Known For
- His roles as Bryce Loski in Flipped and Sam Goode in I Am Number Four
- Winning the GQ magazine’s “Man of The Year” award for “Breakthrough of the Year” (2013-2014) for his contribution in the Performing Arts
He made his theatrical film debut as Bryce Loski in the comedy Flipped in 2010.
First TV Show
He made his TV show debut on Comedy Inc. in 2007.
He goes to the gym daily and admits to not being a party animal which has helped him to stay away from drugs and alcohol.
Callan McAuliffe Favorite Things
- Food – Chocolate, Pasta, Burritos
- Books – Life of Pi, Call of the Wild, Hatchet, Hunger Games, World War Z, The Hobbit, Lord of the Rings
- Interesting Thing – Using an alien gun in the movie I am Number Four
- Composer – Hans Zimmer
- Fictional Character – Thomas the Tank Engine
- Item – Stainless-steel trains
- Actor / Actress – Johnny Depp, Ellen Page, Jessica Alba
- Band – Two Steps from Hell, Audiomachine, Epic Score, Future World Music
- Movies – How to Train Your Dragon, Inception, The Party, Lord of The Rings, Red Hill, Face to Face, Public Enemies, Pirates of the Caribbean, Transformers
- Colors – Pink, Green, Black
- Scene Of A Movie – While shooting for a scene where he had to run with his co-star away from a fireball and had to jump off the floor in slow motion. He enjoyed running in slow motion a lot.
Source – KidzWorld.com
Callan McAuliffe Facts
- He was named after his great-grandfather Claude Augustus Henriques.
- As a child, McAuliffe was a track athlete. However, things took a drastic turn when he was injured, which shifted his focus from sports to arts.
- He always wanted to buy a dog, however, had no money, so he went to a local ad agency and auditioned for commercials to earn some money. This somehow led to his acting career.
- He is fond of photography.
- He is a singer and was the head singer in his school’s choir.
- Callan is fond of nature and loves to stay close to it through his association with various animal organizations. He has also said that if he weren’t an actor, he would have been a biologist.
- He was also appointed as the national ambassador for UNICEF Australia in November 2013.
- Callan has served as the youth ambassador to The Wolf Connection, a nonprofit organization which works with wolves and wolf-dogs to help the affected teenagers of the Greater Los Angeles area. While spending time with the wolf-dogs, he bonded with one named Elan.
- Callan is dubbed as the “new Liam Hemsworth” because of his massive fan following.
- Both his movies Flipped and I Am Number Four are based on novels of the same title. He played the lead role in both of them.
- Callan had auditioned for the film Flipped while he was on vacation in the United States.
- While promoting his movie Flipped, he was selected for I am Number Four.
- In 2011 and 2012, Callan was called “actor to watch” in the Australian film industry by magazines Inside Film and Encore.
- Callan is also a writer and has penned The Hill Ghost (2018), his first fictional novel.
- He was titled a ‘break out’ at The Toronto International Film Festival, because of his performance as a French-Canadian ‘Dominic’ in the coming-of-age film, Beneath The Harvest Sky in 2013.
- In 2011, Callan earned The Duke of Edinburgh Award for outdoor survival.
- Callan has learned Mandarin and knows to play 11 musical instruments.
- When not working on sets, he assists in the programs monitored by professional counselors.
- He is associated with The Unmentionable, a charity aimed at educating young kids.
- Callan had an American cocker spaniel, named Kirby, but because of his busy schedule and the kind of money they needed to take her to spa and daycare center, he and his mother decided to put her up for adoption.
- Follow him on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
Featured Image by Eva Rinaldi / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0