|Carrie Berk Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||December 17, 2002|
Carrie Berk is the creator of Carrie’s Chronicles, a “style empowerment” website and brand celebrating unapologetic individuality. When Carrie was younger, her peers criticized her style for being too ‘extra’ or ‘out there.’ For a while, she tried to conform to fit in, but as time passed, she realized that she should never let anyone dull her sparkle. Carrie found a way to channel the pain of bullying into something positive by creating Carrie’s Chronicles, which features fashion, beauty and health inspiration, tasty treats, exclusive celebrity interviews, and Instagrammable spots. She writes weekly articles (more than 350 to date), posts daily on her verified Instagram (@carrieberkk) and later launched her own YouTube Channel. No matter what form of media, her goal is simple: “to spark new ideas and creativity while helping you achieve your most fearless self.”
At just 16 years old, Carrie was also a bestselling children’s book author with 21 books to her credit. Her first book, Peace, Love & Cupcakes (written when she was in second grade!) went on to sell 400,000+ copies worldwide, spawned a 12-book series (The Cupcake Club), and was adapted into an award-winning Off-Broadway show and was featured in 2017’s New York Musical Festival. Carrie not only co-wrote the script for the play but starred in it as well, earning her critical praise and an NYMF award for Outstanding Individual Performance.
Carrie’s second series, Fashion Academy, stems from her passion for fashion. The six-book series also became an Off-Broadway production at Vital Theatre and got licensed worldwide by Tams-Witmark Publishing. Her another series, Ask Emma (Bonnier Publishing), springs not just from her boundless imagination, but also from her personal experience as a teen lifestyle blogger who has experienced cyberbullying firsthand. Ask Emma was launched in 2018 at Book Expo America and Book Con, and book #2 of the series hit the shelves in January 2019.
Carrie is also an influencer in her own right, showcasing her personal style with the city as her canvas, and working with top fashion, beauty and lifestyle brands. She has contributed to Seventeen Magazine’s print and digital channel, covered red carpet arrivals at the Teen Choice Awards for Girls’ Life’s Instagram Live, and New York Fashion Week for TigerBeat Now.
Carrie proudly serves as a teen ambassador for No Bully and has made it her mission to encourage tweens and teens to practice empathy and respect among their peers, both in everyday life and on social media. She has also scripted and appeared in a PSA video “Girls Against Bullying” starring several teen celebs/influencers as well as real girls. The video—aimed at abolishing mean girl behavior and “lifting girls up instead of tearing them down”—premiered in January 2019 as part of the #100KChooseKind global campaign.
New York, United States
New York, United States
Carrie has attended a school in New York.
Author, blogger, actress, activist
- Father – Peter Berk
- Mother – Sheryl Berk
- Siblings – None
She is represented by Brandsway Creative (Publicist).
Her books are targeted at middle school readers, ages 8-12, while Carrie’s Chronicles and her social media attracts people of all ages, genders, and races.
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
45 kg or 99 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Carrie has dated –
- Maximillian Marcham (2019-Present) – Model and actor Maximillian Marcham started dating Carrie in July 2019 after meeting her on the Boys of Summer Tour.
Race / Ethnicity
- Cupid bow lips
- Long eyelashes
7 (US) or 37.5 (EU) or 4.5 (UK)
Carrie has worked with top fashion, beauty and lifestyle brands including REVOLVE, Alice + Olivia, Madewell, MISA, ASOS, Steve Madden, Rebecca Minkoff, and Daniel Wellington.
Best Known For
- Her book series, The Cupcake Club, which sold 400k+ copies worldwide
- Writing 21 books before the age of 21 (the age of 16 actually!)
- Her verified Instagram on which she shares inspiring fashion posts daily
Carrie is a part of an elite dance company in New York City where she takes classes 14 hours each week in styles ranging from ballet to contemporary to hip-hop to musical theater. She also boxes, does cardio and takes SoulCycle during her spare time to increase strength.
She likes to eat as clean as possible, consuming three healthy meals during the day in addition to an evening snack. She fills her diet with mostly lean proteins (chicken, fish), whole grains, and fruits/vegetables in order to maintain her dancer’s physique. Some of her favorite foods to incorporate in her diet are smoked salmon, roasted chicken, scallops, halibut, berries, mangoes, and almond milk.
Carrie Berk Favorite Things
- Food – Sushi
- TV Shows – Gilmore Girls and One Tree Hill
- Movie – Clueless (1995)
- Color – Lavender
- Perfume – SJP’s Born Lovely
- Book – The Great Gatsby
- Animal – Dog
- Article of Clothing – Midi Skirt
- Celeb Crushes – Zac Efron and Cole Sprouse
- Song – “Bellyache” by Billie Eilish
Source – As told by Carrie herself
Carrie Berk Facts
- She serves as a teen ambassador for No Bully, a non-profit organization that teaches kids to practice empathy and respect towards one another.
- Her favorite movie Clueless served as an inspiration for her book series Ask Emma.
- Carrie has starred in Seventeen Magazine’s “Bestie Pick Bae” series on their YouTube channel, where eligible teenage boys competed for her affection.
- She attended Beautycon New York 2019 as a talent, walking the pink carpet with celebrities such as Cardi B and Becky G.
- She was a part of the Boys of Summer Tour 2019 in Los Angeles and San Francisco, touring with the top influencers.
- She cites Anna Wintour as one of her biggest role models in the fashion industry.
- She covers New York Fashion Week every year, attending numerous runway shows and events and writing about them on her website.
- She describes her personal style as sassy, feminine, and fearless.
- Her personal motto is “Your Style Your Superpower,” which stems from her previous experiences of being bullied for her fashion sense.
- In 2022, she had participated in Paramount+’s Next Influencer‘s season 3.