|Colton Underwood Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||January 26, 1992|
Colton Underwood is a former American football player, television personality, and philanthropist who was cast in ABC network’s The Bachelorette Season 14, Bachelor in Paradise Season 5, and The Bachelor Season 23. As a football player, he has played for the San Diego Chargers, Philadelphia Eagles, and Oakland Raiders. He has a huge social media fan base with more than 2 million followers on Instagram and more than 500k followers on Twitter.
Colton Scott Underwood
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
- Los Angeles, California, United States
- Highlands Ranch, Colorado, United States
Colton’s elementary education was at a Christian school. He belongs to the class of 2010 of Washington Community High School. He later enrolled for a Bachelor’s degree in Business Management at Illinois State University. Following his father’s footsteps, Colton played college football for the varsity team called the Illinois State Redbirds and graduated in 2014. His parents are also former star athletes and alumni of ISU which was where they first met each other.
In 2018, the bachelor contestant participated in an educational program with the NFL Players Association that allowed him to shadow senior broadcasting professionals for a potential career as a Sports Broadcaster.
Former American Football player, Reality TV Personality, Philanthropist
- Father – Scott Underwood (State Farm Agent / Insurance Agent)
- Mother – Donna Burkard (Realtor)
- Siblings – Connor Timothy Underwood (Younger Brother) (American Football Defensive Lineman)
- Others – Leigh Underwood née Chapman (Stepmother) (Works at State Farm Insurance company), Ryleigh Chapman (Stepsister), Ty Chapman (Stepbrother), Chase Chapman (Stepbrother), Zaiden Burkard (Stepbrother), Zoehn Burkard (Stepbrother), Daniel Burkard (Stepfather) (IT Security & Systems Engineer)
Colton is represented by Rockhold Marketing LLC (For Colton Underwood Legacy Foundation).
6 ft 3 in or 190.5 cm
- As an active football player, Colton used to weigh around 116 kg or 256 lbs. His highest billed weight was 122 kg or 269 lbs.
- Before and after filming The Bachelor, the reality star trimmed his build down to 102 kg or 225 lbs to relieve his joints from the pressure of excess weight.
Girlfriend / Boyfriend / Spouse
Colton Underwood has dated –
- Aly Raisman (2016–2017) – Colton got introduced to Aly, who is a 3 time Olympic Gold medalist in Gymnastics, through former team-mate Andrew East and his wife, former gymnast Shawn Johnson. Aly and Colton hit it off and made their relationship public by walking down the red carpet together at high profile events since December 2016 beginning with Sports Illustrated Sportsperson of the Year Ceremony in New York. They also attended the Golden Globes 2017 together. After less than a year of dating, Colton confirmed their split in June 2017 blaming it on the pressure created by excessive media and social media coverage. During a podcast interview, Colton called Aly his “first love.”
- Tia Booth (2017–2018) – Before participating in The Bachelorette Season 14, Colton briefly dated physical therapist Tia Booth who was one of the contestants on The Bachelor (Arie Luyendyk Jr.’s Season 22) and is also a close friend of the former Bachelorette, Becca Kufrin. He rekindled his romance with her on Bachelor in Paradise Season 5 only to conclude that he and Tia were not compatible as a couple and parted ways amicably as friends. The following day after the episode that aired their breakup, ABC network announced Colton as the next Bachelor.
- Rebecca Kufrin (2018) – The football player was one of the cast members of The Bachelorette Season 14 contending for Rebecca Kufrin’s heart who is a publicist from Minnesota. He finished in the 4th place. Rebecca eliminated Colton after the home town dates when a close friend and fellow Bachelor nation contestant, Tia Booth confessed that she had lingering feelings for Colton. The Bachelorette Season 14 was also the platform where Colton publicly admitted to being a virgin. This confession spawned a series of jokes on the internet and became a recurring marketing theme during the promotion of The Bachelor Season 23.
- Caelynn Miller-Keyes (2019) – Colton and model Caelynn Miller-Keyes dated each other on The Bachelor in 2019. She was the first girl to be kissed by him on the show. However, he later eliminated her in February 2019.
- Nicole Lopez-Alvar
- Cassie Randolph (2019–2020) – Cassie was studying for a Master’s degree in Speech Pathology when she was cast in The Bachelor Season 23 to compete for Colton’s affection. In Week 9, Cassie was one of the last 3 remaining ladies along with Tayshia Adams and Hannah Godwin when she realized she was not ready to get engaged to Colton by the end of the show. She decided to break up with Colton that left him devastated. In a fit of frustration, he jumped over the automatic gate of his hotel room and fled to the dark countryside of Portugal. This scene gained widespread publicity over the internet. In the next episode, Colton broke up with other finalists Tayshia and Hannah G. to pursue Cassie. He convinced her to give him a second chance after coming to an agreement that they should put in substantial time and effort into their relationship before even considering an engagement. Colton moved to Los Angeles to be able to meet Cassie every day. But, sadly, the relationship broke in the summer of 2020.
- Jordan C. Brown (2021) – In 2021, Colton was rumored to be dating Jordan C. Brown after they were spotted sharing a kiss during a vacation at the Four Seasons resort in Maui, Hawaii.
Race / Ethnicity
In April 2021, during an interview on Good Morning America, he came out as gay.
- Tall and muscular physical frame
- Sharp, square jaw-line
- Deep set slightly drooping eyes with prominent laugh lines
14 (US) or 13 (UK) or 47 (EU)
Colton is a MusclePharm sponsored athlete.
He has also endorsed brands like –
- Stray Tees
- Rove Concepts Furniture
- To Boot New York
- Pura Vida Bracelets
Best Known For
Being the virgin bachelor on The Bachelor Season 23
First TV Show
He made his TV show debut as a contestant on The Bachelorette Season 14 in May 2018.
- During his active football career, Colton would force feed himself surplus calories to maintain very high body weight. The former athlete confessed that constantly overeating used to be very uncomfortable. The primary focus of his workouts at that time was to gain maximal strength by lifting heavy weights close to his one rep max for 3-5 repetitions.
- It took Colton about a year to lean down to 102 kg / 225 lbs, but his bodyweight frequently fluctuates by 10-15 lbs if he is unable to maintain his workout and diet routine.
- Thanks to his sponsor MusclePharm, the reality star has free access to the state of the art MusclePharm training facility in Burbank, California. He takes dietary recommendations from NBA strength coach, Amoila Cesar and collects pre-packaged meals from Kore Meal Prep Company every Sunday and Wednesday.
- Colton frequently posts snapshots of his workouts on Instagram while working in the supervision of trainer, fitness model and fellow MusclePharm sponsored athlete John Gaines Jr.
- The former athlete is no longer interested in powerlifting or gaining more size and exercises to look shredded. His weight training regime is put together in circuits or supersets. It includes calorie torching movements such as thrusters or exercises performed with heavy medicine balls and battle ropes. His trainer also includes body-weight exercises such as pull-ups, push-ups, and burpees performed for several rounds.
- Colton starts his workout with a 15 minute warm-up on the treadmill followed by 9-12 strength training exercises and concludes it with another 25 minutes of cardio on the elliptical trainer or the treadmill. He follows this routine at least 5 times a week.
- The athlete lost weight by following portion control and intermittent fasting. His meals are as follows :
- Breakfast – Oatmeal with peanut butter and blueberries
- Lunch – A lean protein source (such as Tuna or Salmon), vegetables with a small portion of a complex carbohydrate
- Snack – Protein bars, Rice cake with peanut butter
- Dinner – Mixed vegetables with a lean protein
- Supplements – MP Plant-based Organic Protein, MP Natural Energy Pre-workout, BCAAs, MP Multivitamin, MP CLA & Fish Oil, MP Z-PM
- Other than a healthy lifestyle, Colton has a very elaborate skin care regime and spends 575 US dollars or more every couple of months on creams and serums by Glycelene and Dermalogica sunscreen.
Colton Underwood Favorite Things
- Guilty Pleasure – Peanut Butter, Watching home improvement shows
- Peanut Butter Brand – Justin’s, Jif
- Peanut Butter Texture – Creamy
- Protein Bar – MP Combat Crunch
- Shoe Brand – To Boot New York
- Beverage – Kombucha
- Animal – Dogs, Sloth
- Celebrity Chef – Guy Fieri
- Movie Genre – Superhero Action
- Celebrity Crush – Jennifer Aniston
- Superhero Power – Teleportation
- Sweet Treat – Waffles with peanut butter and honey
- Superhero – Ironman
- Social Media Application – Instagram
Colton Underwood Facts
- He was born on Super Bowl Sunday and his parents named him after the Football team, Indianapolis Colts.
- Colton played for the San Diego Chargers, Philadelphia Eagles, and Oakland Raiders as an Off-season and practice squad member. He never got to play in an NFL match and retired in 2016 due to a shoulder injury.
- The childhood home Colton grew up in was formerly a hospital.
- While in college, Colton’s teammates nicknamed him ‘Disney.’
- At the age of 23, Colton started a non-profit organization that raises money for people suffering from cystic fibrosis in honor of his cousin, Harper who was diagnosed with this disorder at the age of 4.
- Being a sincere dog lover, Colton is connected to the Illinois and San Diego divisions of the Humane Society – a group for the prevention of animal suffering and cruelty. As of early 2019, Colton had two pet dogs named Sniper and a German shepherd rescue dog called Thor.
- In August 2016, Colton opened a sports bar called 4th & Goal Grill in Washington D.C., which served 14 craft beers on tap, as well as Miller Lite and Michelob Ultra. He sold it to his aunt and uncle (Sherrie and Geoff Lucas) in April 2018 who converted it into a BBQ place.
- He stated in an interview that he does not like wearing socks and underwear. While shooting The Bachelor, it was for the first time that underwear became a part of his wardrobe.
- The reality star has a shoe fetish and owns more than 250 pairs of shoes. Shoes are also the first thing he notices about a woman at a formal event.
- He claims to be an impulse buyer and tends to forget even the things on his shopping list to purchase whatever takes his fancy at a shop.
- Colton does not have a flexible body and struggles to touch his toes. His tongue, on the other hand, is way more flexible as he can touch his nose with it.
- Every time he visits a new restaurant, he gets rid of the dilemma of deciding his order by asking the waiter to bring his favorite dish. The food always turns out to be to his liking.
- Colton has a fear of heights.
- His father owns two horses and a pony named Cinnamon, Fireball, and Wrigley.
- The athlete confessed to a poor sense of direction. He can lose his way even a mile away from his residence.
- In November 2020, Colton deleted all the posts from his Instagram after his ex Cassie Randolph dropped the restraining order against him.
- In June 2021, Colton shared a video where his grandmother was helping him to find a suitable boyfriend on the Tinder dating app.
- In 2021, Colton had a photoshoot with photographer Damon Baker which was considered to be the hottest photoshoot ever for Colton as he had posed in a leather jacket only.
- To view Colton’s Legacy Foundation events, merchandise, and Rosé wine visit the official website @ www.coltonslegacy.org.
Featured Image by Colton Underwood / Instagram