|Cyhi the Prynce Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||September 15, 1984|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Cyhi the Prynce is an American rapper, singer, and songwriter who has released a solo studio album titled No Dope on Sundays (2017). He has also released the mixtapes Royal Flush (2010), Royal Flush 2 (2011), Jack of All Trades (2011), Ivy League Club (2012), Ivy League: Kick Back (2013), Black Hystori Project (2014), Black Hystori Project 2: N.A.A.C.P. (2015). As of January 2022, for his work as a songwriter, he had been nominated for a Grammy Award 6 times in the category of ‘Best Rap Song’ – twice in 2017 and once each in 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2019.
Cydel Charles Young
Cyhi the Prynce
Stone Mountain, DeKalb County, Georgia, United States
Rapper, Singer, Songwriter
- Father – Coleman Young
- Mother – Tanya Young
- Siblings – He has 3 siblings.
Hip Hop, Rap
- Ivy State
- Sony Music Entertainment
- Def Jam Recordings
- Konvict Muzik
- Drink The Lemonade
- GOOD Music
Cyhi the Prynce’s net worth had been $3 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
76 kg or 167.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of African-American descent.
- Toned physique
- Close-cropped hair
- Sports a trimmed beard
- Affable smile
Cyhi the Prynce Facts
- A multi-talented prodigy, Cyhi the Prynce used to compete in multiple sports during his school days including American football, basketball, and track and field events. He also used to sing in his school choir and participate in school plays and dances.
- Although he was raised Baptist by strict parents which meant that he could not listen to hip hop music in his youth, he was accorded enough opportunities as a teenager to develop his interest and skills in music.
- He had first come into the spotlight in 2009 when he had signed his first major-label contract with Konvict Muzik (a record label founded by renowned R&B singer Akon), with the backing of Def Jam Recordings, a major American multinational record label.
- About a year later, he drew even more attention after he had worked alongside iconic American rapper and hip hop mogul Kanye West and had been featured in his highly acclaimed album, My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy (2010). Cyhi had later revealed that it was Beyoncé, a friend of Kanye, who had convinced Kanye to sign him up to his GOOD Music imprint.
- His mixtapes titled Black Hystori Project (2014) and Black Hystori Project 2: N.A.A.C.P. (2015) were conscious efforts on his part to bring to the mainstream discussion, the history of black people in America.
- He had been released from his Def Jam Recordings contract in August 2015. His debut solo studio album had been released in November 2017 under Sony Music Entertainment, following years of label disputes with his previous labels.
- In February 2021, he had revealed via an Instagram post that he had survived an assassination attempt. He had recounted that while driving on an Atlanta highway, his car had been shot at and ultimately flipped over. The car had then hit a pole and crashed into a tree. The assailants had continued to shoot at the car for a while before fleeing the scene which had allowed Cyhi to escape.
Featured Image by Cyhi the Prynce / Instagram