|Jay Sean Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||March 26, 1979|
Jay Sean is an English singer, songwriter, record producer, and arranger who made his debut in the UK’s Asian Underground scene as a member of the Rishi Rich Project with the song Dance with You and was eventually signed to Virgin Records. His discography consists of several tracks and albums including Me Against Myself, Neon, All or Nothing, My Own Way, Down (ft. Lil Wayne), Stay, Ride It, Maybe, 2012 (It Ain’t the End) (ft. Nicki Minaj), Do You Remember (ft. Sean Paul and Lil Jon), Do You Love Me, Emergency, Where Do We Go, With You (ft. Gucci Mane and Asian Doll), Hit the Lights (ft. Lil Wayne), I’m All Yours (ft. Pitbull), Why Why How Why, So High, Cherry Papers, Happiness Days, Incomplete, Now Or Later, Mars (ft. Rick Ross), and Need To Know.
Kamaljit Singh Jhooti
Shaan, Jay Sean, Nicky J, MC Nicky J
Harlesden, Brent, London, England, United Kingdom
London, England, United Kingdom
Jay attended Latymer Upper School in Hammersmith, west London and left it in 1997.
Jay was a straight-A student in his GCSEs. During his A-levels, he got grade A in Biology and grade B in Mathematics and Chemistry each.
Subsequently, to study in the field of medicine, he was enrolled into Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry in Queen Mary, University of London. In 2003, he dropped out of it to pursue a career in singing.
Singer, songwriter, record producer, arranger
- Father – Sharan Jhooti
- Mother – Bindi Jhooti
- Siblings – Naroop Jhooti (Brother)
- Others – Pritpal Rupra (Cousin)
Jeremy Skaller and Thara Prashad have served as Jay Sean’s general managers.
R&B, hip hop, bhangra, soul, pop
Vocals, guitar, piano
- Virgin Records (2004–2005)
- 2Point9 (2004–2009)
- Jayded (2004–2009)
- Cash Money (2009–2014)
- Universal Republic (2009–2014)
- Sony Music
His net worth had been $10 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
77 kg or 170 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jay Sean has dated –
- Thara Prashad (2009-Present) – On August 8, 2009, he married American singer, Thara Prashad. Their first child, a daughter named Ayva Loveen Kaur Jhooti, was born on December 13, 2013. On August 15, 2018, the duo was blessed with a son named Aaryan.
Race / Ethnicity
Jay Sean is of Punjabi descent.
He is an ambassador for Five Four Clothing.
Jay has appeared in commercials on Monster DNA.
Sean has also been in PSAs like “Brushy Brush” and others.
Best Known For
His songs such as “Down”, “Do You Remember”, “2012 (It Ain’t the End)”, etc.
On November 8, 2004, Jay released his first album Me Against Myself in the United Kingdom via various record labels. It reached #29 in the UK and was certified as Silver in the UK and 5x Platinum in India.
In 2005, Jay was seen in the comedy film Kyaa Kool Hai Hum as a singer. He had a special appearance in the song “Dil Mera.”
First TV Show
In 2004, Jay appeared in the TV show Desi DNA as himself in the very first episode #1.1.
Jay Sean is a fitness freak. He takes care of his body and has even released a picture of himself in 6 pack abs on Instagram. He once said in a Twitter chat with his fans that Sylvester Stallone‘s Rocky character motivated him to achieve those abs.
He has worked with one of the top 10 professional bodybuilders in the world – Víctor Martínez. Jay works on his body conditioning and keeps improving his strength. He has already gained a good body shape. Jay hits the gym 6 days a week.
As per his diet, he eats healthy now. Though, it was not the case when he was a kid. Jay was 14 stones (or 89 kg) when he left school.
In his breakfast, he generally eats stuff like a protein shake, oatmeal, eggs, and similar.
Jay Sean Favorite Things
- Animal – Chimpanzee
- TV Show – The Office (UK version) (2001-2003)
- Favorite Beyonce Song – Smash Into You
- Sport – Basketball
Source – Pop Crush
Jay Sean Facts
- As a singer, Jay formed a musical duo called “Compulsive Disorder” with his cousin. He kept his stage name as “Nicky J.”
- The nickname “Jay” was received from his friends while he used to fondly be called “Shaan” by his grandmother. Hence, he opted to keep “Sean.”
- He has also been a part of the Rishi Rich Project which consisted of members Rishi Rich, Jay Sean, and Juggy D. All being British Indian singers.
- Jay has shown his support to Aga Khan Foundation (AKF).
- When singer Zayn Malik was still studying in school, Jay motivated him to sing on stage for the first time.
- Jay has appeared in PETA’s ad campaign to encourage people to adopt animals from shelters rather than purchasing them from shops.
- On May 12, 2008, he released his 2nd studio album titled My Own Way through Jayded Records and 2Point9 Records. It peaked at number #1 on the UK R&B Chart and at number #6 on the UK Albums Chart.
- Bollywood actress Bipasha Basu was featured in Jay’s second song “Stolen.”
- British singers Craig David and Jay Sean are frequently compared together.
- If he could be any cartoon character, he would like to become Homer Simpson.
- He is not a morning person.
- His 3rd studio album All or Nothing was released on November 23, 2009, and David Jeffries of Allmusic gave the album 3.5 out of 5 stars, stating that “All or Nothing is a strong U.S. debut for this Akon-meets-Chris Brown-styled singer, one that takes advantage of his suave back catalog and the hip new possibilities now possible via Cash Money.” The album peaked at number #2 on the UK Indie Chart and at number #37 on the U.S. Billboard 200 chart.