Kamaljit Singh Jhooti
Shaan, Jay Sean, Nicky J
Harlesden, Brent, London, England, UK
Jay attended Latymer Upper School in Hammersmith, west London and left it in 1997.
Jay was a straight-A student in his GCSEs. During his A-levels, he got grade A in Biology and grade B in Mathematics and Chemistry each.
Subsequently, to study in the field of medicine, he was enrolled into Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry in Queen Mary, University of London. In 2003, he dropped out of it to pursue a career in singing.
Singer, songwriter, record producer, arranger
- Father – Sharan Jhooti
- Mother – Bindi Jhooti
- Siblings – Naroop Jhooti (Brother)
- Others – Pritpal Rupra (Cousin)
Jeremy Skaller and Thara Prashad are his general managers.
R&B, hip hop, bhangra, soul
Vocals, guitar, piano
- Virgin Records (2004–2005)
- 2Point9 (2004–2009)
- Jayded (2004–2009)
- Cash Money (2009–2014)
- Universal Republic (2009–2014)
- Sony Music
5 ft 7¾ in or 172 cm
77 kg or 170 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jay Sean dated –
- Thara Prashad (2009-Present) – On August 8, 2009, he married American singer, Thara Prashad. They have a child, daughter Ayva (b. December 13, 2013).
Race / Ethnicity
Jay Sean’s body specifications may be –
- Chest – 43 in or 109 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 16 in or 41 cm
- Waist – 32 in or 81 cm
He is an ambassador for Five Four Clothing.
Jay has appeared in commercials on Monster DNA.
Sean has also been in PSAs like “Brushy Brush” and others.
Best Known For
His songs such as “Down”, “Do You Remember”, “2012 (It Ain’t the End)”, etc.
On November 8, 2004, Jay released his first album Me Against Myself in United Kingdom via various record labels. It reached #29 in UK and was certified as Silver in UK and 5x Platinum in India.
In 2005, Jay was seen in comedy film Kyaa Kool Hai Hum as a singer. He had a special appearance in the song “Dil Mera.”
First TV Show
In 2004, Jay appeared in TV show Desi DNA as himself in the very first episode #1.1.
Jay Sean is a fitness freak. He takes care of his body and has even released a picture of himself in 6 pack abs on Instagram. He once said in a Twitter chat with his fans that Sylvester Stallone‘s Rocky character motivated him to achieve those abs.
He has worked with one of the top 10 professional bodybuilders in the world – Víctor Martínez. Jay works on his body conditioning and keeps improving his strength. He has already gained a good body shape. Jay hits the gym 6 days a week.
As per his diet, he eats healthy now. Though, it was not the case when he was a kid. Jay was 14 stones (or 89 kg) when he left school.
In his breakfast, he generally eats stuff like protein shake, oatmeal, eggs and similar.
Jay Sean Favorite Things
- Animal – Chimpanzee
- TV Show – The Office (UK version) (2001-2003)
- Favorite Beyonce Song – Smash Into You
- Sport – Basketball
Source – Pop Crush
Jay Sean Facts
- As a singer, Jay formed a musical duo called “Compulsive Disorder” with his cousin. He kept his stage name as “Nicky J.”
- The nickname “Jay” was received from his friends while he used to fondly called as “Shaan” from his grandmother. Hence, he opted to keep “Sean.”
- He has also been a part of Rishi Rich Project which consisted of members Rishi Rich, Jay Sean and Juggy D. All being British Indian singers.
- Jay has shown his support to Aga Khan Foundation (AKF).
- When singer Zayn Malik was still studying in school, Jay motivated him to sing on stage for the first time.
- Jay has appeared in PETA’s ad campaign to encourage people to adopt animals from shelter rather than purchasing them from shops.
- Bollywood actress Bipasha Basu was featured in Jay’s second song “Stolen.”
- British singers Craig David and Jay Sean are frequently compared together.
- If he could be any cartoon character, he would like to become Homer Simpson.
- He is not a morning person.
- Hear more from Jay on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube VEVO, and Last.fm.