|Dahye Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||June 12, 1993|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Dahye is a South Korean singer, dancer, and rapper best known as the former member of a 4-member all-girl K-Pop music group, BESTie, between 2013 and 2017. On July 11, 2013, she joined Haeryung, Uji, and Hyeyeon, who were previously members of an all-girl group EXID and the 4 made their official debut with a single Pitapat. The accompanying music video was also released and also featured K-Pop singers Yoo Se-yoon and Jo Kwon. The very next day, July 12, the group made their debut live performance at the Music Bank program hosted by KBS (Korean Broadcasting System). The prominence they attained led to the release of their 2nd single, Love Options on October 16, 2013, and a digital single, Zzang Christmas in December 2013. After the release of singles Thank U Very Much on February 28, 2014, and Like A Star, on July 11, 2014, their 1-year anniversary, all of the singles were re-released as part of their debut EP, Hot Baby on July 28, 2014.
The album charted at the 7th spot on the Gaon Music Chart and led to the release of the re-packaged version of the album, I Need You on August 29, 2014, which included an additional single of the same name. Dahye, as part of BESTie, released her 2nd EP, Love Emotion on May 8, 2015, which peaked at the 8th spot on the same South Korean chart. The music video for one of the singles, Excuse Me, landed the 4th spot on the “Most Viewed K-Pop Videos in America” list composed by Billboard. In 2015, her group also won the Next Generation Award at the Golden Disk Awards and Dahye landed a featured artist spot on the Yoo Se-yoon’s single We Fought. In January 2016, Dahye suffered an unfortunate fall from the stairs and the group’s performances had to be delayed to give her time to recover. Dahye made her last appearance as a group member on December 16, 2016, and officially left the group on September 5, 2017.
Incheon, South Korea
Seoul, South Korea
Dahye attended Yeil High School in Incheon, South Korea.
Singer, Rapper, Dancer
Korean Pop (K-Pop)
YNB Entertainment (2013-2017)
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She is of South Korean descent.
Best Known For
- Being a former member of an all-girl K-Pop group, BESTie, between 2013 and 2017
- Her EPs as part of BESTie, Hot Baby (2014) and Love Emotion (2015)
- Her social media fanbase with more than 100k followers on Instagram
As a Singer
Right after Dahye became an official member of the K-pop group, BESTie, she released her debut single, Pitapat on July 11, 2013, also featuring Jo Kwon and Yoo Se-yoon, male K-Pop singers. A 2nd single, Love Options, followed on October 16, 2013, as well as a Christmas-themed digital single, Zzang Christmas in December 2013. On February 28, 2014, Dahye and her all-girl group 1st released their original single, Thank U Very Much and also performed a live cover of Mr.Mr. song by Girls’ Generation on the Music Bank program on June 27, 2014.
After their 5th single, Like A Star on July 11, 2014, which was the group’s 1st anniversary, they released their debut EP, Hot Baby on July 28, 2014. It consisted of all the previous singles with an addition of the title track, Hot Baby. The album charted at #7 on the Gaon Music Chart and sold more than 4.5k copies. On August 29, 2014, a re-packaged version of the album was released titled I Need You which included an additional single of the same name.
Dahye and her group members also covered a song titled Mamacita by Super Junior on the Music Bank music program in late 2014. She was also a featured artist on Yoo Se-Yoon’s track We Fought in March 2015. Dahye, as part of BESTie, also went on to release her 2nd EP, Love Emotion on May 8, 2015. It consisted of 6 tracks in total titled Excuse Me, Hush Baby, Single Bed, I’m So Fine ft. Almeng, On Such a Day, and Excuse Me (Instrumental). It sold more than 4k copies and landed the 8th spot on the Gaon Music Chart.
As a solo artist, Dahye primarily sang covers of the songs by popular artists and uploaded them to her YouTube channel. On August 16, 2017, she released a cover of Ariana Grande‘s Side To Side featuring Nicki Minaj and on August 29, of Ariana Grande’s song, Greedy. In September 2017, Dahye released a cover of Park Won’s All of my Life, and in October 2017, a cover of Ciara‘s Body Party. She also released a cover of Tori Kelly‘s Don’t You Worry ‘Bout A Thing in March 2018 and Paper Hearts in September of the same year. On June 5, 2019, Dahye covered Naomi Scott‘s song Speechless.
Besides being a dancer, Dahye is also a regular practitioner of yoga and is at an advanced level. She also attended a Tao Yoga Festival in Jeonju Hanok Village in Jeonju, South Korea in June 2018.
Dahye Favorite Things
- Alcoholic Drink – Red Wine
- Activity – Watching Soccer Games
- Soccer Teams – Republic of Korea, Liverpool
Source – Instagram, Instagram, Instagram
- The fans of her former group called themselves “BESTiny”.
- Despite her slim stature, she has been called “hips of BESTie”, primarily due to her dancing skills.
- She had trained under the SM Entertainment agency before signing with YNB Entertainment and joining BESTie.
- In January 2016, Dahye fell from the stairs and fractured her right arm and ankle. This led to the delays in BESTie‘s live performances to give her time to get better.
- The final appearance of BESTie as a full group was on December 16, 2016, at the Military Year End Concert.
- When Dahye left the group alongside her group member, Uji, it was announced that Hyeyeon and Haeryung would continue to be a part of the group. The two, however, focused on their solo careers. Haeryung signed with Star Entertainment in September 2018 and changed her stage name to Kang Hyeyeon.
- As of 2018, the official website of YNB Entertainment was no longer accessible, which was widely speculated to be due to the agency’s bankruptcy. For that reason, Hyeyeon leaving the group led to the disbandment of BESTie without any actual official statements.
- Her ideal type of man is Yoo Jae-suk, a comedian, host, and TV personality. She prefers men with charming personalities and of character, instead of bad boys.
- She admitted that she used to weigh around 65 kg or 143.5 lbs in the past.
- Dahye is scared of bugs and ghosts.
- She has a dog named Song Gye Baek and created a separate Instagram account for him under the handle “gyebaek_0612”.
- Listen to her former group’s music on Spotify and Apple Music.
- Follow her on Instagram and YouTube.
Featured Image by Dahye / Instagram