|Daron Malakian Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7¼ in|
|Date of Birth||July 18, 1975|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Daron Malakian is an Armenian-American musician, singer, songwriter, and record producer who has gained acclaim as the guitarist, songwriter, and second vocalist of the metal band System of a Down as well as for being the lead vocalist, lead guitarist, multi-instrumentalist, and songwriter of Scars on Broadway. Regarded as one of the greatest hard rock guitarists of modern time, he has been placed at number #14 in Loudwire‘s list of “Top 50 Hard Rock + Metal Guitarists of All Time”, at number #11 in MusicRadar‘s poll of “The 20 Greatest Metal Guitarists Ever”, and at number #30 in Guitar World‘s list of “The 100 Greatest Heavy Metal Guitarists of All Time”.
Daron Vartan Malakian
Hollywood, California, United States
California, United States
Daron Malakian studied at Rose and Alex Pilibos Armenian School located in the Los Feliz side of Hollywood. Then, he attended Glendale High School
Musician, Singer, Songwriter, Record Producer
- Father – Vartan Malakian (Painter, Artist, Sculptor, Dancer, Choreographer)
- Mother – Zepur Malakian (Sculptor who instructed college-level sculpture earlier in her career)
- Siblings – He is an only child.
He is represented by Velvet Hammer Management, Music Artist Management Company, West Hollywood, California, United States.
Alternative Metal, Hard Rock, Experimental Rock, Heavy Metal, Progressive Metal, Nu Metal
Vocals, Guitar, Bass, Drums, Keyboards, Sitar
Interscope Records, eatURmusic, American Recordings, Columbia Records
5 ft 7¼ in or 171 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Daron Malakian has dated –
- Jessica Miller (2003-2010) – He was in a relationship with American model Jessica Miller between 2003 and 2010.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Armenian descent.
- Sports long hair
- Wears a hat
- Plays Ibanez guitars for System of a Down
Daron Malakian Facts
- His parents are ethnic Armenian immigrants.
- Growing up, he used to listen to artists and bands such as Van Halen, Def Leppard, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Motörhead, Slayer, Venom, Metallica, Pantera, Sepultura, Ozzy Osbourne, The Beatles, and John Lennon.
- Initially, Daron Malakian wanted to play the drums but his parents got him a guitar because “You can’t turn the drums off.”
- His fellow schoolmates at Rose and Alex Pilibos Armenian School included his future bandmates Shavo Odadjian and Ontronik “Andy” Khachaturian (System of a Down‘s original drummer).
- He has credited English singer-songwriter, John Lennon, as one of his biggest influences as a songwriter while his other influences include British Invasion bands such as The Kinks and The Who as well as Peter, Paul and Mary and Iggy Pop.
- He is the only System of a Down member to be born in the United States.
- With System of a Down, Daron Malakian has worked on albums like Toxicity, Steal This Album!, Mezmerize, and Hypnotize.
- He is a huge fan of the Edmonton Oilers ice hockey team.
Featured Image by DM / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0