|Shavo Odadjian Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 0¾ in|
|Date of Birth||April 22, 1974|
Shavo Odadjian is an Armenian-American musician, songwriter, director, actor, human rights activist, and entrepreneur who is best known for being the bassist, backing vocalist, and occasional songwriter of the heavy metal band, System of a Down, which has successfully released many albums and tracks including Hypnotize, Lonely Day, Steal This Album!, Toxicity, Genocidal Humanoidz, and Protect the Land. In addition to that, he has also been a member of the supergroup named AcHoZeN which has included Wu-Tang Clan founder RZA, Killarmy member Kinetic 9, and Reverend William Burke.
Shavo, DJ Tactic, DJ DecompozeR
Yerevan, Armenian SSR, Soviet Union
Shavo Odadjian studied at Alex Pilibos Elementary School, an Armenian parochial school, in Los Angeles, California. His schoolmates included future bandmates Daron Malakian and Serj Tankian.
Musician, Songwriter, Director, Actor, Human Rights Activist, Entrepreneur
Alternative Metal, Experimental Hip Hop, Nu Metal, Thrash Metal, Hard Rock
American Recordings, Columbia Records, urSESSION
6 ft 0¾ in or 184.5 cm
77 kg or 170 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Shavo Odadjian has dated –
- Kassie Spielman (2005-2007) – He was previously married to American actress Kassie Spielman.
- Sonia Odadjian (2007-Present) – He started going out with Sonia in the year 2007. The duo eventually got married and has been blessed with 2 children named Shavo Dylan and Hayk Victor.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Armenian descent.
- Trademark beard
Shavo Odadjian Favorite Things
- Bands And Artists – Dead Kennedys, KISS, Slayer, Beatles, the Rolling Stones, Motörhead, Black Sabbath, Death, Led Zeppelin, Beastie Boys, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Ramones, Rush, Queen, Alice Cooper
Source – Wikipedia
Shavo Odadjian Facts
- He was 5 years old when he relocated to Los Angeles.
- He mostly listened to punk rock and heavy metal music during his younger years.
- Shavo Odadjian’s fellow System of a Down bandmates include Serj Tankian, Daron Malakian, and John Dolmayan.
- He has directed most of the System of a Down music videos.
- He is the only System of a Down member to be born in Armenia.
- Shavo made his theatrical film debut as Hansel’s Posse in the 2001 American action comedy film, Zoolander, starring Ben Stiller, Owen Wilson, Will Ferrell, Christine Taylor, Milla Jovovich, and Jon Voight.
- As a tribute to his outstanding work as a role model for young Armenian-Americans, he was honored with the AGBU’s GenNEXT “Community Hero Award” on February 27, 2009. He was nominated for the award by young kids in the community and later said, “It was better than winning the Grammy. The Grammy is just industry; it’s corporate. This is from the kids. This shows you that a difference happened. The best thing in the world is when you can get someone to notice a difference. It was an amazing feeling. I know where it came from. The kids nominated me, and it was the best.”
Featured Image by Velvet Hammer Management / John Klijnen / velvethammer.net