|David Walliams Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||August 20, 1971|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
David Walliams is an English comedian, writer, actor, and television personality who is best known for his work on Little Britain and Come Fly With Me. In 2012, he started serving as the judge on Britain’s Got Talent and has portrayed numerous roles in films and TV shows such as Greville White in Capturing Mary, Tommy Beresford in Partners in Crime, and Tobias Quince in Murder Mystery. David has also been a part of numerous other TV shows and films such as Barking, Fun at the Funeral Parlour, EastEnders, Hustle, Doctor Who, Blandings, It’ll be Alright on the Night, and many more. He has published books like The Boy in the Dress, Camp David, Inside Little Britain, Awful Auntie, and many more. He has been honored with several awards such as the Pride of Britain Award, National Television Award, and Specsavers National Book Award.
David Edward Williams
Merton, London, England
David Walliams went to the Collingwood Boys’ School in Wallington. He then got enrolled at the Reigate Grammar School in Surrey.
In 1989, he got admission to the University of Bristol and graduated in 1992 with a Bachelor of Arts (Drama).
Comedian, actor, author, presenter, A&R scour judge
- Father – Peter Williams (London Transport Engineer) (Died in 2007)
- Mother – Kathleen Williams (Lab Technician)
- Siblings – Julie Williams (Sister)
David Walliams is represented by London-based Troika Talent Agency.
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
92 kg or 203 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
David Walliams has dated
- Abi Titmuss (2004) – According to British Tabloids, David had an affair with controversial model Abi Titmuss in 2004. They were spotted out and about in London on numerous occasions and by all accounts, it was a fiery fling. And, their separation wasn’t amicable as well. Abi accused David of being an attention seeker in her interview with Daily Star.
- Patsy Kensit (2004) – David was linked up with rock singer and model Patsy Kensit in 2004. They had met through mutual friends towards the end of 2003. By the time, British tabloids caught wind of their affair, they already had been dating for two months. It was alleged that he had even moved into her house in West London. However, their affair didn’t last long.
- Leilani Dowding (2005) – In May 2005, David was reported to be going out with TV star Leilani Dowding. They had gone out on a couple of dates and she even confirmed their relationship in interaction with media. However, she claimed that she wasn’t getting too excited about them, which was a right thing to do as a couple of weeks later David was heading for pastures anew.
- Emily Scott (2006) – In August 2006, David was rumored to have charmed Playboy model Emily Scott.
- Candice Warner (2007) – When he was touring Australia in the early months of 2007, he seemed to have taken fancy to the professional Ironwoman athlete. In February, they were pictured stumbling out of numerous Sydney-based nightclubs. Then, they were caught making out and getting cozy on Sydney’s Bronte Beach.
- Geri Halliwell (2007) – Walliams caught the eye of the former Spice Girl Geri Halliwell in April 2007. They were caught on an outing on Sunday in Primrose Hill, London. He was pictured pushing her young daughter Bluebell’s pram.
- Erin O’Connor (2007) – David was rumored to be dating model Erin O’Connor in 2007.
- Lisa Snowdon – In his biography Inside Little Britain published in 2006, he had written about falling madly in love with an unidentified model and TV presenter and her subsequent disapproval to take their relationship ahead. He wrote that he was left heart broken. A couple of weeks after the release of the biography, Lisa came ahead to reveal that David was talking about her. She also revealed that despite their heart breaking separation, they remained on good terms.
- Lauren Budd (2008-2009) – By the end of 2008, David was making moves on lingerie model Lauren Budd. They had met just before Christmas at the star studded bash. And, as 18-year-old Lauren was of nearly half his age, he decided to ask her agent whether he could take her for dinner. Shortly after, they were officially dating. He even whisked her for a luxury winter vacation trip to Barbados. They were also pictured at a number of high-profile events back in London. In her February 2009 interview with Mirror, she claimed that their relationship was a chaste one as they didn’t have s*x. She slept in a separate room when she used to visit his home and they booked separate rooms for vacations.
- Lara Stone (2009-2015) – David started going out with Dutch supermodel in May 2009. Their first public appearance as a couple came in September 2009 as he took her to a Chelsea soccer match. He was reported to have filled her house with flowers after their first public date. In January 2010, they announced that they had got engaged. David had first asked for her parents’ permission before proposing to her in Los Angeles. In May 2010, they got married in a lavish wedding ceremony held in London. In May 2013, she gave birth to a boy, Alfred. In March 2015, they revealed that they had ended their marriage of five years and were giving trial separation a try. They weren’t seen together since the end of 2014. In September 2015, he filed for divorce, citing her unreasonable behavior.
- Ashley James (2015) – Towards late 2015, David was rumored to be going out with model Ashley James. They had met each other through mutual friends by the start of the year. Their relationship rumors were solidified in November 2015 after they were pictured on a date at a posh Asian restaurant in Mayfair. He had sent a bouquet of white roses to her house as well.
- Jessica Hynes – In her 2012 interview with Daily Record, comedian and actress Jessica Hynes revealed that she had gone out for a date with David. However, she found successful comedian very boring and he subsequently ended up taking her friend out. The only positive for her was that he sent her a tub of chocolates later.
- Sylvia Flote (2017-Present) – Walliams started dating Norwegian model Sylvia Flote in March 2017. Their first public sighting was after a dinner date at the posh Harry’s Bar in London’s Mayfair.
Race / Ethnicity
Dark Brown (Natural hair color)
With advancing age, he also has some silver-hued locks.
- Round face with puffy cheeks
- Broad and prominent chin
Best Known For
- His partnership with popular comedian Matt Lucas for the famous sketch comedy show, Little Britain.
- Having served as a judge of the popular talent hunt show, Britain’s Got Talent.
- Portraying the role of chemistry teacher Keith Church in the sitcom, Big School. He wrote the show was well.
In 2004, David got his first work in a film by voicing a character in the horror comedy movie, Shaun of the Dead. However, his work in the movie wasn’t credited.
His first credited role was of a minor character of an accountant in the 2005 released comedy, Stoned.
First TV Show
In 1996, he made his first TV show appearance in the sketch comedy series, Asylum. He also served as a writer for the show.
David Walliams has a very fit lifestyle and incredible fitness considering his age and non-athletic background.
After training for a year under the guidance of Prof Greg Whyte, the accomplished exercise scientist managed to swim 22 miles in the English Channel. He swam in lakes and in the sea whenever he had an opportunity. He even swam for 8 hours in Croatia for his preparatory training.
Again with regimented training, he managed to swim 140 miles of Thames in 2011.
David Walliams Favorite Things
- Comfort Food – Maltesers Chocolates
- Restaurant – Mildreds on London’s Lexington Street
- Song – Into My Arms by Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
- Influences – Steve Martin
David Walliams Facts
- He had to change his stage name to David Walliams while registering with the actors’ union Equity as there was another actor registered by the name of David Williams.
- David’s father passed away in 2007 due to an aggressive form of liver cancer.
- In 1990, while on holidays from the university, he worked with the National Youth Theatre. It was while working at National Youth Theatre, he met his future collaborated and close friend Matt Lucas.
- He has suffered from bipolar disease. He swam across the English Channel to redeem himself from his past bouts of self-hatred. It also helped raise money for the benefit of the Sport Relief.
- He served as an usher at the wedding of actor Rob Brydon to TV producer Claire Holland.
- In November 2006, David raised more than £1.5 million for the Sport Relief charity, and for this, he was honored with the Pride of Britain Award for “The Most Influential Public Figure”.
- In September 2011, he helped raise more than $2 million for the charity organization Sport Relief by swimming 140 miles in the Thames River.
- In 2012, he received the “Landmark Achievement Award” at the National Television Awards.
- He has revealed in an interview with The Guardian that he has a pathological fear of being on his own. When he is on his own, he starts thinking self-destructive and dark thoughts.
- While growing up, he used to find it difficult to make friends. He was depressed as a child and often used to lock himself in bathroom and practice comedy routines.
- In 2008, he had signed two books contract with Harper Collins. In November 2008, David published his first novel, The Boy in the Dress, which was illustrated by Quentin Blake.
- His children’s books have been translated into more than 46 languages and have sold more than 12.5 million copies all over the world.
- In the 2017 Birthday Honours, he was honored with his appointment as Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE) in recognition of his services to arts and charity.
Featured Image via Ana Maria Wiggins / Wikipedia / CC BY-SA 4.0