North Bend, Oregon, United States
Delilah lives on a 55-acre farm in Port Orchard, Washington. As per her interview with Buzzfeed, she has about 500 chickens, 21 goats, 2 emus, 9 horses, 2 pigs, 5 sheep, a Zebra called Xena, 7 dogs, 5 baby goats, and 3 African Geese on her farm, which yields more than 20,000 pounds of crops such as corn, potatoes, apples.
Delilah graduated from the high school in 1978.
Radio personality, author, and songwriter
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Unknown
Delilah can be reached through Point Hope Foundation.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm (Approx)
80 kg or 176 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Delilah has dated
- George Harris (1981-1985)
- Unknown (1990) – This marriage was later annulled.
- Douglas Ortega (1996-2001)
- Paul Warner (2012-Present) – Delilah got married to business owner Paul Warner in 2012. They had been friends for a pretty long time. Also, this was her fourth marriage and it seemed that she had found luck the fourth time after the previous three ended up being a disaster. The invited guests and the staff only knew that they were attending a Halloween party organized by Delilah.
- Delilah is a mother of 13 children, out of which 10 are adopted. In March 2012, she lost her son Sammy Young Dzolali Rene to complications of a blood disorder known as sickle-cell anemia. Sammy was adopted from a Ghanaian refugee camp in West Africa. In October 2017, her biological son, Zachariah committed suicide after a long battle with depression. She also has a granddaughter, named Penny.
Race / Ethnicity
- Blonde locks
- Blue eyes
41-35-42 in or 104-89-107 cm
Delilah has appeared in the TV commercials for –
- Campbell’s Cash ‘n’ Carry
- Omega XL
- Feed the Hungry (PSA ad)
In 2013, she was featured in the print adverts for Identity Guard, which is a privacy and personal information monitoring system.
She is a devout Evangelical Christian and often says prayer live on her show for her listeners.
Best Known For
Being the host of a nightly radio show, Delilah, which usually starts at 7 in the evening and stretches on till midnight. In the show, Delilah takes on calls from the listeners and dishes out advice on a number of issues along with encouragement, while honoring musical requests as well.
In 1987, Delilah made her theatrical film debut in the crime adventure movie, Running from the Guns.
First TV Show
In 1996, Delilah made her first TV show appearance as herself in the music talk show, Beauty and the Beast.
Delilah Favorite Things
- Love Songs – I Will Always Love You (By Whitney Houston), Endless Love (By Diana Ross and Lionel Richie), All of Me (By John Legend), In Your Eyes (By Peter Gabriel), Always and Forever (By Heatwave), Haven’t Met You Yet (By Michael Bublé), Scars to Your Beautiful (By Alessia Cara), Hello (By Lionel Richie)
- Bible Verse – 1 Corinthians 13:13
- Delilah took her first radio station tour when she was a girl scout.
- In 1974, while studying in middle school, she went on to win a local speech competition, which was judged by the owners of a radio station, KDUN in Reedsport. As a result of her victory in the competition, she was hired to cover school news and sports on KDUN. She was 14 years old at that time.
- On her radio show, she receives calls from about 50,000 people daily. However, she only talks to about 50-70 callers, who she selects by screening calls on her own.
- The character of Dr. Marcia Fieldstone, which was played by Caroline Aaron, in the romantic movie, Sleepless in Seattle (Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan were in the lead roles), was based on Delilah.
- Delilah got her first syndication deal in 1996.
- In 2004, she established her not for profit foundation, Point Hope, which works to support foster children in America and aims to support refugees and other vulnerable individuals in Liberia and Ghana.
- She stared her organization’s work after the Liberian civil war by providing clean and safe drinking water to the Liberian refugees who were camped inside Ghanaian border at Buduburam.
- In recognition of her success as a radio host, she was honored with a place in National Radio Hall of Fame in November 2016.
- She had previously set up a business called Delilah’s Cozy Kitchen in downtown Port Orchard. She also used to operate the business but has closed it down since.
- Visit her official website @ delilah.com.
- Follow her on Facebook and Instagram.
Featured Image by Delilah / Instagram