|Devin Booker Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||October 30, 1996|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Devin Booker is an American professional basketball player who plays as the shooting guard for the Phoenix Suns of the National Basketball Association (NBA). In March 2019, he was hailed as the youngest player in NBA history with consecutive 50-point games.
Devin Armani Booker
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
He attended Grandville High School in Michigan where he played for the freshman, junior varsity, and varsity basketball teams. He relocated to Mississipi to live with his father and later went to Moss Point High School where his father landed a job as an assistant coach.
Professional Basketball Player
- Father – Melvin Booker (Former Basketball Player)
- Mother – Veronica Gutiérrez
- Siblings – Davon Wade (Older Brother)
- Others – Mya (Younger Half-sister)
Devin Booker is represented by his team Phoenix Suns of the National Basketball Association (NBA).
Phoenix Suns – 1
6 ft 5 in or 195.5 cm
93 kg or 205 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Devin Booker has dated –
- Kendall Jenner (2020-Present) – In April 2020, Devin was first spotted with model Kendall Jenner on a road trip. Later, it was confirmed that they are dating. On June 12, 2021, they celebrated their 1-year anniversary of being together.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Hispanic, White, and Black)
He has Mexican-American and Puerto Rican ancestry on his mother’s side and African-American ancestry on his father’s side.
- Plump Lips
- Tall Stature
Devin Booker Favorite Things
- Pets – Dogs
- Food – Raising Cane’s chicken fingers
Source – Hoopshype
Devin Booker Facts
- His parents met while his father was playing basketball for the Continental Basketball Association’s Grand Rapids Hoops in Gutiérrez’s hometown at Grand Rapids, Michigan.
- He was raised in Grand Rapids and lived with his mother while his father was in pursuits of his basketball career internationally.
- During Booker’s time in middle school, he became friends with future NBA players D’Angelo Russell and Tyler Ulis.
- By the end of Moss Point’s season during his junior year, he held scholarship offers from Duke, North Carolina, Florida, Michigan, Michigan State, Missouri, and Mississippi State.
- He was ranked a four-star prospect and the 30th best player overall in the class of 2014 by Rivals.com, and ESPN identified Booker as the 18th best player overall.
- Recruiting analyst Evan Daniels called Booker “one of the best shooters” in the country.
- In the summer of 2013, he participated in the Kevin Durant Skills Academy, the LeBron James Skills Academy, the CP3 Elite Guard Camp, and the National Basketball Players Association (NBPA) Top 100 Camp, during which his fellow participants in the NBPA camp voted him to the camp’s 10-man all-star team.
- In May 2014, he participated in the South Mississippi All-Star Basketball Showcase and led the Home team with 43 points including 3 points that brought the game into overtime, finishing in a 114-106 win against the Away team. At the time, Booker was named the game’s MVP.
- On April 9, 2015, he declared for the NBA draft, giving up his final 3 years of college eligibility.
- He was the 13th overall pick by the Phoenix Suns in the 2015 NBA draft on June 25, 2015. In July, he officially signed a rookie contract with the Suns and played in seven succeeding Summer League games where he averaged 15.3 points, 4.9 rebounds, and 1.7 assists per game.
- He made his NBA debut just 2 days before his 19th birthday. At the time, he was the Suns’ season opener against the Dallas Mavericks. Booker became the first player in NBA history to debut at the age of 18.
- During the 2016 NBA Rookie of the Year Award voting, he finished 4th and earned NBA All-Rookie First Team honors. He also became the first Phoenix Suns player to be named an All-Rookie Team member since Amar’e Stoudemire in 2003.
- In the past, he received a signed pair of shoes from Kobe Bryant who turned out to be a fan of his games.
Featured Image by Devin Booker / Instagram