|Famke Janssen Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11½ in|
|Date of Birth||November 5, 1965|
Famke Janssen is a Dutch actress who is best known for portraying roles such as Jean Grey / Phoenix in the X-Men film series, Xenia Onatopp in GoldenEye, Eve Rothlow in How to Get Away with Murder, Olivia Godfrey in Hemlock Grove, Ava Moore in Nip/Tuck, and Lenore Mills in the Taken film trilogy. She has also appeared in a variety of other TV shows and films such as Lord of Illusions, Dead Girl, Deep Rising, The Adventures of Sebastian Cole, House on Haunted Hill, Eulogy, 100 Feet, Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters, Once Upon a Time in Venice, The Vault, The Blacklist, SuperMansion, The Capture, Long Slow Exhale, and many more. For her acting skills, she has been honored with several awards such as the Saturn Award and Scream Award.
Famke Beumer Janssen
After graduating from high school, Famke went to the University of Amsterdam to study Economics. But, she left it after a year.
She later (in the early 1990s) enrolled herself at Columbia University in New York City to study creative writing and literature.
Actress, former model, director, screenwriter
- Siblings – Antoinette Beumer (Older Sister) (Director), Marjolein Beumer (Younger Sister) (Actress)
As a model, she was signed to –
- Brookside Artist Management – USA
- Adéquat Talent Agency – France
5 ft 11½ in or 182 cm
66 kg or 145.5 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Famke Janssen dated –
- Anson Mount – Famke and American actor, Anson Mount dated for about a decade in the past. The news of them getting engaged and then marriage also surfaced on the Internet. But, these weren’t confirmed.
- Kip Williams (1995-2000) – American director, producer, and screenwriter, Kip Williams married a Dutch actress in 1995. They were married from 1995 to 2000.
- Ryan Gosling (2004) – Canadian actor, Ryan Gosling had a romantic fling with actress Famke Janssen in 2004 end. He is about 15 years her junior.
- Cole Frates (2006-Present) – Since 2006, she is dating American actor, Cole Frates.
- Josh Peck (2009) – The Wackness (2008) co-stars Josh Peck and Famke were RUMORed to be dating in 2009.
Race / Ethnicity
- Statuesque, model-like figure
- Naturally brunette
36-25-35 in or 91.5-63.5-89 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU) or 8 (UK)
She has modeled for Chanel.
Famke had appeared in PETA’s “Be an Angel for Animals” ad.
She had also appeared in commercials about L’Oreal, Heineken, Exclamation mark! perfume, an Asthma ad, and others.
She once did the “Fight AIDS PSA” commercial.
Best Known For
Playing Xenia Onatopp in the film GoldenEye (1995), and as Jean Grey in the X-Men film series.
Janssen appeared in the 1992 crime drama film Fathers & Sons for her role as Kyle Christian.
First TV Show
In 1992, Famke played the role as Kamala in the science fiction TV series Star Trek: The Next Generation in an episode titled “The Perfect Mate”.
She does the spinning workout and goes hiking. She likes the curvy woman shape and admits that the best practice to keep fit is laughing out loud and walking in the fresh air.
Janssen eats salad (and sometimes even chicken) in the afternoon. She drinks an ample amount of water.
She splurges on apple pie with ice cream.
Famke Janssen Favorite Things
- Movies (of her career) – Love & Sex (2000), Turn the River (2007)
- Horror Movie – The Shining (1980)
- Actor – Jack Nicholson
- Actress – Meryl Streep
- Perfume – KL by Karl Lagerfeld
- Artists – Louise Bourgeois, William Kentridge
Famke Janssen Facts
- Her first name means “girl” in the West Frisian language.
- Her last and middle names are the surnames of her dad and mom.
- She is fluent in many languages like English, Dutch, and French. Famke knows German too but is not good at that.
- Janssen used to have a Boston Terrier dog named Licorice. Together, Famke and Licorice have appeared in a PETA campaign.
- In Turn the River (2007), all pool shots were done by Famke herself. There was no body-double used.
- As per PETA, she is a vegan and so likes to have pasta and other vegetable dishes.
- She was offered the female lead role in the 2003 film Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines. But, Famke turned down the offer.
- In the 2002 film, Men in Black II, Famke was finalized and cast for the role of Serleena. But, after a death in the family, she left and Lara Flynn Boyle was taken in her place.
- She loves dancing. In fact, nothing can make her more happy than dancing.
- She likes everything about coffee – taste, aroma, latte art, the social aspect, and even the ritual.
- While playing Xenia Onatopp in the James Bond film GoldenEye (1995), her ribs got broken during a scene in which Pierce Brosnan had to throw her.
- She played a pool hustler in the film Turn the River (2007). She perfected the four-rail bank shot in her first attempt without any practice or prior experience in playing pool before.
- Painting is also one of her passions.
- Unlike Famke, both her sisters and all 4 nieces have blue eyes.
- She has directed, co-produced, and written the film Bringing Up Bobby (2011) which starred Milla Jovovich and Bill Pullman.
- She has done the voiceover work for the One Year Until Tokyo 2020 video which was shot for the 2021 Olympics.
- Famke has been a part of the Film Forum board in New York City.
- She is not good at cooking.
- She has never drunk alcohol in her life.
- Famke is addicted to docuseries.
- She likes the 1930s screwball comedies and even the 1970s gritty films.
- She admires Ava DuVernay and even got the chance to work with her.
- She is not on social media.