Famke Beumer Janssen
After graduating from high school, Famke went to the University of Amsterdam to study Economics. But, she left it after a year.
She later (in the early 1990s) enrolled herself into Columbia University in New York City to study creative writing and literature.
Actress, former model, director, screenwriter
- Siblings – Antoinette Beumer (Older Sister) (Director), Marjolein Beumer (Younger Sister) (Actress)
As a model, she was signed to –
- Brookside Artist Management – USA
- Adéquat Talent Agency – France
5 ft 11½ in or 182 cm
62 kg or 137 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Famke Janssen dated –
- Anson Mount – Famke and American actor, Anson Mount dated for about a decade in the past. The news of them getting engaged and then marriage also surfaced on the Internet. But, these weren’t confirmed.
- Tod Williams (1995-2000) – American director, producer, and screenwriter, Tod Williams married Dutch actress in 1995. They were married from 1995 to 2000.
- Ryan Gosling (2004) – Canadian actor, Ryan Gosling had a romantic fling with actress Famke Janssen in 2004 end. He is about 15 years her junior.
- Cole Frates (2006-Present) – Since 2006, she is dating American actor, Cole Frates.
- Josh Peck (2009) – The Wackness (2008) co-stars Josh Peck and Famke were RUMORed to be dating in 2009.
Race / Ethnicity
- Statuesque, model-like figure
- Naturally brunette
36-25-35 in or 91.5-63.5-89 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU) or 8 (UK)
She has modeled for Chanel.
Famke had appeared in PETA’s “Be an Angel for Animals” ad.
She had also appeared in commercials about L’Oreal, Heineken, Exclamation mark! perfume, an Asthma ad, and others.
She once did the “Fight AIDS PSA” commercial.
Best Known For
Playing Xenia Onatopp in the film GoldenEye (1995), and as Jean Grey in the X-Men film series.
Janssen appeared in the 1992 crime drama film Fathers & Sons for her role as Kyle Christian.
First TV Show
In 1992, Famke played the role as Kamala in the science fiction TV series Star Trek: The Next Generation in an episode titled “The Perfect Mate”.
She does spinning workout and goes for hiking. She likes curvy woman shape and admits that the best practice to keep fit is laughing out loud and walking in the fresh air.
Janssen eats salad (and sometimes even chicken) in the afternoon. She drinks an ample amount of water.
She splurges on apple pie with ice-cream.
Famke Janssen Favorite Things
- Movies (of her career) – Love & Sex (2000), Turn the River (2007)
- Horror Movie – The Shining (1980)
- Actor – Jack Nicholson
- Actress – Meryl Streep
- Perfume – KL by Karl Lagerfeld
Source – IMDb, Vogue.it
Famke Janssen Facts
- Her first name means “girl” in West Frisian language.
- Her last and middle names are the surnames of her dad and mom.
- She is fluent in many languages like English, Dutch, and French. Famke knows German too but is not good at that.
- Janssen has a Boston Terrier dog named Licorice.
- In Turn the River (2007), all pool shots were done by Famke herself. There was no body-double used.
- As per PETA, she is a vegan and so likes to have pasta and other vegetables dishes.
- She was offered the female lead role in the 2003 film Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines. But, Famke turned down the offer.
- In the 2002 film, Men in Black II, Famke was finalized and cast for the role of Serleena. But, after a death in the family, she left and Lara Flynn Boyle was taken at her place.
- She is not on social media.