|Gabriel Macht Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||January 22, 1972|
Gabriel Macht is an American actor who is best known for portraying roles such as Harvey Specter in Suits, Denny Colt / The Spirit in The Spirit, and Barkley in S*x and the City. He has also appeared in a variety of other TV shows and films such as The Others, Numbers, Pearson, Beverly Hills, 90210, A Bag of Hammers, Love & Other Drugs, S.W.A.T., Firefight, Grand Theft Parsons, A Love Song for Bobby Long, Because I Said So, American Outlaws, The Adventures of Sebastian Cole, The Object of My Affection, and many more.
Gabriel Stephen Macht
The Bronx, New York, United States
Gabriel Macht went to Beverly Hills High School.
After high school graduation in 1990, he got enrolled at the Carnegie Mellon College of Fine Arts from where he graduated in 1994.
- Father – Stephen Macht (Actor)
- Mother – Suzanne Victoria Pulier (Museum Curator and Archivist)
- Siblings – Jesse Macht (Brother) (Musician, appeared in Fox TV music talent show The Next Great American Band), Julie Macht (Sister) (District Attorney in The Bronx), Ari Serbin Macht (Brother)
- Others – Jerome Irving Macht (Paternal Grandfather), Janette Curlenjik (Paternal Grandmother), Emanuel Pulier (Maternal Grandfather), Sonia Serbin (Maternal Grandmother)
Gabriel is represented by ICM Partners.
6 ft or 183 cm
84 kg or 185 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Gabriel Macht has dated –
- Jacinda Barrett (2004-Present) – Gabriel reportedly first met his wife Jacinda Barrett in London. They got married in 2004. In August 2007, Jacinda gave birth to their first child, a daughter whom they named Satine Anais Geraldine Macht. They added a son, Luca to their family in February 2014. The Australian actress appeared as Gabriel’s love interest in the TV drama series, Suits.
Race / Ethnicity
Gabriel Macht has Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry.
A mole mark above his left eyebrow.
Gabriel has starred in the TV commercials for
- Scotch whiskey from Ballantine
- Digital satellite TV service, DSTV
Best Known For
- Being cast in the role of Harvey Specter in the USA Network TV series, Suits.
- Portraying the masked crimefighter The Spirit in the eponymous 2008 film, which was an adaptation of DC comics.
Gabriel made his film debut in 1980 with the comedy/drama film, Why Would I Lie? In the role of Jorge.
First TV Show
In 1991, Gabriel made his first TV show appearance in the Fox series Beverly Hills, 90210 as Tal Weaver.
Gabriel Macht Favorite Things
- Sports – American Football
- Baseball Team – New York Yankees
- Indian Food – Saag Paneer
Source – Indian Express
Gabriel Macht Facts
- He was under consideration for the role of Chase in the action-thriller TV series, 24. The role eventually went to fellow American actor James Badge Dale.
- Apart from playing the main role in Suits, he has also served as a co-producer for the legal drama. Moreover, he made his directorial debut with the 11th episode of the 4th season.
- He is a big car enthusiast. However, he is bothered by sports cars and prefers instead Cadillac style cars.
- While studying in college, he was a part of the Delta Upsilon fraternity.
- Initially, during the freshman run of the Suits, he lived with his co-star Patrick J. Adams as he didn’t have his own place in Toronto.
- Gabriel gave up eating meat in 2008. This is because he didn’t feel good after eating even the finest Philly cheesesteak sandwich. Gabriel’s friend then asked him to read The China Study and he has never eaten after that time.
- Gabriel Macht has worked with a charity organization, Transformations Ministries International, which works to tackle homelessness and various types of addictions.