|Gemma Ward Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9½ in|
|Date of Birth||November 3, 1987|
Gemma Louise Ward
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Gemma attended Presbyterian Ladies’ College and Shenton College in Perth.
Fashion / Runway model, actress
- Father – Gary Ward (Australian Doctor)
- Mother – Claire (English Nurse)
- Siblings – Sophie Ward (Older Sister) (Model), Oscar Ward (Younger Twin Brother), Henry Ward (Younger Twin Brother)
Gemma Ward is signed with these agencies –
- IMG Models – London
- IMG Models – Milan
- IMG Models – New York
- IMG Models – Paris
- IMG Models – Sydney (Mother Agency)
- MY Model Management – Korea
- Why Not Model Agency – Milan
- Vivien’s Model Management – Sydney
5 ft 9½ in or 176 cm
57 kg or 126 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Gemma Ward dated –
- Josh Hartnett (2007) – Gemma and American actor Josh Hartnett had a fling in 2007. They were celebrity guests of honor at V Magazine’s Halloween party held in New York.
- Heath Ledger (2007-2008) – In November 2007, she met Australian actor Heath Ledger and started dating him. They spent Christmas together at Perth and then returned back to New York. On January 22, 2008, due to the sudden death of Heath Ledger, the relationship ended.
- David Letts – She then started dating a guy named, David Letts. She welcomed her first child, daughter Naia in early December 2013.
Race / Ethnicity
32-24-35 in or 81-61-89 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
8 (US) or 38.5 (EU) or 5.5 (UK)
She has appeared in iiNet TV commercial.
She has advertised for lot many brands such as Balenciaga, Bettina Liano, Burberry, Calvin Klein ‘Obsession’ fragrance, Christian Dior, CK by Calvin Klein, Cover, Daniel Swarovski, Dolce & Gabbana, Esprique Precious, Givenchy, Hermès, Indivi, Isetan, Jean-Paul Gaultier, Jil Sander, Jill Stuart, Karl Lagerfeld, Kose, La Redoute, Lisa Ho, Live Clothing, Louis Vuitton, Neiman Marcus, Prada, Rusty, South Pacific, Splash, Swarovski, Tialence, Valentino, Valentino eyewear, Versus, Versus eyewear, Witchery, Y-3, Yves Saint Laurent eyewear, Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche, etc.
Gemma is also a Coke Life’s ambassador.
Best Known For
Working with lots of fashion brands such as Prada, YSL, Givenchy, Calvin Klein, etc.
First Fashion Show
Gemma made her fashion debut with the Ready to Wear – Spring / Summer 2004 fashion show where she modeled for Miu Miu, and Prada.
In 2001, Gemma was seen in Pink Pyjamas for her role as Heidi.
Later, in 2008, Ward appeared in The Black Balloon for her role as Jackie Masters. She also received two nominations for “Best Actress” for her role in the movie.
Gemma maintains her weight by healthy eating and of course drinking an ample amount of water. Sometimes, she also treats herself with calorie-rich food.
Gemma Ward Favorite Things
- Movie – Almost Famous (2000)
Source – IMDb
Gemma Ward Facts
- Gemma is the second youngest in her family of 4 kids.
- Gemma was a family clown and desired to become an actress.
- In 1997, Ward’s acting passion took birth.
- At the age of 10, Gemma played the role of a witch in the school play Hansel and Gretel.
- Gemma, as a model, was discovered in 2002 (when she was 14). At that time, she was accompanying her friends to a modeling contest Search for a Supermodel within Australia. But, instead of her friends, she got discovered. But, she was not the winner of the contest. But, Gemma was found by Vivien’s Model Agency’s agent.
- In May 2003, when she was 15, Gemma made her Australian Fashion Week debut.
- She is a fan of singer Bob Marley.
- Her older sister Sophie Ward stopped modeling after doing it for some time as she got bored.
- In 2008, she was seen in “Pirelli Calendar.”
- Gemma has appeared in John Mayer‘s music video of “Daughters.”
- In Italian, her first name means “Gem.”