|Greyson Chance Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 0¾ in|
|Date of Birth||August 16, 1997|
Greyson Chance is an American singer, songwriter, and musician. It was in the year 2010 that he shot to popularity after his performance of Lady Gaga’s “Paparazzi” at a grade school music festival went viral on YouTube, gaining over 70 million views. Since then, he has released many tracks, albums, and extended plays such as Hold On ’til the Night, Portraits, Somewhere Over My Head, Trophies, Waiting Outside the Lines, Dancing Next to Me, Yours, Boots, Sunshine & City Lights, Afterlife, Good as Gold, Take a Look at Me Now, Thrilla In Manila, Twenty One, and Low.
Greyson Michael Chance
Grey Grey, Greyson
Wichita Falls, Texas, United States
Edmond, Oklahoma, United States
Greyson completed his schooling at Cheyenne Middle School in Oklahoma in 2010. Later, he got enrolled at the University of Tulsa in 2017 as a history major but eventually dropped out to focus on his music career.
Singer, Songwriter, Musician
- Father – Scott Chance
- Mother – Lisa Chance
- Siblings – Alexa Chance (Older Sister), Tanner (Older Brother)
- Others – Boyd Hubert Chance (Paternal Grandfather), Elsie Lucille Powell (Paternal Grandmother), Karl Mathias Schaefer (Maternal Grandfather), Carolyn Ann Dvorak (Maternal Grandmother)
Note – Both of Greyson’s siblings are involved in music.
Guy Oseary (Madonna‘s manager) and Troy Carter (Lady Gaga’s manager) have together managed Chance’s career.
He has been signed with Milk & Honey, Music Artist Management Company, Los Angeles, California, United States.
Pop, pop-rock, piano rock, funk, dance-pop, electronic
Vocals, piano, ukulele
Eleveneleven, Maverick, Streamline, Geffen Records, AWAL, Arista Records, Sony Music
His net worth had been $2.4 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
6 ft 0¾ in or 184.5 cm
68 kg or 150 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Greyson has dated –
- Ben Watson
Race / Ethnicity
Greyson Chance is of British Isles (English and Scottish), German, Bohemian/Czech, and Polish descent.
He came out as gay in an Instagram post on July 19, 2017.
Best Known For
His singing career and Billboard’s #12 single “Waiting Outside the Lines” from his debut album.
Chance released his debut album Hold On ’til the Night on August 2, 2011, under eleveneleven, Geffen Records, Maverick Records, and Streamline Records. The album is just more than 36 minutes long and sold about 16,000 copies. It charted at number 29 in US’ Billboard 200.
He has not appeared in any of the movies except the TV movies of the Award functions.
First TV Show
Chance has guest appeared in many TV shows starting from 2010 like in VEVO’s ASK:REPLY, Teen Choice Awards 2010, Le grand journal de Canal+, Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, So Random!, Ellen: The Ellen DeGeneres Show, and others.
Greyson Chance Favorite Things
- Band – Journey
Source – Obsev.com
Greyson Chance Facts
- He started learning piano at the age of 8 and received piano lessons consecutively for 3 years.
- Chance’s singing skills are kind of natural, as he did not take any formal vocal training.
- His music influences include Augustana (rock band), Christina Aguilera, Elton John, Lady Gaga, John Legend (R&B singer), and John Lennon.
- Greyson’s soccer jersey number is 11.
- He posted Lady Gaga’s Paparazzi cover video on YouTube on April 28, 2010, but the video generated very low views for continuous 2 weeks (almost 10,000). But, the video became viral, when Tanner Chance (Greyson’s older brother) requested Ellen DeGeneres, in writing, to watch the video. Ellen, then called Greyson to perform on her show and soon the videos were embedded and shared by various people and websites including Wall Street Journal, Ashton Kutcher, TV Guide, etc.
- Chance is also the first artist to be signed by Ellen DeGeneres in her record label “eleveneleven”.
- He has struggled with anorexia nervosa, an eating disorder characterized by low weight, food restriction, body image disturbance, fear of gaining weight, and an overpowering desire to be thin.
- On March 15, 2019, he released his 2nd studio album titled Portraits and it consisted of songs like Bleed You Still, Stand, West Texas, Yours, Plains, and Seasons Nineteen.
- In June 2022, Greyson released a new song titled Palladium.