|Gustaf Skarsgård Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 3.5 in|
|Date of Birth||November 12, 1980|
Gustaf Skarsgård is a Swedish actor famously known for his role as Floki in the series Vikings. He is the 2nd born child of the acclaimed Swedish actor, Stellan Skarsgård with his 1st wife, My Skarsgard, a physician. He was their 1st child to be bitten by the acting bug at a relatively young age; 4 brothers have since joined the family business.
He has had roles in movies such as The Way Back, Prima Ballerina, Min vän Percys magiska gymnastikskor, Euroboy, Cleo, The Color of Milk, Arn – The Kingdom at Road’s End, The Galapagos Affair: Satan Came to Eden, Sneakers among others. He has also had roles in TV shows such as My Friend Percy’s Magical Sneakers, Westworld, Ettor & nollor (The Fat and the Angry), Vikings: Athelstan’s Journal, Swedenhielms, among others.
He joined the Royal Dramatic Theatre after attending the Teaterhögskolan from 1999 to 2003, in Stockholm. He took part in plays for Chekhov, Shakespeare and Söderberg’s in Stockholm City Theatre and the Royal Dramatic Theatre.
Gustaf Caspar Olm Skarsgård
Södermalm, Stockholm, Sweden
Gustaf Skarsgård attended the Stockholm Academy of Dramatic Arts (Teaterhögskolan).
Actor, Voice Actor, Director, Writer
- Father – Stellan Skarsgård (Actor)
- Mother – My Skarsgård (Physician)
- Siblings – Alexander Skarsgård (Older Brother) (Actor), Bill Skarsgård (Younger Brother) (Actor, Model), Sam Skarsgård (Younger Brother) (Doctor), Valter Skarsgård (Younger Brother) (Actor), Eija Skarsgård (Younger Sister) (Model)
- Others – Megan Everett (Step Mother), Ossian Skarsgård (Half-Brother), Kolbjörn Skarsgård (Half-Brother)
Gustaf Skarsgård is managed by –
- MGMT Entertainment (Talent Management Company), West Hollywood, United States
- Agentfirman Planthaber/Kildén/Mandic (Manager), Stockholm, Sweden
- Wolf-Kasteler Public Relations (Publicist), Los Angeles, California, United States
6 ft 3.5 in or 192 cm
84 kg or 185 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Gustaf Skarsgård has dated –
- Hanna Alström (1999-2005) – Gustaf dated Hanna, a Swedish actress for 6 years from 1999 to 2005.
Race / Ethnicity
Best Known For
- Acting in films such as Prima Ballerina, Min vän Percys magiska gymnastikskor, Euroboy, Cleo, The Color of Milk, Arn – The Kingdom at Road’s End, The Galapagos Affair: Satan Came to Eden, Sneakers among others
- Appearing in TV shows such as My Friend Percy’s Magical Sneakers, Westworld, Ettor & nollor (The Fat and the Angry), Vikings: Athelstan’s Journal, Swedenhielms, among others
- Producing the movie Vi in 2013
- Writing and directing the 2011 film Människor helt utan betydelse
Gustaf Skarsgård made his theatrical film debut as Spinken in the 1989 film Code Name Coq Rouge (Täcknamn Coq Rouge).
First TV Show
He made his TV show debut on My Friend Percy’s Magical Sneakers (Min vän Percys magiska gymnastikskor) in 1994.
Gustaf Skarsgård Favorite Things
Gustaf Skarsgård Facts
- The European Film Promotion named him “European films’ Shooting Stars” in 2007.
- Swedish actor Matias Varela is his best friend since childhood.
- The name Orm means “snake” in Swedish.
- Sara Alström is his ex-sister in law.
- He shares a birthday with Ryan Gosling.
- He has won Shooting Stars Award from the European Film Academy and Guldbagge Awards for his role in the movie Kidz In da Hood.
- When Gustaf left the Teaterhogskolan in Stockholm, he joined the Royal Dramatic Theatre where he played in works of Shakespeare, Soderberg, and Chekov.
- He has been in a number of short films like May Fly, The Big Leap, Euroboy: cambrioleu, among others.
- He is afraid of horses.
- The famous Swedish actor, Peter Stormare, is his godfather who is famous for his roles in The Lost World: Jurassic Park(1997), Prison Break (2005), Bad Boys II (2003) among others.
- He comes from a large family of 6 siblings by his mother and 2 half-brothers by his father’s 2nd wife.
- All the 5 brothers and their fathers are tall, over 6 ft 3 in and, their 1 sister is 5 ft 10 in.
- His sister Eija is a model.
- 4 of his brothers are actors following the trail of their father, and the other brother is a physician, like their mother.
- His 2 brothers have successful Hollywood careers; Alexander is in the cast of Big Little Liars, and Bill plays the clown in the horror film It: Chapter One.
- His father Stellan has acted in the films Good Will Hunting (1997), Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest (2006) Mama Mia (2008), Thor (2011), The Avengers (2012), among others.
- He has also acted on the Stockholm City Theatre.
- Gustaf has played the king of Sweden twice; as King Karl XI (Charles XI) of the 17th century, and, as King Knut Eriksson (Canute I) from the 13th century.
- He lent his voice to the Swedish version of Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban (2004) for the character ‘Stan Shunpike’.
- He again was the voice for the Swedish version of Valiant (2005) for the character of ‘Valiant’.
- He has produced the Swedish film Us (2013) about a love story went bad.
- He is the writer of the screenplay for the short film Manniskor Helt Utan Betydelse.
- He made his directorial debut in 2011 with the short film Manniskor Helt Utan Betydelse (People of No Significance).
- He was the winner of the “Best Actor Award” in Screamfest for his role in Dan Osynlige (2002).
- He was cast in the role of Rolf Blomberg in the documentary feature The Galapagos Affair: Satan Came to Eden (2013) about unsolved disappearances of European expatriate residents on the Galapagos island of Floreana in the 1930s.
- His acting career has taken him to many varied locations; Vikings was shot in Ireland, Autumn Blood was in Austria, Westworld was in California, Kon-Tiki was filmed in Norway, Malta, Bulgaria, Thailand, Sweden, and the Maldives.
- He has made his home base in Sweden and travels back and forth, to wherever his next role will take him.
- Gustaf was cast to play the role of Martin Schbbye in the movie 438 Days (2019) about 2 Swedish journalists who survive 438 days in the notorious Ethiopian Kality prison.
Featured Image by Gustaf Skarsgård / Instagram