|Ishant Sharma Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||September 2, 1988|
Ishant Sharma is a well known Indian cricketer who is best known for his fast bowling, of which he has touched the 150 km/h on many occasions in international cricket. However, he came into the limelight after having bowled Australian batsman Ricky Pointing out on the fastpitch in Perth in 2008. On the other hand, Ishant has also amassed a huge fan base with more than 3 million followers on Twitter, more than 3.5 million followers on Facebook, and more than 1.5 million followers on Instagram.
New Delhi, India
Ishant had studied up till high school and did not continue further due to his passion for cricket.
- Father – Vijay Sharma
- Mother – Grisha Sharma
- Siblings – Eva Sharma (Sister)
Ishant is represented by Arjun of Kwanent and Cornerstone Sport.
6 ft 5 in or 195.5 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ishant has dated –
- Pratima Singh (2016-Present) – Pratima is a professional basketball player.
Race / Ethnicity
- Tall and lean physique
- Thin long beard
- He has a beauty spot on the left side of his cheek.
Ishant Sharma Favorite Things
- Actress – Katrina Kaif, Alia Bhatt
- Bollywood film – Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (1995)
- Cricketer – Sachin Tendulkar, Glenn McGrath
Source – Daily Hunt
Ishant Sharma Facts
- He was raised in Delhi alongside his sister Eva Sharma in a family that was not so well-off.
- Ishant’s father Vijay worked on air conditioners and was the only providing for the family.
- He lost his kitbag when he went to play his first match.
- Sharma was 18 years old when he was chosen to play on the tour of South Africa in 2006–07.
- In 2008, Ishant was bought by the Kolkata Knight Riders for an astounding $950, 000. This made him the highest-paid bowler for the tournament.
- He is a right-arm medium-fast bowler.
- To date, Ishant is considered to be one of the fastest bowlers in the history of cricket. His highest being 152.2 km/h which, he bowled to Australian batsman Ricky Pointing in 2011 on the Boxing Day test match.
- He had taken 100 wickets by the year 2011. This, in turn, made him the 5th youngest bowler to achieve it.
- He was announced as the brand ambassador for FLY in May 2008.
- In 2014, it was announced that he was to be represented by Cornerstone Sport.
- Ishant played junior cricket with Virat Kohli in the past. He even made his Under-19 One-day, Test, First-Class, and Ranji Trophy debut with him.
- He is not the tallest cricketer on the Indian team as Abey Kuruvilla stands tall at 6 ft 6 in.
- As of 2016, English cricketer, Alastair Cook had been bowled 9 times by Ishant. Whereas, Australian cricketer Ricky Ponting and Michael Clarke had been dismissed 7 times.
- Ishant is known for his obsession with cars and owns quite a number including an Audi RX5, Audi S5, and Volkswagen Polo.
- He considers Australian seamer Glenn McGrath to be his inspiration.
- Ishant Sharma hit his first international six which was in his 100th test match on February 25, 2021, against England over the bowling of Jack Leach.
Featured Image By Dee03 / Wikimedia / CC BY SA 3.0