|Jackson Wang Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8.5 in|
|Date of Birth||March 28, 1994|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Jackson Wang is a Hong Kongese rapper, singer and dancer known for being a member of the popular South Korean boy group, GOT7, under JYP Entertainment. He has also released several songs as a solo artist including Some Strange Work, Generation 2, Papillon, Okay, Dawn of Us, and many more. He has a strong social media fan base with more than 12 million followers on Instagram and more than 500k followers on Twitter.
Kowloon Tong, British Hong Kong
Jackson went to the American International School Hong Kong.
Rapper, Singer, Dancer, Host
- Father – Wang Ruiji (Fencer)
- Mother – Zhou Ping (Gymnast)
- Siblings – He has an older brother.
Jackson was represented by JYP Entertainment. On January 19, 2021, it was announced that all the members of Got7 had parted ways with JYP Entertainment after their contract had expired.
K-pop, Hip Hop, Trap, R&B, English Pop, Mandopop
- JYP Entertainment (Contract expired on January 19, 2021)
- Sony Music Entertainment
- Epic Records
5 ft 8.5 in or 174 cm
66 kg or 145.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jackson once revealed that he was dating an older woman when he first came to Korea and had not signed the contract with the agency. That relationship did not work because he felt that he was not financially secure to support her.
Race / Ethnicity
he has Han Chinese ancestry.
He often tends to dye his hair ‘blonde’, ‘red’ or ‘light brown’.
- Ear piercings
- Long neck
Jackson has done endorsement work for brands like Black Yak Walk Fit shoes, Nàtuur POP, J.Estina, SMART School Uniform, NBA Korea & China, Bausch & Lomb Thailand, CGV Youth Brand Festival, Est Cola, G+ Star Zone Season 7, Celuscan, Tao Kae Noi, Aida Sekkei, FWD Thailand, Pizza Hut, Midea Fridge, Calvin Klein, Pepsi, Fendi, MTV EMA London 2017, Cass Beer, Budweiser, Vivo, TMall International.
Best Known For
Being a member of the popular South Korean boy group, GOT7, under JYP Entertainment
Jackson released his debut album Identify with his band, GOT7, in 2014. The album was well received and peaked at number 1 on the Korean music chart and on number 6 on the Billboard charts.
He released his debut solo album titled Mirrors in October 2019.
First TV Show
Jackson made his TV show debut on the drama series WIN: Who is Next in 2013.
Jackson Wang Favorite Things
- Food – Chocolate, Dim Sum, Spaghetti Carbonara, Chicken, Hamburgers, Cheese
- Artist – Dr. Dre, G-unit, 50 Cent, Lloyd Banks
- Color – Black
- Movies – Miracle in Cell No. 7 (2013)
Jackson Wang Facts
- He started fencing training when he was just 10 years old under the guidance of his father and other coaches.
- In 2010, he was placed at the 11th spot in the Summer Youth Olympics.
- He became a part of Hong Kong’s national fencing team and won several awards such as standing first at the Asian Junior and Cadet Fencing Championship in 2011.
- He was in fact so good at fencing that he received a scholarship to Stanford for fencing.
- In 2010, he auditioned for JYP Entertainment in Kowloon and after getting through, he turned down the scholarship to Stanford and moved to Seoul, South Korea to pursue a musical career in July 2011.
- He made his official debut with the boy band GOT7 in January 2014.
- Some of his hobbies include dancing, rapping, and beatboxing.
- Jackson does not like to wear perfume and he also cannot stand spicy foods.
- There was a time he had a fear of wearing contact lens as he used to think that it would roll to the back of his eyes.
- He is the founder of a China-based agency Team Wang.
- He is fluent in English, Cantonese, Mandarin, and Korean and can speak some Japanese and French (basic) and a bit of Thai.
- In January 2017, during the Sina Weibo Awards, Jackson won the award for “Popular Artist of the Year”.
- In the past, he launched a distribution company based in the United States called Snake or the Rabbit.
- In August 2017, he released his first English-language single titled Papillon. The track debuted at No. 1 on Billboard’s China V Chart.
- In November 2017, Jackson was appointed as the ‘Chief Wonderful Goods Officer’ of Alibaba Group Tmall Global.
- In December 2017, Tencent Video Star Awards named him the “Breakthrough Singer of the Year”.
- Jackson was appointed as an envoy of Hong Kong Tourism in February 2018.
- In October 2018, he signed an exclusive contract with Canxing Culture.
- In November 2018, he teamed up with Gucci Mane for a new song titled Different Game.
- In July 2018, his wax statue was unveiled in Madame Tussauds Hong Kong.
- In July 2020, Jackson launched his fashion brand called Team Wang Design.
- In 2020, he was ranked No. 41 on the “China Celebrity 100” list by Forbes.
- In January 2021, he signed an exclusive contract with Sublime Artist Agency. Later that month, he released a new Chinese single titled Alone.
- He released a new album titled Magic Man in September 2022, which debuted at No. 15 on the Billboard 200 chart in the USA.
- Follow him on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image by HDPics / Tistory / CC BY-4.0