|Jaya Bhattacharya Quick Info
|5 ft 2 in
|Date of Birth
|July 1, 1978
Jaya Bhattacharya is an Indian actress who has gained popularity by playing the role of Payal Pratap Mehra (née Parikh) in the popular Hindi-language soap opera Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi. Over the years, she has also been cast in a variety of other shows and movies which include Kasamh Se, Ek Vivaah Aisa Bhi, Devdas, Thapki Pyar Ki, Lajja, Silsila Badalte Rishton Ka, Gangaa, Jhansi Ki Rani, Pinjra Khoobsurti Ka, Bharat Ka Veer Putra – Maharana Pratap, Jai Hanuman, Hatim, and Madhubala – Ek Ishq Ek Junoon.
Guwahati, Assam, India
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Jaya Bhattacharya is of Indian descent.
- Cheeky smile
- Pierced ears
Jaya Bhattacharya Facts
- She appeared as Lata in the 2001 Hindi-language drama film, Lajja, which showcases the plight of women and feminism in India.
- She was cast as Manorama in the 2002 period romantic drama film, Devdas, whose lead cast comprised of Shah Rukh Khan, Aishwarya Rai, Madhuri Dixit, and Jackie Shroff.
- Alongside the likes of Prachi Desai, Roshni Chopra, and Ram Kapoor, Jaya Bhattacharya has co-starred as Jigyasa Walia in the soap opera, Kasamh Se, produced by Ekta Kapoor.
- She is also known for bringing to life the character of Vasundhara “Vasu” Ojha in Thapki Pyar Ki from 2015 to 2017.
- She started appearing in the recurring role of Manjari Sanyal, Omkar’s mother, in the television drama series, Pinjara Khoobsurti Ka (English: Cage Of Beauty), in 2020.
- Jaya Bhattacharya is also a major animal lover and has often worked in order to feed the strays.
- She has accrued a fan base of more than 150k followers on Instagram.
- Amidst the Covid-19 pandemic, it was rumored that she had passed away but she then took to social media to clarify the situation.
Featured Image by FilmiTadka / filmitadka.in / CC BY-SA 3.0