|Jennie Kim Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||January 16, 1996|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Jennie Kim is a South Korean K-pop star who is the vocalist of the famous South Korean girl band, Black Pink. She is a style diva and a treasured YG Entertainment artist. Jennie has also appeared in G-Dragon’s music video “That XX”. She has a huge fan base and is often referred to as ‘The YG Princess’.
Anyang, South Korea
Seoul, South Korea
After shifting base from South Korea, Jennie attended the ACG Parnell College in Auckland, New Zealand, to receive education in English.
When she came back to her native country in 2010, she went to the Chungdam High School to continue her studies.
Rapper, Singer, Dancer, Model
- Father – Owns a hospital
- Mother – A shareholder in the media company CJ E&M
- Siblings – None
K-pop, EDM, hip-hop
Piano, Flute, Vocals
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
48 kg or 106 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Like the other members of the Black Pink band, Jennie is also prohibited from dating. She revealed that she would prefer someone who is a hard worker.
Her name was linked with –
- RM (2017) – BTS band member RM was rumored to be dating with Jennie in 2017. They were spotted leaving a restaurant, which led to the rumors that they were out on a date. But, the duo was never seen together publicly after that day.
- Kim Jong-in (2018-2019) – Exo’s Kai or Kim Jong-in allegedly started dating Jennie in October 2018. They had spent time together during Paris Fashion Week. They were also seen together on November 25, 2018, as per pictures released by Dispatch. Finally, in January 2019, the dating news was confirmed by SM Entertainment who manages Kai’s band Exo. Few days after that, on January 25, 2019, the news of Kim Jong-in and Jennie’s separation was confirmed.
- G-Dragon (2021) – In February 2021, it was reported that Jennie was dating the Big Bang member and solo artist, G-Dragon.
- V (2022-Present) – In 2022, Jennie was rumored to be dating BTS‘ V. In May 2023, the couple again ignited the romance rumors after they were spotted holding hands during a late-night walk in France.
Race / Ethnicity
With her band, Black Pink, Jennie has endorsed –
- Incheon Main Customs – The band became the brand ambassador for Incheon Main Customs in May 2017.
- They have also endorsed brands like Reebok, Moonshot, Adidas, The Coca-Cola Company, Louis Vuitton, St. Scott London, and Lotte Trevi sparkling water.
- In February 2021, she was revealed as the face of Chum Churum.
- In April 2021, Jennie was announced as the model for Dashing Diva, a global nail brand.
- In August 2022, she was revealed as the face of the soju brand Lotte Soonhari.
In March 2023, Jennie appeared in Calvin Klein’s “Spring 2023” campaign. Later, in August 2023, she was featured in Calvin Klein’s “Fall campaign”.
Best Known For
Being the vocalist of the famous South Korean girl band, Black Pink.
As a Singer
Before the debut of her band, Black Pink, she sang with the singers G-Dragon and Seungri in 2013 in songs Black and GG Be, respectively. She also got featured in the song ‘Special’ by Lee Hi.
Being a member of the girl band, Black Pink, Jennie has also released songs like Boombayah, Playing with Fire, Whistle, Stay and As If It’s Your Last.
First TV Show
Jennie made her TV show debut in an episode of the South Korean television entertainment program Knowing Bros in 2017.
Jennie does not have any particular workout routine. Just like her co-members of Black Pink, she maintains her fitness through the dance lessons that the group takes.
Jennie Kim Favorite Things
- Food – Anything Korean
- Color – Black and pink
- Drinks – Healthy drinks
- Ice-Cream – Milk-flavored ice-creams
Source – Various articles
Jennie Kim Facts
- She is fluent in Korean, Japanese, and English.
- Jennie’s mother wanted her to be a teacher or a lawyer.
- Jennie is a single child.
- She has 2 pet dogs, Kai and Kuma.
- She joined YG Entertainment in 2010 when she was only 14 and has trained with them for more than 6 years.
- Jennie was the preferred lead for the band, Black Pink, but somehow the band ended up without a lead due to the ages of its members.
- She got featured in an MBC documentary “English, Must Change to Survive” at the age of 10.
- She is considered to be a YG trump card and is often regarded as ‘The YG Princess’.
- In 2012, Jennie appeared in the music video of the song “That XX” by G-Dragon.
- Her fluency in English is credited to her studying in New Zealand.
- She is the group’s style icon.
- Her bandmates regard her as the best cook amongst them.
- She has modeled with other Black Pink members for magazines like Nylon Japan, South Korea’s 1st Look, Elle Korea, and Singapore’s Teenage.
- Her friends often call her ‘Human Gucci’ because Jennie often wears clothes from the upscale fashion brand Gucci.
- In November 2018, Jennie released her debut single titled Solo. The song debuted at No. 1 on the Gaon Music Chart. It was certified ‘platinum’ by the KMCA and also won the “Song of the Year” award at the Gaon Chart Music Awards.
- In April 2019, she became the first Korean solo artist to perform at Coachella.
- In April 2020, Jennie teamed up with the South Korean luxury eyewear brand, Gentle Monster to create a collection called Jentle Home.
- As of December 2020, she was the 2nd most followed k-pop idol on her personal Instagram with over 37 million followers.
- In May 2023, Jennie made her Met Gala debut. For the event, she wore an ivory duchesse satin bustier dress embellished with a white camélia and a black ribbon.
Featured Image by DaftTaengk / YouTube / CC BY 3.0